Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2017, 22:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

Well I really don't know what to say. It looks as if Ford India has again reduced the prices of the Trend Variants in a quite and unassuming manner. The 2.2 Ltr Trend 4x4 MT and 4x2 AT variants are now again priced the same, at around 24 lakhs ex showroom. Although the official Ford Website mentions the old prices only, it now carries a disclaimer against the prices of these variants (Screenshot attached for reference).

Great news for those who were planning to buy the 2.2 4x4 MT variants in the last couple of months. At the same time, i pity those who bought the same variant at prices close to 3 lakhs more in Jan / Feb.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back-ford-price.jpg  

Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back-ford.jpg  

nvldvr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:12   #17
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Well I really don't know what to say. It looks as if Ford India has again reduced the prices of the Trend Variants in a quite and unassuming manner. The 2.2 Ltr Trend 4x4 MT and 4x2 AT variants are now again priced the same, at around 24 lakhs ex showroom. Although the official Ford Website mentions the old prices only, it now carries a disclaimer against the prices of these variants (Screenshot attached for reference).
3rd time in less than 3 months? What is happening is not good to Ford. As I a product I really like Endeavour. But confidence wise this is not good from customer point of view. So much fragility in the pricing. I am talking to a sales person in Ford and he tried to push a Dec vehicle to me for the same price as that of Jan 2017. He was surprised that I could catch him. He said customers never consider this! Then he said I can not get a 2.2 Trend as Ford is not producing. I came to know this from other source as well. Only in April/May we will get some stocks! He sounds true to me as I heard there are issues with 2.2 Trends as the demand is lower. There is some serious flaw in the Pricing/Procurement/Production and Sales with Ford. They need to fix this. I am still taking my time and might settle either for the Trend AT (lowest AT model) or Fortuner AT.

Last edited by sgmuser : 2nd March 2017 at 13:13.
sgmuser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:35   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Well I really don't know what to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
There is some serious flaw in the Pricing/Procurement/Production and Sales with Ford.
My goodness, the Ford Endeavour is not a car, but more like a highly volatile stock on the BSE that moves up & down every month . This is bad as it creates an air of uncertainty around what is arguably the best SUV in the segment.

Ford should take a leaf out of the Mercedes / BMW / Audi book. They don't change the official price that often; however, they do keep tweaking the discounts every month. Though neither is ideal, the latter is better than seeing a different official price list every month!

Like I'd posted earlier, a customer typically takes 2 - 3 months to finalise his car purchase. With the Ford Endeavour, he'll be seeing a different price sheet every time he visits the showroom ! What kind of impression does that leave?
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:40   #19
BHPian

It says the 4x4 MT is cheaper than the 4x2 MT. I normally do not follow this segment; but is this possible or a typo? Also, incidental charges of 20k. Well well!
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:56   #20
BHPian

There must be some one at Ford India who wanted to be on the trading floor but unfortunately joined a car company!

Ford should list the Endeavour on a stock exchange instead of selling through showrooms
octane_100 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:44   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Tomorrow's newspaper headline:

"Ford de-regulates Endeavour's prices. To be revised every 30 days, as and when deemed fit by the parent company."

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd March 2017 at 16:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

This would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic. Ford is killing demand for a highly desirable vehicle by its fluctuating and rather weird pricing.

Weird because it seems the 4x2 MT version of the Trend Endeavour is actually significantly more expensive than the respective 4x4 and AT versions! Why would anyone even consider buying a lower-specced car for more money? It's bewildering!

Also a 3.2 Trend makes no sense at all at these prices. The premium over the 2.2 Trend AT is nearly 5L! Just for the 3.2 engine? I know it's good but THAT good?

Looking at the confused pricing strategy for the lower variants, the only Endeavour that seems sensibly priced is the 3.2 Titanium- for 3.5L more than the 2.2 Tit AT, you get that engine, pan sunroof, extra airbag and some more goodies. And all that cheaper than the similar-trim Fortuner.

No brainer really. Get the 3.2 Tit- else don't get it
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:29   #23
BANNED

There is no price change. The website says (updated on 02-Feb) like this..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back-20170303-17_29_46build-price.png  

Last edited by chaudh2s : 3rd March 2017 at 17:30.
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Lets all take a moment and pray for the poor souls who took delivery during this short period of hiked prices. Most of them would probably not even know that the prices have again been rolled back, unless they follow online forums. May god give them peace.

I am planning to book the Ecosport. Thanks to Brezza, I feel safe and secure that Ford would not hike the prices of ecosport to its old pricing.
Old 3rd March 2017, 18:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
It says the 4x4 MT is cheaper than the 4x2 MT. I normally do not follow this segment; but is this possible or a typo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Weird because it seems the 4x2 MT version of the Trend Endeavour is actually significantly more expensive than the respective 4x4 and AT versions! Why would anyone even consider buying a lower-specced car for more money? It's bewildering!
Most probably it is because they would have produced more 4x4 MT and 4x2 AT units in Trend trim, hence to clear stocks and balance the inventory, they might have adopted this weird pricing strategy

I'm not able to think of any other logic for this pricing.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 3rd March 2017 at 18:31.
Old 3rd March 2017, 18:29   #26
BHPian

Pathetic pricing strategy from Ford. Clearly Ford's marketing division doesn't know a thing or two about portraying a consistent image to consumers. Brings in distrust among consumers.
Old 3rd March 2017, 18:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and Gentlemen, please spare a thought for the poor souls working at Ford.

They have to sit idle most of the times, with a slack demand for the Figo twins and also the numbers from the Endeavour aren't that high either.

Time has to be killed.

Drop the price --> see & read market reactions and increase sales

-- sales back to normal --

Hike the price --> see and read market reaction and get entertained.

They had done the same thing on the Ecosport too. Reduced prices at the time of Brezza launch and then hiked it back up within a couple of months
and then hiked even more and also removed some features (and added some).

Seems to be a favorite past time of the committee there.

PS: I personally believe that they are made to fill up time sheets there at Ford, explaining how much time was spent where. I think that's the crux of the problem. Time sheet.
Not the input costs.
Not the increase in Fixed costs.
Not market sentiment
Not even blah blah.

It has to be the time sheet.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 3rd March 2017 at 19:00.
vinit.merchant is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 19:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I personally believe that they are made to fill up time sheets there at Ford, explaining how much time was spent where. I think that's the crux of the problem. Time sheet.
Not the input costs.
Not the increase in Fixed costs.
Not market sentiment
Not even blah blah.

It has to be the time sheet.
You have explained it in a way no one else could have explained. But Ford is not alone, Maruti also is experimenting with such thoughts. After the debacle of S-Cross, now once again they are up with Baleno RS pricing.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks