Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 20:20   #16
BHPian

re: The Mercedes-AMG C43. EDIT: Launched @ 74.35 lakh

I think this is a great and affordable car for someone wanting a wolf in sheeps clothing. The C63 and the M's are ridiculously overpriced. This car too feels a bit over priced, bout 10 or more lakhs than it should be. But in the Uk it goes at 46k gbp which is roughly 40 lakhs inr. I do hate how the cars that reach our shores get costlier exponentially. But at 75 it'll come to around 90 lakhs or so OTR in most places and less in some. So in its competition, the closest is the old E400 and perhaps the 530d and the S5. The 718 in its 80 lakh avatar is too plain and bland though it does give the feel the C class or the S5 can only dream to have.

But i quite like this car and about 2017 mid or so i may just be in the market for a new car and the C43 looks like a good bet. Unless BMW brings this 40i engine options or even the 50i options. Im praying for the new 5 series to come in the 540i avatar and if they do bring it, it should be priced the same as this car and cannibalise the C43's sales. Also the new S5 is out soon and apparently Audi is trying to launch their cars in India quicker than they previously used to. It does feel a good time to be alive as a petrol head. Finally good cars with options are coming back home which only means more happy BHP'ians.

Btw, any BHP'ians gracing their garage with this car?

On second thought, i wished it was a RWD

Last edited by mijnoirhammer67 : 14th December 2016 at 20:22.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 21:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I don't think anyone looking at a 718 would look at the C43. They are too far apart. Also the 718 will miss the additional grunt that the C43 has, since there are no S versions yet. Lastly the 718 at 78/80 is pretty barebones, and most of the options cost a lac or more.
Honestly if I am willing to spend 75 on a faster C, I would be willing to spend 85 on a way more capable Cayman. In the end both are sports cars, both perform almost the same in terms of acceleration. In fact the vanilla Cayman is actually faster at 4.3s to 100 when equipped with launch control. One is less practical yes but then practicality anyway goes out of the door when you are spending 80+ lacs. IMHO, the 718 is way more desirable, handles better, has a more prestigious badge and probably will hold its value better over time. Again this is IMHO and others may think differently.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 08:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post

At around 65 this would have been a good deal. At 75, it's just too close to the Cayman which is a better choice any day of the week.
While I would agree with you, rumour has it that Porsche dealers will not take an order for a barebones car, you are expected to spec around Rs 10 lakhs upwards of extras. Happened to a friend of mine who wanted to buy a Cayenne.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 08:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
While I would agree with you, rumour has it that Porsche dealers will not take an order for a barebones car, you are expected to spec around Rs 10 lakhs upwards of extras. Happened to a friend of mine who wanted to buy a Cayenne.
A friend picked up one for 88 odd. You can't option more than 90 anyways cos of some weird homologation requirements. It is quite possible that the dealer is making most of his margins on options and very little on the base car.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 09:07   #20
BHPian

Re: The Mercedes-AMG C43. EDIT: Launched @ 74.35 lakh

Save your dough! and buy the upcoming

Bmw 330i regular 3 series.

I guess should be launched within 4 months, and will be, by far the best value sports sedan.

BMW does have the 30i, as well as the 40i engines in India now. Its only a decision, whether they decide to plonk it in the 3.

if by any stroke of magic, the 340i is launched, I am gonna trade in my 320d, in a heartbeat!

- Nucliomaniac
Old 15th December 2016, 10:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Honestly if I am willing to spend 75 on a faster C, I would be willing to spend 85 on a way more capable Cayman. In the end both are sports cars, both perform almost the same in terms of acceleration. In fact the vanilla Cayman is actually faster at 4.3s to 100 when equipped with launch control. One is less practical yes but then practicality anyway goes out of the door when you are spending 80+ lacs. IMHO, the 718 is way more desirable, handles better, has a more prestigious badge and probably will hold its value better over time. Again this is IMHO and others may think differently.
I'm sure there will be cross shopping, but not too much. Someone who wants a sedan or needs a sedan cannot consider the Porsche. I know a large amount of people whose first thought is practicality even at 80l+. Similarly a person who wants attention, or a coupe will not even consider the C43 or S5. They'll be looking at vehicles like the Z4 and the TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They were ready to take an order for a completely base car. For the Cayenne it would have generally been vehicles which they have in stock, loaded with some amount of options which would have raised the price. If you order and are willing to wait 3 months or longer, you can have a totally base spec car. But then I don't think there are any discounts if you spec it and order.
Old 3rd February 2017, 00:38   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove the C43 past weekend and came out pleasantly surprised.
It takes a lot of a turbo charged car to impress someone who is a purist and uses a v8 NA as his daily drive. But the C43 managed to shine! It is properly FAST and lives up tto the AMG badge, only part that doesn't is the fake engine sound which comes out of the internal speakers. I find that the c43 has much more usable power than the manic c63 that finds it hard to pin down the rubber. The c43 barely flashed the traction control at me while keeping me entertained with some tail wagging.
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:09   #23
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I drove the C43 past weekend and came out pleasantly surprised.
It takes a lot of a turbo charged car to impress someone who is a purist and uses a v8 NA as his daily drive. But the C43 managed to shine! It is properly FAST and lives up tto the AMG badge, only part that doesn't is the fake engine sound which comes out of the internal speakers. I find that the c43 has much more usable power than the manic c63 that finds it hard to pin down the rubber. The c43 barely flashed the traction control at me while keeping me entertained with some tail wagging.
It holds traction much better than the c63 as the C43 is 4-matic. I drove it on BIC extensively last month and was also surprised by how good it handles compared many other cars in it's category.
Also, drove the c63s the same day and while c43 maybe easier to handle the 63 is just another monster and will always be more fun to drive. One of my friend is driving the c63 everyday and he couldn't be happier. He has covered 5k kms in first 4 months.

P.S. - I still feel these so called AMG's are diluting the brand name and should've held the C450 badge and not C43 AMG.
VSD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 02:15   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this C43 AMG a few days ago.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mercedes-AMG C43. EDIT: Launched @ 74.35 lakh-c43amg1.jpg  

The Mercedes-AMG C43. EDIT: Launched @ 74.35 lakh-c43amg2.jpg  

///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks