Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:56   #196
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Ok here is the collection day. Vehicle was taken for the registration and brought back cleaned and kept in the showroom for collection. Since i am out of station my mom and brother went to pick the car. The car came with the alacantra and onyx seat cover, but Surprisingly the dealership told us with teh edition X package company has provided the seat covers and they will be fitting the same. The seat covers they provided were from the monte carlo edition.
Here are some pictures. Dealership provided the bumper to bumper insurance and the 4 yrs service/maintenance plan which will cover up to 4 yrs or 60000 kms which ever comes first.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-front.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-leftside.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-side-completed.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-rear.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-front-seat.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-rear-seat.jpg  

jayakrishnan_v is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:45   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Ok here is the collection day. Vehicle was taken for the registration and brought back cleaned and kept in the showroom for collection. Since i am out of station my mom and brother went to pick the car. The car came with the alacantra and onyx seat cover, but Surprisingly the dealership told us with teh edition X package company has provided the seat covers and they will be fitting the same. The seat covers they provided were from the monte carlo edition.
Here are some pictures. Dealership provided the bumper to bumper insurance and the 4 yrs service/maintenance plan which will cover up to 4 yrs or 60000 kms which ever comes first.
I desperately wanted the monte carlo seat covers during my purchase but was told that was not being provided and i got the full black alacantra mix seat covers. Feeling cheated.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:55   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
I desperately wanted the monte carlo seat covers during my purchase but was told that was not being provided and i got the full black alacantra mix seat covers. Feeling cheated.
Don’t worry about the same I was actually asking them initially from th accessories for the alacantra seat which was for 18400/-. Then they sent the photo of a manual petrol car which they sent he email saying will look exactly like this. Alacabtra seats were really nice. We can order the set of Monte Carlo covers if we need I guess
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 21:33   #199

I want to install OEM reverse parking camera in Rapid Ambition 2017 model. Do I need to install only camera and integrate it with existing dashboard screen or do I have to replace the screen also?

Pl advise any other options too.
Old 4th July 2018, 23:48   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaraf View Post
I want to install OEM reverse parking camera in Rapid Ambition 2017 model. Do I need to install only camera and integrate it with existing dashboard screen or do I have to replace the screen also?

Pl advise any other options too.
I think you need to install teh screen as well. The reason is when checking the skoda website for the rapid variants in the style variant only the screen and the camera is mentioned.
I may be wrong but have you checked with the local dealership for a retrofit and see what they want to say about it?
Old 5th July 2018, 11:10   #201
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired about the Monte Carlo edition seats and Tafe Access said that those would cost around 29,000. I am confused. My current seat covers are decent and would help to get advise on replacement. Is the seats leather /leatherette or is it mixed with fabric? Attached is my current seat cover.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20180705_103102.jpg  

Old 5th July 2018, 14:48   #202
BHPian

Since am not there at home asked my brother to check it and he said its the same as the leatherette seats that comes in the top end Style variant but with these different printed stripes. He said he will check with the salesman to see what cover generally comes with the edition X.
Old 14th July 2018, 01:48   #203
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired about the Monte Carlo edition seats and Tafe Access said that those would cost around 29,000. I am confused. My current seat covers are decent and would help to get advise on replacement. Is the seats leather /leatherette or is it mixed with fabric? Attached is my current seat cover.
Hi mate I spoke to the sales rep and he mentioned that the edition X comes with the Monte Carlo type seat covers as default until and unless someone mistakenly ordered the alacantra seats from the factory. Pls check with your dealership again for why the covers are different

Even Vinayak Skoda in Blore is advertising with the unique seat covers so you can quote that advert for this weekend for the edition X and part exchange mela
Old 20th July 2018, 23:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I desperately wanted the monte carlo.
Quote:
Don’t worry about the same I was actually asking them initially from th accessories for the alacantra seat
Guys, you seem to be the latest buyers of Rapid Edition. I was browsing through browser and it says front 2 airbags in this variant. I thought this is based on style variant which comes with 4 airbags. Has Skoda reduced the airbags due to the seat covers? Can you guys verify in your cars and confirm?
Old 22nd July 2018, 21:53   #205
Senior - BHPian

Today I took the test drive of Rapid AT. I was specifically looking for the pull in sports mode. Test drive was short, may be 3 or 4 kms, on a highway with traffic. I didn't get many open stretches, but whenever I tried to test the pull, I did not feel anything great. This is in stark contrast to the test drive I had of Vento TSI. That car pushed me back into the seat whenever I used sports mode.

On paper TDI has more torque than TSI. But the test drive did not make me feel that. I am just wondering if I was not driving the TDI correctly, or I should ask for a longer test ride. Looks and features wise, I like Rapid over Vento but with test rides, I felt Vento TSI to be more fun to drive than Rapid TDI.

At the moment, I own 1st gen Figo Diesel. Even this car gives nice push in the seat in 2nd and 3rd gear when you revv from 2000 rpm onwards. I even re-confirmed this after Rapid test drive . I was looking for an AT that will match or exceed fun to drive factor of Figo.
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:06   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Today I took the test drive of Rapid AT. I was specifically looking for the pull in sports mode. Test drive was short, may be 3 or 4 kms, on a highway with traffic. I didn't get many open stretches, but whenever I tried to test the pull, I did not feel anything great. This is in stark contrast to the test drive I had of Vento TSI. That car pushed me back into the seat whenever I used sports mode.

On paper TDI has more torque than TSI. But the test drive did not make me feel that. I am just wondering if I was not driving the TDI correctly, or I should ask for a longer test ride. Looks and features wise, I like Rapid over Vento but with test rides, I felt Vento TSI to be more fun to drive than Rapid TDI.

At the moment, I own 1st gen Figo Diesel. Even this car gives nice push in the seat in 2nd and 3rd gear when you revv from 2000 rpm onwards. I even re-confirmed this after Rapid test drive . I was looking for an AT that will match or exceed fun to drive factor of Figo.
I also upgraded (Rather complemented) my Figo 2012 D with the Rapid AT. You will feel "the push" only when you have buried the A pedal and the push is more or less same in both D & S mode with a slightly quicker push in S mode. S mode primarily holds the gear longer if you are aggressive with the A pedal but if you are driving sedately, the shift points in S and D mode are almost similar. Go for a slightly longer TD, find an open stretch and bury the A pedal. I am sure that would leave you with a hefty push back. Mind you, that this does get uncomfortable for the rear seat occupants.

Quote:
Guys, you seem to be the latest buyers of Rapid Edition. I was browsing through browser and it says front 2 airbags in this variant. I thought this is based on style variant which comes with 4 airbags. Has Skoda reduced the airbags due to the seat covers? Can you guys verify in your cars and confirm?
What I gathered from the Skoda Sales team is that the Edition X only has 2 air bags (Though it is based on the Style Variant having 4 airbags). This is due to the ability of switching the seat covers in the Edition X. My edition X has 2 airbags.

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd July 2018 at 14:39. Reason: Back-back posts merged. Please Edit moving forward.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 13:30   #207

After 6 years with my trusted Indica and 4 years with Verna CRDI SX I have decided to take plunge into the Skoda family. Have booked a Skoda Rapid TDI Style AT. Expecting delivery by this week itself. I am going for Carbon steel color and worried about scratch marks. Is any exterior and underbody treatment really required? Further whether stock tyre replacement is also required? Please advise.
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:42   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Your first comparison is wrong given that you are comparing a diesel with a petrol that too a high performance TSI.

The second comparison between two diesels are again a bit off given two different segments and builds.
Old 23rd July 2018, 16:12   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Your first comparison is wrong given that you are comparing a diesel with a petrol that too a high performance TSI.

The second comparison between two diesels are again a bit off given two different segments and builds.
Don't get your point. TDI is no slouch. It has more torque than the TSI. The only bit it lacks is the torque which is spread over a shorter RPM range than the TSI. I should have got a better push from TDI.

Again, on second point, the only point discussed is the push. I did not talk about any build or appearance aspects. Again, Figo, on paper is having inferior numbers to TDI.
Old 23rd July 2018, 22:16   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranna View Post
After 6 years with my trusted Indica and 4 years with Verna CRDI SX I have decided to take plunge into the Skoda family. Have booked a Skoda Rapid TDI Style AT. Expecting delivery by this week itself. I am going for Carbon steel color and worried about scratch marks. Is any exterior and underbody treatment really required? Further whether stock tyre replacement is also required? Please advise.
I got a ceramic Coating done for the exterior. Underbody treatment is not required since all VW group vehicles come with anti rust coating. I got my stock Goodyear tyres changed to Michelin XM2.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks