Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 13:42   #106
BHPian

Re: Scoop ! Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
In India, SUV means 'unchi gaadi' - huge road presence.

And this pic; where I can draw a clear estimation of the height of the vehicle - isn't giving me much of the positive feelings. I am not expecting anything like being a segment leader from this vehicle, not even second position in the segment.

Attachment 1619115
Depends on which segment you are comparing against. From whatever I have read, it is going to compete against the likes of VW Tiguan, Tucson, X1, Q3, GLA etc. in the 30+L bracket. It will fall in the soft roader classification and cannot be considered as rival to Endeavour or Fortuner merely on the basis of 7 seats. None of the rivals considered above are SUVs in the real sense.
Old 17th March 2017, 15:42   #107
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs

The info I got is that the Kodiaq is being prices at Rs.45L OTR Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. This is from a source high up in the Coimbatore dealer hierarchy.

Best,
Krish
Old 17th March 2017, 18:08   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite possible. The top end Superb comes to almost 38 lakhs on road, 10-15% higher than that is quite plausible. Remember Q5/GLE are close to 70-75 lakhs on road these days.
Old 17th March 2017, 18:18   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
The info I got is that the Kodiaq is being prices at Rs.45L OTR Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. This is from a source high up in the Coimbatore dealer hierarchy.

Best,
Krish
If this car is priced at Rs.45L,it would certainly make fortuner & endeavour more value for money

I hope there are changes in price quoted by you otherwise future of skoda kodiaq doesn't seem bright
hitsun23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 21:30   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsun23 View Post
If this car is priced at Rs.45L,it would certainly make fortuner & endeavour more value for money

+1 to that. Sad truth is, VAG might position the Kodiaq at 45L, Tiguan at 55-60 and Q5 at 70+. That's what I feel.

I'm keenly following this vehicle, but with that kind of pricing and enough moolah at hand, I could rather buy a big Toyota or Ford and a Kodi-based 4K Home Theatre system instead.

https://kodi.tv/about/

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 17th March 2017 at 21:35.
Old 18th March 2017, 05:23   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
+1 to that. Sad truth is, VAG might position the Kodiaq at 45L, Tiguan at 55-60 and Q5 at 70+. That's what I feel.

I'm keenly following this vehicle, but with that kind of pricing and enough moolah at hand, I could rather buy a big Toyota or Ford and a Kodi-based 4K Home Theatre system instead.

https://kodi.tv/about/

Tiguan at 55-60? No way!
That vehicle is nowhere near worth that price.

At best it should be positioned around 35 on road to serve those who want a good quality small Urban Crossover type vehicle.

However of late all these newly launched vehicles seem to be going way over the top on their pricing.

The time has come for many of us to start thinking second hand vehicles.
Old 19th March 2017, 09:48   #112
BHPian

Quote:

Best,
Krish
At that price point, they will have to match the likes of the Q5, Evoque, X3 etc. to make a case for it or the Kodiaq would disappear from the market just as soon as it arrives. Even then, I think with the A.S.S record that Skoda has, would anyone put that much money into one of their products?
Old 20th March 2017, 01:31   #113
BHPian

Quote:
...Kodiaq is being prices at Rs.45L OTR Coimbatore...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
VAG might position the Kodiaq at 45L, Tiguan at 55-60 and Q5 at 70+.
Highly likely, since the new Audi Q5 is certainly going up the price ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
At that price point, they will have to match the likes of the Q5, Evoque, X3 etc.
The Range Rover Evoque / Audi Q5 / BMW X3 crop start at around 60L OTR in Coimbatore, so price wise, better comparison would be against Audi Q3 and BMW X1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsun23 View Post
Both the Toyota and the Ford definitely are more 'metal for money' any day. And the current Endeavour and Fortuner have become quite sophisticated and posh too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
At best it should be positioned around 35 on road
That would be the sweet spot, as that is roughly what a 2WD A/T Santa Fe costs these days OTR in Coimbatore before any discounts.
Old 20th March 2017, 14:36   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post

The Range Rover Evoque / Audi Q5 / BMW X3 crop start at around 60L OTR in Coimbatore, so price wise, better comparison would be against Audi Q3 and BMW X1.
Well, the reason I said Evoque/Q5/X3 is that for a Skoda product to be considered value for money/worth the risk, it is usually compared with one of the Germans, in a higher price bracket. So the Octavia was compared to the A4 and the Superb to the A6. If you extend that to the Kodiaq, it should really be targetting Q5 and X3.
Old 20th March 2017, 16:18   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
So the Octavia was compared to the A4 and the Superb to the A6. If you extend that to the Kodiaq, it should really be targetting Q5 and X3.
I am not sure, as the Skoda Octavia is usually compared to Audi A3 and the Skoda Superb to Audi A4. Even Team BHP Reviews do not compare Superb to A6 or Octavia to A4, if my memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, let us not venture

I share the view of many fellow BHPians that the Skoda Kodiaq would be an interesting proposition if priced at the whereabouts of the Hyundai Santa Fe.
Old 20th March 2017, 16:36   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I share the view of many fellow BHPians that the Skoda Kodiaq would be an interesting proposition if priced at the whereabouts of the Hyundai Santa Fe.
If this is priced near the Santa Fe, it will blow it out of the water. Skoda has that finesse that the brands around that price lack. I for one would definitely look at it if priced within Santa Fe range.
Old 4th April 2017, 08:30   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting ready for a festive launch- The Kodiaq spied again in India!

The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20170403063614_20170329_165253.jpg
The Skoda Kodiaq. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 34.49 lakhs-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20170403063621_20170329_165203.jpg

Quote:
the Kodiaq is Skoda’s first seven-seat SUV and is expected to arrive on Indian shores with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The petrol motor in question is expected to be a 2.0-litre TSI unit good for 180hp and 250Nm of torque, while the diesel motor, a 2.0-litre unit, is expected to be offered in two power outputs – 150hp and 190hp. Gearbox options are expected to include a six-speed manual alongside Skoda’s seven-speed DSG automatic unit. Additionally, top models are set to feature all-wheel drive.
Quote:
The Kodiaq is expected to be positioned marginally above the Superb in a price bracket of around Rs 27-32 lakh (ex-showroom)
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th April 2017 at 08:32.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 08:57   #118
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful! It's so nice to see another 7-seater monocoque SUV get ready for launch! There is a severe lack of 7-seater monocoque SUVs in the "mainstream" price brackets (not considering the "premium" brands here). The Mahindra XUV5OO has no direct competitor, and the Hyundai Santa Fe is also very lonely in its class. Unfortunately, the Chevrolet Captiva was also withdrawn.

The Škoda Kodiaq's introduction may change all that, what with the next generation Honda CR-V expected to be launched as a 7-seater in India as well. I hope Škoda don't go overboard with the pricing. It should be positioned not too far off from the Santa Fe.

Last edited by RSR : 4th April 2017 at 09:00.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 17:45   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Wonderful! It's so nice to see another 7-seater monocoque SUV get ready for launch! There is a severe lack of 7-seater monocoque SUVs in the "mainstream" price brackets (not considering the "premium" brands here).
With Tiguan, Compass, and Kodiaq the so called space would very soon start feeling very lively. Rs 25 to 25 lakhs segment buyers would really have something to sport against the regular choices of Fortuner and Endevour.
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 19:58   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
With Tiguan, Compass, and Kodiaq the so called space would very soon start feeling very lively. Rs 25 to 25 lakhs segment buyers would really have something to sport against the regular choices of Fortuner and Endevour.
If Tiguan is between 25 - 30 lakhs, Kodiaq will easily be 35 - 40 lakhs!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks