Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 17:15   #106
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Volkswagen Jetta : Production Stopped

I've no idea why Volkswagen pulled out the D Segment sedan which was in the approachable price range for many.
I myself own a 2013 Jetta Comfortline & it's super companion till date. I just love the super refined German power. Flawless!

After the removal of Jetta from Indian market, there's a big void for VW. Either you have a Vento or you burn a big hole in your pocket to procure Passat. This is in no way to capture or command the market.

As a result Skoda has been on top w/ it's Facelifted Rapid/Octavia (Obviously Rapid competes w/ Vento) but I wonder what's going on in the mind of VW folks.

I hope they reinvent Jetta & the D segment is refilled again soon.
catchdoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 23:11   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchdoon View Post
I've no idea why Volkswagen pulled out the D Segment sedan which was in the approachable price range for many.
The Jetta MK7 is not made in Right Hand Drive format. That is why, Indian market losses out on Jetta.
Old 14th May 2019, 13:50   #108
BHPian

Hmm. So I've been taking quite a lot of test drives of Polo and Vento in the recent times, and been nudging the Volkswagen customer care folks for any ETA on the next facelift since there is news floating around. Now, I've had no luck with that, but...
I was told by their customer care folks that Volkswagen plans on reviving the Jetta next year. Remember, this was not a canned reply because I did not ask them anything about Jetta, this was something they came up with.

Then one week later when I was test driving a Vento, I casually asked the sales associate about what's up with the facelift and other chit chat about the company, and he told me that (again, without probing) that Volkswagen plans on re-introducing the Jetta next year.

This has happened twice while talking to Volkswagen folks on unrelated topics, so I thought it's worth sharing this "rumour" here.

Now, I'm not sure if it's Virtus taking Jetta's place next year, or is it Jetta coming back, but there is something going on there.

Mods, feel free to create a "Rumour: Jetta is coming back in 2020" thread out of this post if you think that's fine
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 14:10   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
--
I was told by their customer care folks that Volkswagen plans on reviving the Jetta next year. Remember, this was not a canned reply because I did not ask them anything about Jetta, this was something they came up with.

--
Jetta in its international format is not made for LHD markets. ( as explained by many, earlier to this post ) and will not come to India.

But the 'JETTA' nomenclature is likely to adorn the Vento replacement (VIRTUS) as it will move a segment higher in pricing.( read... bigger and feature rich)

As an example, see below. The Jetta is sold as NEW VENTO in Uruguay. so we could get the VIRTUS as a 2021 Jetta

Quote:
Volkswagen launches in Uruguay the New Jetta 2019 (known as VW Vento in the local market). The model arrives imported from Mexico in its versions, both with 1.4 Turbo engine, and option of automatic transmission.
R.I.P. Volkswagen Jetta : Production Stopped-novojetta2019-4.jpg

Link (Next-gen Volkswagen Jetta spied without camouflage. EDIT: Launched)

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th May 2019 at 14:12.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 14:37   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
so we could get the VIRTUS as a 2021 Jetta
This is what I thought as well. I asked the customer care folks if they were talking about Virtus, but they insisted on Jetta.
So yes, they're probably going to name it Jetta instead of Virtus like you've suggested
Old 14th May 2019, 16:35   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
This is what I thought as well. I asked the customer care folks if they were talking about Virtus, but they insisted on Jetta.
So yes, they're probably going to name it Jetta instead of Virtus like you've suggested
Well, the Vento was the name given to the Jetta Mark3 in all geo's except the US. It moved down a segment to become the Polo saloon, perhaps the Jetta might follow.

Quite possible, the Virtus name might might seem unsullied for some!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks