Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 15:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Despite what M&M would do, unfortunately the typical car buyer shops for brands and then within that car models. So this model will help M&M control and at best marginally improve on the peak tally they might have achieved with the XUV alone. And by this I mean that the average buyer who has a budget for Innova will go for it. The person who wants to consider a M&M will then decide between a XUV and this model.
Old 19th July 2017, 21:08   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

Fresh spyshots of the Mahindra U321 MPV from Karnataka, by an AutoX reader.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindramuvspyshot.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindramuvsideprofilespyshot.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindramuvrearspyshot.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindramuvrearspyshot2.jpg

Spotted by a DriveSpark reader as well:

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321spiedtesting3191500474858.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321spiedtesting6191500474887.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321spiedtesting1191500474839.jpg

Also caught on camera, courtesy a Motor Octane reader, who spotted the test mule on a highway run with a TUV500 test mule.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321side.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindratuv500.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th July 2017 at 21:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 10:44   #78
BHPian

Managed to click these last week during my Chennai visit.

Also happened to spot an LHD version of KUV100 getting tested for export markets.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-kuv-100-lhd.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-kuv100-lhd.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-u-301-5.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-u-301-6.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-u301.jpg  

srinath34 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 12:22   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's Innova rival caught on test. Sheds the trademark design of Mahindra's cuts and creases.

Quote:
The vehicle appears to be just the right size too. The two side-by-side shots taken alongside an Innova and an Innova Crysta show that the upcoming Mahindra MPV compares favourably with its arch-rival in terms of size. That should translate into a spacious cabin with decent space and comfort in the third row.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-201708_mahindra-mpv-1.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-201708_mahindra-mpv-2.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-201708_mahindra-mpv-3.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-201708_mahindra-mpv-4.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-201708_mahindra-mpv-5.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-201708_mahindra-mpv-6.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-201708_mahindra-mpv-7.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th August 2017 at 12:40.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:49   #80
BANNED

I think it is practical for all manufacturers to stay away from the MPV segment in India. No matter what - even of the body shell is made from diamond and yet costs 15L OTR for the top spec, it is only the Innova that sells.

Last edited by Kishen.padiyar : 7th August 2017 at 13:52.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 15:58   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
I think it is practical for all manufacturers to stay away from the MPV segment in India. No matter what - even of the body shell is made from diamond and yet costs 15L OTR for the top spec, it is only the Innova that sells.
Soo well said!! I guess the others need to do some sort of an all saints ritual to change fortunes.

However, even with all these camo-stickers on, this is my most favourite Mahindra vehicle by looks (Other than the THAR of course!). Just fits my preference to clean lines, minimal fuss with creases, cuts & curves. Looks soothing to the eyes.

Somehow the front proportions are reminding me of the latest Renault Espace. No similarity of course. But it just is reminding...

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th August 2017 at 15:59.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 13:28   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure the Innova legacy can be done away with. Just that neither MSIL nor Hyundai introduced something that matches space, power and reliability of Toyota.

Ertiga for one is small and uses a 1.3 MJD motor which is far away from what Toyota offers. M & M barring XUV, was not able to offer something very refined, one can look at their complete portfolio, nothing is plush and reliable. There are examples like Bolero but such offerings are far from the expectations of urban white collar commuters and service sector demands.

Let any of the first rate players bring in something that is comparable in all aspects (I am not even expecting better compared to Innova) and undercut it by 2 - 3 Lacs to start with, just to cover ground and it will sell.
Old 8th August 2017, 14:29   #83
BHPian

Quote:
But I think still there is market for this Mahindra MPV.
Private owners who needs a seven seater but cant afford an Innova, Cabbies using Sumo's and Taveras who can't afford an Innova etc may be interested.

With the price of innova going up and above 20+Lakhs, and absence of a 'good' MPV below that price that have decent spec and comfort gives Mahindra a chance.

If Mahindra can achieve what they did with XUV (Read ride, comfort, design etc) and price it properly (ie. not in competition with Innova), this can sell.

At least this looks much better, even camouflaged than most of the recent Mahindras

Last edited by Asish_VK : 8th August 2017 at 14:31.
Old 8th August 2017, 15:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

This reminds me of a friend who told an architect, "design my house which ever way you want, but my front car porch should be octagonal". How ever good the design is, that car porch is always an eye sore. Mahindra should let the designers throw away that toothed grill, if they want to design good looking MPVs. I mean, don't you have anything better to copy other than the old Jeep grill (and then iterate on it)?

Last edited by jinojohnt : 8th August 2017 at 15:32.
Old 8th August 2017, 15:35   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I am sure the Innova legacy can be done away with. Just that neither MSIL nor Hyundai introduced something that matches space, power and reliability of Toyota.

Let any of the first rate players bring in something that is comparable in all aspects (I am not even expecting better compared to Innova) and undercut it by 2 - 3 Lacs to start with, just to cover ground and it will sell.
Yes the market badly needs a good vehicle that can pass some shivers down Toyota's spine (currently they are just laughing their way to the bank day in and day out). With every silly occasion, they revise the prices and we all know that the revision only happens north-ward! Let us hope that MSIL or Hyundai - the top two duo pull out a rabbit from their hats. Tata has made a serious attempt with the Hexa but we know how our market treats Tata so it cannot simply get even close to the Innova in terms of sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
But I think still there is market for this Mahindra MPV.
Private owners who needs a seven seater but cant afford an Innova, Cabbies using Sumo's and Taveras who can't afford an Innova etc may be interested.
Cabbies are quite rich now-a-days and I see no hesitation from them in putting down 16-18L on the crysta and happily command a 2-3 rupee premium per km of hire.

To sum it up, given the mass market approach towards Toyota quoting 'reliability' 'quality' and other such fancy terms - no matter how high they price it, it will continue to keep the cash registers ticking.
Old 8th August 2017, 17:38   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Don't agree with you here. Give the right product at right price and people will buy it for sure. Specially if company like Maruti, Mahindra launch right product, it will get success for sure. Problem is, Innova never got proper competition till date in that segment. As per news i got, Mahindra is making all efforts to break the Innova market. They are making sure to have a right product to fight with it. Also it will be priced aggressively. Hope they will get success this time.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 18:27   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Don't agree with you here. Give the right product at right price and people will buy it for sure...
Agree with @aniketi. We never had a good product to compete with the Innova. The Innova is COMFORTABLE and reliable and has a low cost of service which makes it the taxi segment favourite.

The Xylo had a good engine and also great space (may be reliability too) but pretty bad on comfort. I still hate if I need to sit on the 3rd row and get nauseating feel at times. The Chevrolet Enjoy was comfortable, but that engine cried every time it had to pull 7 people. Evalia - am not sure anyone who'll bet on that brand for a taxi. Ertiga is good, but more of a 5 seater for short haul 7, [choosy] seater (as to the size of people on 3rd row).

If Mahindra can get a comfortable & spacious 3rd row with a great price, I find no reason for it not to sell.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th August 2017 at 18:29.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 12:32   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Take a look at its fancy tail lights in these pics! Big thanks to Nimit Parmar for sharing:
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-image2.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-image1.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-image3.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 09:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Take a look at its fancy tail lights in these pics! Big thanks to Nimit Parmar for sharing:
Attachment 1666398

Attachment 1666397

Attachment 1666399

Looks promising. A better looking rear is what I am praying for, after seeing so many MPVs with dull rear ends
Old 15th August 2017, 11:55   #90
BHPian

The shape of tail light looks like Renault Lodgy's tail lamps, vertical with a broad centre. On lodgy they look ugly (personal opinion).

Not sure how they will come out on this MPV.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-b.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks