Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2018, 17:19   #121
BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki: Outpacing the industry

Maruti Suzuki's April sales rises over 14%

Maruti Suzuki reported a rise of 14.4 percent in overall sales, including exports, for April. In a regulatory filing, the company said its total sales for the month under review increased to 172,986 units from 151,215 units in April 2017.

In terms of domestic sales, the automobile major reported a rise of 14.2 percent to 164,978 units from 144,492 units sold in the period last year.

Link
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:13   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki crossed the 55% Market Share in April 2018 sales.

Maruti-Suzuki: Outpacing the industry-ms.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd May 2018 at 07:14.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 08:25   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki having outpaced the industry, is set to reaching its annual sales target of 2 million units a year-and-half ahead of plan, sets a bigger target - Selling 2.5 million vehicles a year by 2022-23 and 5 million by the end of the next decade.

Quote:
Maruti’s message to its component suppliers about the future is very bullish, after having outpaced the market in the past four years. It is urging them to invest in capacity and technology as the company aims to strengthen its grip on Indian passenger vehicle market

ET

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th May 2018 at 08:27.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 12:13   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Motors ambitious plans for the next decade could face a hurdle as Maruti Suzuki's vendors are not geared up for the massive expansion called for.

Suzuki has other plans if the vendor base is the bottle neck - in the long run could change its vendors or source more components from the established players or the Japanese ones. Also there will be some consolidation amongst the vendors as well going forward.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd’s vendors need to collectively invest Rs1.5-2 trillion in the decade starting 2020, to keep pace with investments the carmaker’s parent company
Quote:
Suzuki’s investments would be geared towards achieving its target of selling five million cars in the country by 2030.
Quote:
To maintain its dominance, Suzuki Motor Corp. will invest $1.5 million in fiscal 2019 to develop future products for the Indian market, which include an entire range of hybrid vehicles and gasoline engines.

Source:
Old 1st June 2018, 12:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki's May sales up 26% at 1,72,512 units.
Economic Times

26% growth on such a high base. Phew!! What Maruti is upto... Shear Domination...

Last edited by AutoNoob : 1st June 2018 at 12:59.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 13:02   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
26% growth on such a high base. Phew!! What Maruti is upto... Shear Domination...
26% Astonishing numbers I must say! Once they acquire hybrid technology from Toyota and implement them, they can wipe out half the competition just by snap of their fingers
Old 1st June 2018, 13:06   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
26% Astonishing numbers I must say! Once they acquire hybrid technology from Toyota and implement them, they can wipe out half the competition just by snap of their fingers
One more important piece of news that we probably missed yesterday.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India has crossed the mark of 3-lakh cumulative sale of cars with the acclaimed Auto Gear Shift (AGS) technology. With the AGS becoming popular among the customers, Maruti Suzuki aims to achieve the feat of over 2-lakh sales in the current fiscal year. The contribution of cars with AGS variant to the company’s total sales has tripled since its introduction in 2014.
Maruti Suzuki Press Release

Last edited by AutoNoob : 1st June 2018 at 13:07.
Old 1st June 2018, 16:06   #128
Senior - BHPian

Official Press Release

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India Limited, leader in passenger vehicles, sold a total of 172,512 units in May 2018. This includes 163,200 units in domestic market and 9,312 units of exports. The Company had sold a total of 136,962 units in May 2017.
Maruti-Suzuki: Outpacing the industry-maruti-may-2018-sales.png
Old 1st June 2018, 16:52   #129
BHPian

Guys, Relax!
This 26% is based on the numbers between May 2017 and May 2018. In Fact domestic numbers of May has decreased by 1.7K units when compared to previous month numbers.

Needless to say they are still dominating and probably more than 50% of market share.
Old 5th July 2018, 15:32   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India to add 7.5 lakh units capacity in Gujarat by 2020.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) plans to add another 7.5 lakh units manufacturing capacity from three production lines in Gujarat plant by 2020, taking the total capacity to over 22.5 lakh units a year
Quote:
The first assembly line of Suzuki-owned Hansalpur (Gujarat) plant has already started rolling out products. It has a production capacity of 2.5 lakh units per annum.

The second production line with similar 2.5 lakh production capacity, is expected to be complete by this year-end,
Quote:
After that, we are planning a third factory. Maybe it is coming around 2020
Quote:
First we will try 20 lakh total sales, including exports. After that we will target 20 lakh unit sales in the domestic market only
link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th July 2018 at 15:34.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 19:39   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Q1 standalone net profit up 27% on year to Rs 1,975.3 crore.

Now it enjoys a share of 53 percent in the domestic passenger vehicle market.

Link
Old 26th July 2018, 19:48   #132
BHPian

They have an opportunity to double S-cross and Brezza sales by launching them with their 1.5 petrol engine. Maruti is surely a goldmine stock in the years to come
Old 27th July 2018, 19:22   #133
Senior - BHPian

Can I take a contrarian view here?
I don't like Maruti products for various reasons but their performance and domination in the market is unquestionable. I think the stock will still do well but I think Maruti has reached the peak in terms of market domination (not stock price) and it can't really go much further up from here.

In the sub-10 lakh category, it seems nobody can really compete with Maruti on the sheer value for money factor. Even Hyundai is unable to match Maruti on price, forget the Toyotas and Hondas. But, I think if any company can challenge Maruti in the compact segment, it has to be Hyundai. I think Hyundai has some advantages - design, build, interior etc in their favor which they should capitalize. I imagine with the launch of the new Santro and sub-4m SUV Hyundai will take away critical market share from Maruti.
Also, the market is moving towards bigger cars and SUVs and this is where Maruti might face a lot of challenge due to lack of proper products in this space.

Only time will tell!

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2018 at 02:09. Reason: Typo fixed
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 00:13   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I think Hyundai has some advantages - design, build, interior etc in their favor which they should capitalize... Only time will tell!
I agree with your opinion. Infact I see another big challenge for Maruti/ Suzuki globally i.e. lack of experience with advance technologies, whether its new age materials, better powertrains, EV/ battery tech and many more.

Yes, with new tie-ups they can bridge the gap to some extent, but in my opinion, it's quite different from first hand experience and understanding of the same. It's like running a race on powered wheel chair.

The Honds, Toyotas, Hyundais, Fords etc. have the necessary exposure to all these.

However, as you said, only time will tell, because Indian automotive market is a strange territory and Indian car buyers' preferences vary from global markets.
Old 12th August 2018, 18:33   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is planning a web portal and inline with CarWale, CarDekho, etc.

Quote:
The country’s largest carmaker expects such a platform to help generate sales leads, one person aware of the plans said, as online queries generate data and user information that can be shared with its own dealers. Currently, the platforms share such data with dealers of various carmakers.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki, which makes one of every two cars sold in India, has put in place a team of engineers to develop the platform that will not be used by the company for commercial use, but will benefit dealers. Dealers will play an essential role in operating this platform
Maruti-Suzuki: Outpacing the industry-marutichart.jpg

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks