Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 14:40   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
  • DQ-500 Wet clutch 7 speed DSG
I was wondering If anyone could give information about the reliability of this particular DSG. We all know about the problematic DQ200 but would this be more reliable?

Thanks.
Old 4th May 2017, 17:19   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I was wondering If anyone could give information about the reliability of this particular DSG. We all know about the problematic DQ200 but would this be more reliable?
In general, the wet clutch DSGs from VW have been more reliable than the dry clutch units, if maintained properly. Dry clutch DSGs were made with primary objectives of weight savings, compactness and lesser/no maintenance (no periodic fluid/filter replacements unlike wet-clutch DSG).

The DQ500 (7-speed wet clutch) was an evolution of the first mainstream VW DSG, the DQ250 (6-speed wet clutch). Along with a significantly higher torque capacity, it supposedly shifts faster and is relatively more efficient (w.r.t to DQ250). Compared to the dry-clutch DQ200, it indeed has a better track-record for reliability. It should also pointed out that DQ500 were limited to only few models.

There is yet another recent wet clutch 7-speed DSG, called the DQ380/381, initially produced in and intended for the Chinese market, but later made its way into EU, and is being assembled in Germany also. This has a lower torque holding capacity (DQ500 capabilities are required only for cars like the Passat Bi-turbo or Audi TT-RS/ RS3), and is likely to be the gearbox that would be fitted with Skoda Kodiaq coming to our shores.

Note: As a thumb rule, almost every VAG car that has an engine producing in excess of 250Nm is paired with a wet-clutch DSG and hence doesn't have the problematic DQ200.
avinash_clt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 10:57   #108
Senior - BHPian

VW Tiguan - dealer training underway, more images surface

Thanks to Team-BHP fan Sukhesh Raj for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Dealer training for the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan is currently underway. The SUV is expected to be launched in India later this month.

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-1.jpg

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-2.jpg

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-3.jpg

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-4.jpg

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-6.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 5th May 2017 at 11:00.
dZired is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 11:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
So we aren't getting the Active Info Display ?
That would made it a first in its segment.
Hopefully we don't miss out on much compared to the EU Spec models!
Old 5th May 2017, 14:11   #110

Thanks for sharing the information.

Had a similar conversation with the service adviser when I took my Polo to VW Noida for service. The service adviser came back just 2 days before from Chakan after undergoing training on Tiguan. He seemed blown away by how the car drove and the features onboard.
Asked him if he had any pictures. To which he denied with a grin on his face.
Old 5th May 2017, 14:17   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
As usual we have to pay more and we get less compared to the EU.

How much premium is charged and how much did they loose by not providing Active Info Display ? Disappointing.

VW is slowly going to leave India or will have to suffice selling Skoda, Audi and Bentley Lamborghini Porsche in india. i.e. Limited numbers.
Old 5th May 2017, 14:54   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
The specs I posted earlier mentioned a Premium MFD, which kinda meant not Active Info Display but I was still hopeful because those specs also mentioned "heated front seats" and there is no way we are getting those in India. Anyway, this could just be the deal breaker for me. There were three things that I was very keen on with this car, a powerful engine putting out at least 180 horses, Area View (360 degree camera) and the Active Info Display. I can live with the 140 Bhp engine and also without the Area View but to not have AID too, in a car expected to cost around 28+ for the HL variant, don't know if I am still that interested frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post

How much premium is charged and how much did they loose by not providing Active Info Display ? Disappointing.

VW is slowly going to leave India or will have to suffice selling Skoda, Audi and Bentley Lamborghini Porsche in india. i.e. Limited numbers.
Couldn't agree more. The least they could have done is offered it in the HL variant but to not even offer it shows a lack of appreciation for the India buyer. This car is not going to be a mass seller for VW so shouldn't they try to make it more attractive for those few that are in the market for it. Also, it's not the 80s anymore where the Indian buyer has no idea what the European spec of the car is and therefore just buys whatever is offered, at whatever price. Very disappointed.
Old 5th May 2017, 16:42   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
VW Tiguan - dealer training underway, more images surface
Whether it is due to the angle of the pics or not, the Tiguan looks hunkered down and has a stance similar to R-line (which is lowered than regular) here.

Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs-3.jpg

I see a tri-pointed star in the picture, can't make out which one it is. An indication towards pricing perhaps?

P.S: If it was for benchmarking and comparison, of course, the Audi Q3 is based on the older gen Tiguan
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 17:09   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post

I see a tri-pointed star in the picture, can't make out which one it is. An indication towards pricing perhaps?

P.S: If it was for benchmarking and comparison, of course, the Audi Q3 is based on the older gen Tiguan
My sales guy told me they did a comparison between the Tiguan, GLA and X1 and according to him, the Tiguan was much better in all aspects. Of course, you expect him to say that.

Have a few pictures from the training he attended. Same car, exact same location so no point in sharing.
sunny310c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 21:03   #115
BHPian

Heard from a VW source that pricing for all variants will be in 25-35L range. Waiting for the other new releases to get more inspired and probably try to own one of them (Compass/Kodiaq/Koraq)
Old 5th May 2017, 21:24   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post

But thats the price you pay for a well built product, and I don't mind paying a premium for it but losing out on features is a strict no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
The specs I posted earlier mentioned a Premium MFD, which kinda meant not Active Info Display but I was still hopeful because those specs also mentioned "heated front seats" and there is no way we are getting those in India. Anyway, this could just be the deal breaker for me. There were three things that I was very keen on with this car, a powerful engine putting out at least 180 horses, Area View (360 degree camera) and the Active Info Display. I can live with the 140 Bhp engine and also without the Area View but to not have AID too, in a car expected to cost around 28+ for the HL variant, don't know if I am still that interested frankly.
I was interested in picking up the Tiguan but the lack of AID and the obvious lack of other features and R-line and most importantly the lack of a 190PS variant made me put a hold and now I'm eagerly waiting for the Passat which I hope comes with 190PS or even the 240PS AWD.
VW really needs to take the Indian Market seriously and offer better VFM.
Not to mention the hassle and harassment one goes through when buying a car from its dealership.
Old 6th May 2017, 12:07   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Spoke to one of the local dealers and the information they have is that the launch will be in the second week of May. Two variants - Comfortline and Highline both with AWD. Expected price is 35 lacs on road for highline, this is the only variant available initially.

According to the person, the vehicle will be competing directly with lower variants of BMW X1 (the positioning being that it is one size bigger and with better features such as AWD, for a price similar to the lower 2WD variants of X1). Also expected to be positioned against the Audi Q3 (The positioning being that it is again one size bigger, in the same class as the Q5 with similar fit and finish and features)
84.monsoon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 14:32   #118
Senior - BHPian

For a change makes Honda CRV look great value ! Not sure people will fall for premium, build, features etc and pay that much more money.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 14:45   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
. Two variants - Comfortline and Highline both with AWD. Expected price is 35 lacs on road for highline, this is the only variant available initially.

According to the p). Also expected to be positioned against the Audi Q3 (The positioning being that it is again one size bigger, in the same class as the Q5 with similar fit and finish and features)

I would have been surprised if it were priced any less. After all they have to take a premium over the Yeti, for the Tiguan. Notwithstanding the fact that it makes the same BHP and Torque figures!

I thought the Tiguan was around one half size bigger than the Yeti and one half size smaller than the Q3, but that may have been the older Tiguan, not this one...

Now it will be interesting to see the pricing of the Jeep Compass fully loaded 4x4 version.
Old 6th May 2017, 16:57   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more info -
1. Launch this week
2. Highline is the only version initially available at Launch
3. Competition being targeted are BMW X1, Audi Q3 and Mercedes GLA.
4. Rich set of features including full panoramic sunroof, paddle shifts, full LED headlamps, attention assist, all wheel drive, Navigation, back up camera, leather seating, 6 airbags, terrain modes, drive modes, push button start, cruise control, Android Auto and Apple Car Play etc.
5. Runner up as Global Car if the year, narrowly missed out to Jaguar FPace.
6. India will not get Active Display for the instrument cluster and infotainment system is only 6.5 inches, the diesel engine is in lower state of tune making 143hp - the only three misses in my view. The lower tune is however being considered more responsive by global reviewers.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 6th May 2017 at 17:01.
84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks