Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 18:53   #226
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
Wanted to upgrade to 16" alloys because honestly the 15" variant just looks too puny for a car of this size and stance. Both said that 16" alloys are "not supported on the car and will void warranty" so I can only buy 15" alloys. So grudgingly, I dropped 26k on 15" MOMO Next alloys, which look nice, but having them on a 16" frame would have made things beautiful.

A month later and it appears some magical 16" alloys have fallen out of aforementioned Narnia closet and are now "supported" by the car. Woop tee doo.

The car itself is pretty sweet. Would have loved to have 16" alloys on it. Want to post a buying and ownership review. Many many learnings to share. Hope to have thread-starting privileges soon

I think 16-inchers are a bad idea for our roads, especially if you're in Karnataka. I own a Rapid MY19 Style variant that came with 16-inch alloys. I went for the style variant purely based on the other features (and definitely not by the size of the wheel) as the difference between the ambition and style wasn't much after working out the discounts (plus with a 5-yr EMI, you will hardly notice the difference). Coming to the point, I clearly remember the 15-inch Rapid variant having a better ride quality on the terrible roads of Bangalore, compared to the 16s. The 15s come with 185/60 profile, and the 16s 195/55 profile.

Having said that, even the 15-inch Rapid can't hold a candle to my 2014 Fiat Grande Punto's suspension prowess! Too bad, Fiat dug their own grave, and left fans like me disappointed (you can go through my dilemma over here (Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched)). I went to buy a Linea at KHT Prime, and they didn't even follow-up after a couple of 'will you book today' calls - that's a different story altogether.

I'm just back from a road trip to Coorg - terrible roads all the way, except for a few blissful meters of tarmac here and there laid inadvertently by the government for the road tax we pay here. Had to slow down considerably on rough patches, which I wouldn't have even bothered to if I had been on the Punto. I had originally planned to sell off my Punto after buying the Rapid; but now I'm not
Old 7th November 2018, 12:04   #227
Team-BHP Support

Many thanks to Nikhil for sharing. The Rapid receives some mild upgrades.

A 12V socket for the rear bench:

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img20181107wa0001.jpg

Auto headlamps:

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img20181106wa0100.jpg

Glovebox light:

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img20181106wa0101.jpg

Theft intrusion detector and alarm (available with the Vento before):

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img20181106wa0102.jpg

A different cabin lamp (available with the Vento before):

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-img20181106wa0103.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 12:20   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Many thanks to Nikhil for sharing. The Rapid receives some mild upgrades.
I have booked a Rapid Style on 3rd November and expected delivery is around 22nd November, and as per my SE the car would be dispatched by SKODA only after Diwali holidays. Would I be getting these upgrades? Probably MY19 car as I can see brochures already displaying 2019 skoda rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
[*]The infotainment display looks the same, but the new MY19 brochure calls it smartlink, instead of mirrorlink. Not sure what the big difference is though. When I plug in my iPhone, carplay apps including google maps works..
Mirrorlink was just the phone screen projected on the display. Smartlink makes Android Auto/Apple carplay software to be projected on the screen there by enhancing the User interaction more fluid. Thats what I understood as I did not consider rapid earlier when only mirrorlink was available without android auto support.

Last edited by aadya : 7th November 2018 at 12:26. Reason: additional info.
Old 7th November 2018, 12:23   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Would I be getting these upgrades?
Even your sales advisor would be clueless judging by how the product updates roll out in the VAG cars these days.

Suggest you wait it out and see for yourself when the car arrives at the yard for the PDI.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th November 2018 at 14:43. Reason: Typo.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 17:52   #230
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Gautam Jain for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The 2019 Skoda Rapid gets some mild upgrades, including new features.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image1-1.jpeg

Side mouldings:
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image2.jpeg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image4-1.jpeg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image5-1.jpeg

Auto headlights:
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image10.jpeg

2 12V sockets:
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image6.jpeg

Light inside glovebox:
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image7.jpeg

New cabin lights including map lights:
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image8.jpeg

Anti-theft alarm:
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-image9.jpeg

Last edited by ChiragM : 8th November 2018 at 17:54.
ChiragM is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 19:19   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
The 2019 Skoda Rapid gets some mild upgrades, including new features.

Attachment 1816625

Side mouldings:
Attachment 1816627
Please tell me the side moulding is an optional skoda accessory
Old 8th November 2018, 20:37   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Assuming the car pictured here to be the Style variant (which it most probably is going by the alloys), the lip spoiler is missing in the MY19 car! :(
Old 9th November 2018, 12:23   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
I think 16-inchers are a bad idea for our roads, especially if you're in Karnataka. I own a Rapid MY19 Style variant that came with 16-inch alloys. I went for the style variant purely based on the other features (and definitely not by the size of the wheel) as the difference between the ambition and style wasn't much after working out the discounts (plus with a 5-yr EMI, you will hardly notice the difference). Coming to the point, I clearly remember the 15-inch Rapid variant having a better ride quality on the terrible roads of Bangalore, compared to the 16s. The 15s come with 185/60 profile, and the 16s 195/55 profile.

Even older rapids shod with the smaller wheels were bad riders on very large potholes. I had to replace wheels, tires and tie rod ends on more than one occasion after hitting an un sighted pothole. Despite the impression that people on this forum have, the extra bulk is not necessarily a good thing for our roads. My Ciaz rides far better thanks to the lighter weight leading to more appropriate spring rates. It results in a much more relaxed driving experience when not having to slam the brakes and brace for impact at every bad patch of road.
peugeot96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 13:24   #234
BHPian

I have the lip spoiler on my MY19 rapid. Probably waiting to be fitted by the dealer before delivery. Also I don’t see the diffuser- again might be fitted before delivery.
Old 9th November 2018, 22:57   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Assuming the car pictured here to be the Style variant (which it most probably is going by the alloys), the lip spoiler is missing in the MY19 car! :(
The lip spoiler is fitted at the dealer level. The entire set, including its glue, comes as a separate packet with the vehicle (so, you have the option of not getting it fixed also ).
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 15:54   #236
BHPian

Driven(rather test driven) my friend's Rapid TDI MT for about 700km yesterday. Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore. Rock solid built. Vehicle just sticks on the Tarmac. I did moderated speeds of 90-110 kph for most of the drive.
I would rate TDI as decent. Roll on acceleration is linear and pulls forward in any gear(40kph in gear 5). Skoda should give 6th gear to milk this engine further. I got a mileage of 21.11 kpl. But 1st gear has huge lag. And the Engine is very noisy(I am used to the CRDI from Hyundai company).
Overall looking forward to owning the Rapid in next two weeks.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2018 at 07:34. Reason: Typo
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 09:20   #237
BHPian

Quote:
I am used to the CRDI from Hyundai company
OT:

Thanks GTO for being on top of the job and keeping a close watch of the forum. After GTO edited my post promptly, I read it multiple times and found to be the same before GTO edited it. Then I understood I have used a metaphor of Handshake company instead of Hyundai.

I actually meant this http://thenewswheel.com/behind-badge...-hyundai-logo/

Last edited by aadya : 13th November 2018 at 09:21. Reason: additional info.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 09:47   #238
BANNED

Quote:
OT:

Thanks GTO for being on top of the job and keeping a close watch of the forum. After GTO edited my post promptly, I read it multiple times and found to be the same before GTO edited it. Then I understood I have used a metaphor of Handshake company instead of Hyundai.

I actually meant this http://thenewswheel.com/behind-badge...-hyundai-logo/

I read handshake company in your previous comment yesterday and thought of congratulating you just for that particular word selection. But I was actually surprised to see your comment edited (I thought it was you who edited, came to know it was not after reading your next comment), because 'handshake company' was well understood as Hyundai, as their logo 'H'denotes two people shaking hands. May be the comment should have been modified as 'Handshake Company (Hyundai)'.

Last edited by pavi : 13th November 2018 at 09:49.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 09:48   #239
BHPian

Can anybody help me procure a 16inch black clubber alloy for my white Rapid about to be delivered tomorrow. Black alloys of the onyx looks gorgeous on this car but dealer does not have spare stock. Any tips?
Old 18th November 2018, 21:15   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody help me procure a 16inch black clubber alloy for my white Rapid about to be delivered tomorrow. Black alloys of the onyx looks gorgeous on this car but dealer does not have spare stock.
Are you looking for a spare alloy? There is a T Bhpian here who has managed to get a spare alloy of Edition X, from Tafe Access, I suppose. The dealer places order and then gets it. It takes some time.

And, are you taking delivery of Onyx?
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks