Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 15:56   #121
BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India

The Trailhawk edition is a beut! I am definitely going to be looking at buying that one. It has been a boring few months without many exciting options and all this money burning a hole in my pocket
Old 10th March 2017, 17:02   #122
BHPian

Had a conversation with Volkswagen sales executive regarding Tiguan & with expected pricing to cross 35 lakhs , Jeep Compass seems like a VFM Choice . Even the top end Trail Hawk will be considerably cheaper than the Volkswagen .
Old 10th March 2017, 21:51   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Overdrive's sources indicate that the Jeep Compass could be launched at an introductory starting price of Rs 16 lakhs.

While their guess seems pretty confident, from past experience, Ive known auto mags to get any pricing predictions VERY wrong. I'd only believe pricing when I hear a formal announcement by Fiat at launch.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 07:02   #124
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India

Guys, all of us seem very exited about the affordable Jeep Compass to be made in India. However I was researching their vehicles and they seem to have serious reliability issues with their ZF sourced 9 speed auto transmission. This is probably the same gear box that we will get in the Limited and Trialhawk versions.

Does any one on the Forum from the United States or else where own any of the newer Jeeps and have experienced any transmission issues.

http://www.jeepproblems.com/trends/9...sion-problems/

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 19th March 2017 at 07:23.
Old 19th March 2017, 08:36   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys, all of us seem very exited about the affordable Jeep Compass to be made in India.
===
I am keenly following the Jeep Compass as I am due to replace my daily run around anytime now. Any heads up will be appreciated.

I used a 2016 Jeep Patriot AT 4x4 top spec in Washington/ Allegheny Mountains/ Pittsburgh a few months back. Drove along different sorts of roads, freeways, toll ways, country roads and tracks, in dry, snowy, wet and icy conditions on that same trip because the weather was completely different in different parts of the US on that trip. Very smooth. Excellent 'shift on the fly 4WD' at the touch of button located right near the hand brake on the console between the two front seats.
Very nice vehicle indeed.
Does this vehicle have the same transmission as mentioned above - the ZF sourced 9 speed which is allegedly unreliable?

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th March 2017 at 21:53. Reason: Please avoid Quoting with Youtube links, Thanks.
Old 20th March 2017, 19:29   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted testing at Lonavla, on the outskirts of Mumbai, by a Motor World India reader.

These spyshots give us a clear view of the Compass's LED tail lamp sections.

Quote:
The Jeep Compass that was spotted testing was dressed completely in camouflage. The rear of the SUV can be seen very clearly in the video that is linked below.
The car gets LED taillights, black cladding on the bumper, rear spoiler and rear washer wiper. Upfront the car will get the signature Jeep grille, projector headlamps with LED DRLs, black cladding on the bumper and a muscular bonnet. It will be offered with 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels and could also get a contrast roof paint shade option.
On the insides, the Jeep Compass will be offered with a touchscreen infotainment system and a sunroof too.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 05:17   #127
Senior - BHPian

Oh come on now, just launch the Compass ASAP, I don't think we have spotted any other car's test mules as much as the compass! I just hope after all this Fiat doesn't mess up the pricing. They need a mass market vehicle and it can happen if they price it in the 15-20 lakh segment, anything higher and it would become another Yeti!
Old 22nd March 2017, 12:06   #128
BHPian

Jeep Compass to be unveiled in India on 12 April

FCA India has revealed that the Jeep Compass SUV will be unveiled to the press on April 12. It is Jeep’s first locally manufactured product, which will roll out of the FCA-Tata JV plant in Ranjangaon. Jeep India will be tasked exclusively with the manufacture of the RHD specification.

Source
reddevilgautam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 12:51   #129
BHPian

A friend of mine in Jeep Compass supply chain has informed me that base version ex-showroom price will start from 17 lac onwards and top model will be around 23-24 lacs. So the OTR could be calculated accordingly.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
A friend of mine in Jeep Compass supply chain has informed me that base version ex-showroom price will start from 17 lac onwards and top model will be around 23-24 lacs. So the OTR could be calculated accordingly.

That would translate to roughly between 21-30 lakh OTR in Bangalore. So I am assuming the 17 lakh will be for the Base Petrol and the Diesel Trailhawk at 24 lakh. Give or take this looks like it's similar to the Innova pricing.
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:55   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
That would translate to roughly between 21-30 lakh OTR in Bangalore. So I am assuming the 17 lakh will be for the Base Petrol and the Diesel Trailhawk at 24 lakh. Give or take this looks like it's similar to the Innova pricing.
And that too with a very heavy localization content (ard. 90%). He told me that few Jeeps have already been made in the plant and he saw and sat in one of them as well. According to him the fit and finish levels are very good.
JKBKS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:40   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
And that too with a very heavy localization content (ard. 90%). He told me that few Jeeps have already been made in the plant and he saw and sat in one of them as well. According to him the fit and finish levels are very good.

Can you check with him if the 9 speed automatic issues have been resolved. If you google or YouTube Cherokee 9speed issues you will get a host of them. This Info will be very useful.
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:31   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

After its unveiling in April the launch of Jeep Compass will happen in August 2017.

Quote:
Jeep Compass SUV will be priced between Rs 23 lakh - 25 lakh (Ex-Showroom) and expect heavy localisation on the product. The SUV will rival the likes of Honda CR-V and Hyundai Tucson.
ET
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:42   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jeep Compass SUV will be priced between Rs 23 lakh - 25 lakh (Ex-Showroom) and expect heavy localisation on the product. The SUV will rival the likes of Honda CR-V and Hyundai Tucson.
There goes all the hopes of owning this good looking SUV anytime soon in near future.
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:25   #135
BHPian

A friend of mine was waiting at a signal this Monday at Gurunanak Nagar Junction, Vijayawada and this is what he got to see. A completely camouflaged Jeep compass. Thanks to my friend who could capture these pic's and share it with me.

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-jeep.jpg

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-jeep2-1.jpg

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-jeep2-2.jpg

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-jeep4-1.jpg

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-jeep4-2.jpg
TorqueTwist is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks