Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2019, 00:43   #301
BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That's what it should be,no? But apparently it ain't.
Oh, I thought it is from the date of first registration. Even the road tax paid starts after the sale of the vehicle. Registration validity mentioned in my RC is calculated from the date of registration, not the date of manufacturing.

So what is the case if one buys a brand new, heavily discounted slow mover 2016 model in 2018? Fiat Linea?

Last edited by batish : 13th May 2019 at 00:47. Reason: Adding details
Old 30th August 2019, 08:33   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

SC admits appeal against ban on old diesel vehicles.

Quote:
The Centre has pleaded that diesel fuelled defence vehicles, school buses, tractors and private vehicles should be exempted from the blanket ban.

In its petition, the Centre has sought stay of the tribunal order as this would cause hardship to the owners of the vehicles whose livelihood depends on these vehicles. The Centre has given reason why the specific categories of vehicles need to be taken out of the blanket ban
Quote:
The Centre has submitted that the power to fix the age of vehicle lies with the the central government and provision of cancellation of registration has been laid down in the Motor Vehicle Act.

Quote:
The NGT has passed several orders directing the de-registration of 10-year-old diesel vehicles in NCR.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 09:02   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally there is some hope of a logical judgement on this. Banning vehicles regardless of the their condition and road worthiness is absolutely archaic. It is to be seen now how long does the SC take to decide on this now. People in NCR might want to hold their car buying decisions for a few months till this judgement comes. People like me can only fondly remember our beloved rides which we were forced to sell at a loss and without reason only due to this rule.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 11:23   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
SC admits appeal against ban on old diesel vehicles.

[/url]
Thank god for this. This government has some say in the courts for most things, but this time it may actually help some people.

I have been doggedly driving my car, refusing to send it to family in UP. So much so, that if I have client meetings in Delhi, I go home, pick up the spare car and then move. I hope this comes to be, and soon.

Last edited by mayankk : 30th August 2019 at 11:45.
Old 30th August 2019, 11:44   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather than outrightly banning old cars, I wish the Hon'ble Supreme Court would take cognizance of the upcoming mandatory-ness of Fastag on all vehicles and order setting up of infrastructure to charge cars based on where and how much they drive within the NCR region; we're talking about an urban congestion charge, as applied in London. Pay as you drive. The revenues collected could be used in productive avenues (e.g., planting greenery). This will really have an effect on how much people drive (and pollute) while not hitting the middle class' wallet too dearly.
locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 09:27   #306
BHPian

What happens if the registration expired after passage of 10 years. Can NoC still be obtained from RTO once the vehicle is deregistered??
Old 10th April 2020, 09:33   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Revs View Post
What happens if the registration expired after passage of 10 years. Can NoC still be obtained from RTO once the vehicle is deregistered??
No.

(Adding words to reach limit)
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 14:04   #308
BHPian

What happens to the registration number of cars sold in other states. Is new registration number given in new state ?
( eg. If a car has got DL registration and I take NoC and register in Lucknow, will a new registration of UP32 series be allotted to the car ?)
Old 10th April 2020, 15:39   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Revs View Post
What happens to the registration number of cars sold in other states. Is new registration number given in new state ?
( eg. If a car has got DL registration and I take NoC and register in Lucknow, will a new registration of UP32 series be allotted to the car ?)
You can opt for UP32 plates by getting the car registered in Lucknow & paying applicable road tax.
karan0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 16:19   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
You can opt for UP32 plates by getting the car registered in Lucknow & paying applicable road tax.
Reregistration of vehicles which are deregistered from NCR ( 10 year or 15 year rule ) is not allowed by the Lucknow RTO

Only RTO"s in smaller cities take reregistration requests for NCR vehicles ( some in HP , UK and smaller districts in UP )
wbd8779 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 20:24   #311
BHPian

The registration of my Hyundai Sonata Embera AT is expiring in October, 2020 with 1,75,000km on the clock. Being the first owner, the car is immaculately maintained till now.
I’m confused that should i scrap the car from CERO or should i try to find a buyer who’ll be willing to put up with the 6kmpl average in city and the hassle of re-registering the car outside of NCR for a luxo barge.
Cero Recycling quotes Rs.17/kg for the car which will work around Rs. 25,000. And even if i find a buyer, I’ll probably just get around Rs. 70,000 on a good day.
Scrapping my car would spare me the hassles and risk of the buyer not re-registering the car to his name. But there are lots of sentiments attached to it after owning it for 15 years and would be quite sad see it cut it into pieces.

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 12th April 2020 at 20:25.
Old 16th May 2020, 09:21   #312
BHPian

Queries for Delhi NCR folks.

Anyone here who is driving a diesel car more than 10 years old in Delhi ? Any instances where people have been stopped by the traffic police to check the car's age? There were a few cases reported here of some bigger SUVs/ MPVs like Innova being stopped and warned, but what about diesel sedans/ hatchbacks?

Also, anyone driving a diesel car older than 10 years in Delhi, having a registration number of some other state?
Old 8th July 2020, 15:11   #313
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Recently, my brother was driving to Delhi in his FIL's Safari. It is a 10 year old car with CH registration.

He was tailed by the cops and asked to pull over. They might have run a check on the vehicle's registration number somewhere in Gurgaon. He was given the following options:
  1. Park the vehicle and use a cab.
  2. Vehicle will be impounded and you need to pay the fine to get it out.
  3. Palm greasing.

So my question is - Are they not allowing you to cross Delhi at all? ...Say if someone is overnighting in Delhi, en-route to somewhere else?
Old 8th July 2020, 15:55   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Recently, my brother was driving to Delhi in his FIL's Safari. It is a 10 year old car with CH registration.

So my question is - Are they not allowing you to cross Delhi at all? ...Say if someone is overnighting in Delhi, en-route to somewhere else?
Yes, 10 year old diesels and 15 year old petrols are not allowed to enter Delhi NCR.
Was the vehicle pulled over in Delhi second time ? because earlier they were issuing warning at first and impounding the vehicle at second violation.
Old 8th July 2020, 16:38   #315
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Was the vehicle pulled over in Delhi second time ?
They weren't stopped again. More so, because the vehicle remained parked for two days and then was on the way out to Jaipur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks