Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:18   #1
BHPian

VW Dieselgate: 2nd-gen Skoda Superb recalled in India

Quote:
Volkswagen Deiselgate issue has resulted in VW recalling millions of cars across the globe. The issue has also affected VW Group (VW + Audi + Skoda)cars in India. About nine months after VW started recalling cars in the US, the Indian arm of VW is all set to issue recall of cars in India.
The first car to be recalled is old generation Skoda Superb. All affected units were powered by 2.0-litre EA 189 diesel engine. Currently in its third generation, the recall has affected Skoda Superb diesel variants which were on sale till the start of 2016, ahead of the launch of new gen Skoda Superb.
https://www.rushlane.com/old-gen-sko...-12108633.html
razorBlades is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 05:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Dieselgate: 2nd-gen Skoda Superb recalled in India

Today's TOI reports a slap on the wrist by NGT to VW. The report says:
Quote:
The National Green Tribunal asked Volkswagen India on Friday why costs shouldn't be imposed on it for allowing “polluting“ vehicles to ply on the roads more than a year after it undertook to recall them.
Expressing displeasure over the delay , the tribunal asked the company to submit a roadmap for the recall.Trials in the US showed that Volkswagen had installed a software in its cars which allowed them to fudge emissions during tests. The Automotive Research Association of India too conducted tests on some VW models and found three to nine times more NOx emissions on the road compared to laboratory conditions.
Volkswagen India had undertaken to rejig the software by recalling around 3.14 lakh vehicles which were in alleged violation of emission norms. Of these, only 1 lakh have been recalled so far, said Sanjiv Ailawadi who is representing petitioner Saloni Ailawadi. The bench said, “We take note of the fact that the company has not only in its statement of reply but otherwise also offered...voluntary recall... which are subject matter of these proceedings on EA189 diesel engine...however on ascertaining the factual position today we are informed that the process of recall is not complied with“.
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...18022017013008

Old 18th February 2017, 08:30   #3
BHPian

Hi

Is there any update to the recalls of audi affected by this emission problem? I haven't heard anything from them so far. Has anyone else been contacted by them?
Old 29th March 2017, 15:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
Hi

Is there any update to the recalls of audi affected by this emission problem? I haven't heard anything from them so far. Has anyone else been contacted by them?
Just got an email from Audi India regarding the same.

Very hesitant to send it though - I understand about the pollution, but at the same time, I don't want to lose out on the performance and refinement.

Our Laura just got updated (I think - Skoda didn't inform me about doing it but the car is a lot more gruff and underpowered post service. So they either retuned it, or messed it up royally while changing the oil and filters), and the car is horrible to drive.
Sadly lost the remap, but even compared to what I remember about stock mode - It feels way slower and a lot louder.
Was joking with some friends that post the re-tune, choosing a car for a late night drives has just become easier with the reigning champion being eliminated.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks