Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2020, 19:46   #361
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

My air con has started making a hissing sound since this morning. Managed to isolate the sound to the compressor area below the dashboard. AC still cools but the sound is very audible inside the cabin. Car is still under warranty so I’ve booked an appointment at tafe on Monday. Anyone else saw this happen on their rides?
Old 21st January 2020, 19:46   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
My air con has started making a hissing sound since this morning. Managed to isolate the sound to the compressor area below the dashboard. AC still cools but the sound is very audible inside the cabin. Car is still under warranty so I’ve booked an appointment at tafe on Monday. Anyone else saw this happen on their rides?
As luck would have it, turned out to be just a poly bag that got sucked in to the inlet causing all that noise. Tafe charged me a princely INR 162 for Compressor cleaning and another INR900 something for a general check up I asked for since the car had already covered 9k kms since the last service. Got all of this done in 1 hr flat. Being first in line at Tafe early in the morning helped. The number of vehicles lined up for service by 11am is astonishing! Vinayak shutting shop has certainly had an impact.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 22:35   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda to discontinue their 1.5-litre diesel & the 1.6-litre petrol engines from the Rapid. To get a completely new engine.

The new engine will be the 1.0L TSI engine . The engine in the international market has two states of tunes – 95 bhp / 160 Nm and 115 bhp / 200 Nm.

The bigger power tuned engine will likely be available to the Rapid.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st January 2020 at 22:37.
Old 6th February 2020, 10:28   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, this is confirmed now. Rapid comes in two trim levels with the 1.0 TSI engine and a choice of manual or DSG transmissions.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-debuts-415997

I think the engine will deliver an optimal balance of power and fuel efficiency. The power is not going down at all (still 110 hp) and the torque is probably 25 NM more and even more importantly the low-end torque is probably very very good. This will give the car better driveability. Saves a few hundred rupees every month due to lower fuel consumption. Small turbocharged petrol's beat the old larger NA engines every way.

It can do 0-100 in less than 10 seconds! Where the old 1.6 MPI engine (dating its origins back to 1975) used to take 11.6 seconds!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 6th February 2020 at 10:44.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:32   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Small turbocharged petrol's beat the old larger NA engines every way.
Really ? Then why people say there is no replacement for displacement. In the ecosport review also, NA engine was recommended
Old 6th February 2020, 10:39   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this is confirmed now. Rapid comes in two trim levels with the 1.0 TSI engine and a choice of manual or DSG transmissions.

I think the engine will deliver an optimal balance of power and fuel efficiency. The power is not going down at all (still 110 hp) and the torque is probably 25 NM more and even more importantly the low-end torque is probably very very good. This will give the car better driveability. Saves a few hundred rupees every month due to lower fuel consumption. Small turbocharged petrol's beat the old larger NA engines every way.
That's what I used to believe until i watched this!

Jason Cammisa explains it quite well! Not too technical!
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:55   #367
BHPian

Bought home this beauty in 1.5L Diesel Ambition avatar during December 2019 offers. Clocked 3K kms so far and every time I open the driver’s seat, a smile is plastered across my face. Here are some of the mods done so far:

1) Ceramic Coating from Detailing Devils, Delhi
2) Upsized my tires to 195/60 R15 Continental MC5s from Goodyears.
3) Stock horns replaced with plug and play OEM Octavia horns. Got them from ASS for 4.5k a pair.
4) Bought 4 years maintenance pack for 33k INR.

Mods planned:
1) HIDs in low beams.
2) Philips LEDs in High beams.
3) Art leather seat covers.

Nothing is perfect, so is my car. Have faced a few niggles which are listed below:
1) Squeaking noise from co-driver’s door. Applied Gummi Pflege on the rubber beads. Worked for a month and then the noises re-appeared.
2) Car pulls towards left after 80kmph after tire change. Checked the alignment, everything is fine as per ASS. Haven’t got the chance to test again after that.
3) A tuk tuk tuk noise, apparently coming in with every wheel rotation from rear driver side wheel and it increases with speed. Checked today, the mud flaps are loose. Will have to figure it out in next drive if the mud flaps are culprits or something major hiding somewhere.
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img_0911.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-prasenjeet-mussurie.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-showroom.jpg

Last edited by Tuisha110HP : 18th March 2020 at 16:11. Reason: spelling mistake
Tuisha110HP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 20:51   #368
BHPian

Latest update about my Rapid after a drive in the leisurely noon traffic.
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-noon.jpg

Before that, this one was while coming home early in the morning. Absolutely zero traffic. It was showing 18.1, but by the time I parked the car by the roadside and pulled my phone from the pocket [I had to literally wriggle my hand out of my pocket] and focused on the odometer, it dropped to 17.6.
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-early_morning.jpg

In both the cases, I parked the car by the roadside and then clicked the pictures.
Old 24th March 2020, 21:30   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Please peel off all OEM stickers. They tend to leave behind a residue of left on too long.
Old 24th March 2020, 22:03   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_GPS View Post
..this one was while coming home early in the morning. Absolutely zero traffic........ I parked the car by the roadside and then clicked the pictures.
Congrats on the car mate, but bear with me, this is no time for such self indulgence. Stay safe, no offence intended.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 22:37   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Please peel off all OEM stickers. They tend to leave behind a residue of left on too long.
Yes, will be doing during the next wash. Waiting for the lock-down to end, which unfortunately has started yesterday here. Will get the polythene seat-covers also removed at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Congrats on the car mate, but bear with me, this is no time for such self indulgence. Stay safe, no offence intended.
I agree with your feelings. But I was returning home from Office on the deserted road, which I have to use for everyday office commute. That photo was taken during the drive after the last day working in Office. I am confined to working from home since today evening.

Last edited by Guru_GPS : 24th March 2020 at 22:49. Reason: Adding text
Old 25th March 2020, 08:49   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
3) A tuk tuk tuk noise, apparently coming in with every wheel rotation from rear driver side wheel and it increases with speed. Checked today, the mud flaps are loose. Will have to figure it out in next drive if the mud flaps are culprits or something major hiding somewhere.
In a new car, it's most likely to be stones wedged in between the tyre treads. Take a screwdriver and look through the entire surface area and wedge out the tiny pebbles lodged in between the tyres. One of them would be creating the noise.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 13:25   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
In a new car, it's most likely to be stones wedged in between the tyre treads. Take a screwdriver and look through the entire surface area and wedge out the tiny pebbles lodged in between the tyres. One of them would be creating the noise.
Sure Sir, will give it a thorough check once the 21 days lock-down ends. As of now, gave her a nice wash and dressed her with a cover.

P.S: heard some noise from silencer side under-body, while I was giving it a wash. It was something like shuk shuk shuk shuk. Not sure if its typical Skoda diesel engine sound or I am simply over-scrutinizing. I descended this nature in Kwid. Every now and then, it used to develop some issues or the other. Driving and not let my ear listen to any noise is something I need to learn now.
Old 29th March 2020, 21:21   #374
BHPian

Quote:

It can do 0-100 in less than 10 seconds! Where the old 1.6 MPI engine (dating its origins back to 1975) used to take 11.6 seconds!
Fully agree with the lethargic stock engine. 2k kms in and an empty stretch of road was all it took for me to realise that my tuned Ddis swift would chew this 1.6 petrol up for all 3 meals, albeit only in short runs. Called up a tuner friend who asked me to try a remap, no filters or any of the other bells and whistles. He said expect a ‘slight’ increase in power, nothing more. This was in 2017. We are in 2020 now and I can confirm with 26k kms on the odo with 80% or more on the highways, that there is no replacement for displacement albeit with a new map cos the stock map is tuned for mileage. This car can do some serious speeds, composed and in style ... just don’t look at the mileage figures
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 03:41   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Fully agree with the lethargic stock engine...We are in 2020 now and I can confirm with 26k kms on the odo with 80% or more on the highways, that there is no replacement for displacement albeit with a new map cos the stock map is tuned for mileage. This car can do some serious speeds, composed and in style ... just don’t look at the mileage figures
So true. I am enjoying every bit of the drive and my 1.6 NA MPI petrol engine is as good as it can get with its creamy, linear power output, steering feedback, composure and handling. Though I am keeping it as it is, till 2025 when my 6-yr warranty ends, before taking a chance at remap/tuning.
Yes, the stock car is tuned for mileage, which also coupled with my low usage has become fairly pocket friendly.

Last edited by Guru_GPS : 30th March 2020 at 03:48. Reason: Additions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks