Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2018, 18:02   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Thank you. Would you kindly point to the Times of India review as a URL or indicate on which date was it printed ?
Here you go.
https://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-ad...-review/31797/

Last edited by Lalvaz : 8th September 2018 at 18:03. Reason: Got the link wrong
Old 8th September 2018, 22:29   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Apache is pronounced as aaa-pache means 'come at the rear'
I would say 'aa pache' would translate into 'Follow me' in this context.
wrongturn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 22:39   #588
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car today in person. It was on display in one of the local malls. Spent a good 15/20 minutes. The interiors were a pleasant place to be in, materials acceptable and the colors mellow and pleasing. Space was plentiful front and middle. Sitting position was spot on and gave a good view. The steering wheel looked busy with all the button placements. Middle row seats were spacious and with good leg room. Externally the size was a good balance between the Ertiga and the Innova. Over all a positive experience.
bigron is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 10:07   #589
Senior - BHPian

Hero fisherman of Kerala floods gifted a new Marazzo by Mahindra dealer!

The famous rescuer was a fisherman named KP Jaisal. Recognizing his actions, a Kozhikode based Mahindra dealer Eram Motors has gifted KP Jaisal, the famous r rescuer fisherman who did yeoman service during the Kerala floods a brand new Marazzo. The first Marazzo of Kozhikode district is now Jaisal’s own.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-bhp.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-bhp2.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 9th September 2018 at 10:14.
rajeev k is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 10:45   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post

The famous rescuer was a fisherman named KP Jaisal. Recognizing his actions, a Kozhikode based Mahindra dealer Eram Motors has gifted KP Jaisal, the famous r rescuer fisherman who did yeoman service during the Kerala floods a brand new Marazzo. The first Marazzo of Kozhikode district is now Jaisal’s own.

A wonderful gesture and a great marketing tool as well.
Kudos to the Mahindra Dealer.
speedmiester is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 13:07   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Our people (Indian people, i.e.) have a fixation with whether or not a car will become a "cabbie segment" car. I fail to understand this (speaking for myself, with respect to others). I and my brother-in-law on the contrary find it confidence-inspiring that a car is a taxi-operator favorite. It implies that it is reliable, frugal to run and that it is spacious. These are the 3 things we look for in our cars too.
In any case, becoming a "taxi model" shouldn't be a negative for a car model.
But it is. So it looks like the Marazzo better not become one.
Since there is no dignity of labour in our country, for us to own a "taxi model" is a bad thing. Apologies for this last passive-aggressive assertion, but I simply felt like spelling it out.
PS: When the TUV 300 was still not released and teaser pics and spy shots of test mules were shared on a thread here, I saw the same kind of speculative posts back then too - "it looks like a future taxi operator favorite"!
Valid point and well taken! This particular coterie ("the cabbie segment") seems to have not much else to discuss, such as the actual pros & cons of a model, whether technical/engineering or styling gremlins or fit/finish. For my money a model that's popular with the taxi/fleet segment carries the reliability & durability badge of honour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Read a review in the Times of India, wherein they mentioned that due to the ladder on frame design, the weight was a lot. Hence MAHINDRA resorted to a lot of innovation to reduce weight. They mentioned that they used forged aluminium for the front suspension. Ball knuckle joints were made of aluminium. Additionally plastics were used in many places to reduce weight.
I’m a little apprehensive about the long term reliability and life of an aluminium ball and knuckle joint especially given the weight of this vehicle and the condition of our roads. Would love to know if this is used on any other vehicles in this category.
Excellent observation, and well worth bearing in mind. Not knowing how far M&M's advanced metallurgy dept has come, but certainly, ball/knuckle joints are right up there with the high wear & tear components. Unless M&M are using forged aluminium for strength/tensile members (in itself may raise eyebrows!) while the actual hardened ball & socket lining are embedded in the aluminium alloy, as has been practiced earlier in different machinery.

Last edited by shashanka : 9th September 2018 at 13:09.
shashanka is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 13:47   #592
BHPian

I think no one at Mahindra noted that Marazzo is synonymous to death in hindi, this itself could be a hindrance to sales. While a nice product from mahindra stable, with strong competition and upcoming Ertiga, Marazzo would struggle to be a chart buster. My two cents
niteshsharmab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 14:12   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Mahindra Marazzo - THE TVC
Not fair. Mahindra has used a shark fin antenna just for the commercial.

I do agree, from some angles (especially the front quarter), it does vaguely resemble a great white, although I am totally in disagreement to Mahindra's claim that the XUV5OO resembles a cheetah.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 15:07   #594
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if anyone shared this comparo video between Marazzo and the Crysta by Motoroids, a very detailed one at that. There is not much to complain about the Marazzo when compared to the mighty Crysta. It is really bang for the buck. Only if it proves to be as reliable (if not more) then the Marazzo could be a potential threat for the Crysta

The presenter's last statement sums it up well, "Marazzo is going to cause some attrition from Innova at least initially, if it overcomes its initial gremlins, functions properly, does not break down & if it holds itself well, its going to be a very very strong challenger. Its very close, but the Innova is a legend with its reliability, durability and rock solid feel that it gives you"

Edit: Adding below my observations.

Where the Innova-Crysta scores over the Marazzo:
  • Looks (more SUVish)
  • LED projector headlamps
  • Powerful engine, more grunt
  • Solid built
  • More boot space and side folding 3rd row of seats
  • Middle row both seats tumble forward and one can enter third row from either side
  • Bigger fuel tank
  • Rear wheel drive
  • Automatic option available
Where the Marazzo scores over the Innova:
  • Price (60-70% of Innova), whereas functions/features almost 90% or even more.
  • Refined and frugal engine (13-16 kmpl expected in real world compared to the 11-13 kmpl that of the Crysta)
  • Cabin well insulated, very low wind and tyre noise
  • Lower turning radius
  • Diffused and direct AC option for 2nd and 3rd row seats available
  • Flat floor (no hump due to transmission tunnel)
  • Window blinds for 2nd row of seats
Mahindra has got the launch timing spot on, just before the festive season. If this is a well engineered product and the initial batches don't throw up many niggles then this car has a potential to carve out a niche for itself. All the best Mahindra.

EDIT: Forgot to add one important point above. The Marazzo comes with all wheel disc brakes, whereas the Crysta has discs at front and drums at rear.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th September 2018 at 15:47. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 16:43   #595
Senior - BHPian

I was driving behind a Marazzo & a BRV.

The Marazzo is definitely substantially smaller than Crysta, both in size & styling. Frankly, it's only comparable to one mass market competitor - Ertiga.

Going by the occasional exhaust, it was being accelerated hard, might've been either a rookie driver struggling, or maybe the car itself couldn't pull easily.

I don't think Mahindra is looking to price it at VFM levels because this is a new engine and they'll probably need to make tweaks after seeing how it lasts in customers hands.

Waiting for the official review here!
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 19:13   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The Marazzo is definitely substantially smaller than Crysta, both in size & styling. Frankly, it's only comparable to one mass market competitor - Ertiga
Yes the car is smaller than Innova, though it has a longer wheelbase. However, Toyota manages to sell around 6K Innova Crystas a month, while Maruti sells around 4.5K Ertigas per month.

I guess Mahindra will be happy to achieve a monthly sales figure near to Ertigas. Both Innova & Eritiga are permanent fixtures in top 20 cars per sales every month.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 23:28   #597
BHPian

My observation after a test drive of the Marazzo-

Pros: felt stable at high speeds, low NVH, good seats, great stability under braking, AC not bad in partly cloudy conditions have to check when sun is out in full, steering feels a little numb but does its job without being inconsistent, Clutch bite and take off is smooth, Ride quality is superb,drivability is good and pulls cleanly from lower speeds in a higher gear without vibes or geeting bogged down.

Cons: best plastics in any Mahindra but feels iffy when compared to competition and especially when considering 16.5 Lacs on road price, alloys look flimsy and in M6 looks like cheap aftermarket ones, gloss black dash insert getting scratches already, engine definitely feels a little underpowered and lacks enough verve, front looks dated already, gear lever throw is a little long shorter gear throw would have complemented the good clutch action well,
3rd row of seats are good enough for people below 5'7"-8", which actually is not bad.

Overall, except for decent mechanicals the vehicle feels built to a cost and is overpriced by atleast Rs.2 Lacs !!! and probably paving way for a clean run for the All new Ertiga.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img_20180909_123329.jpg  

autohead is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 09:50   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What a nice gesture!
A press release regarding the same.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img20180909wa0022.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 10:00   #599
BHPian

Marazzo has sold (dealer dispatches) 1,762 units in the month of August 2018, which seems to be decent. However, I was expecting atleast 2,500 units - may be upcoming few months will throw up the real numbers.

Source: Autopunditz
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 13:11   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Marazzo has sold (dealer dispatches) 1,762 units in the month of August 2018, which seems to be decent. However, I was expecting atleast 2,500 units - may be upcoming few months will throw up the real numbers.

Source: Autopunditz
Right, it's just an initial euphoria and need of compliance (need of test-drive vehicles at dealership) that resulted in this number. It would be a difficult challenge to beat 2000 mark, definitely the users feedback and acceptance by commercial segment would count.

Lack of a petrol model now would affect when compared to competition, you see one has options of excellent petrol engine of BRV with an option of automatic (well, seating-comfort is no where close to that of Marazzo) and upcoming new petrol engine in Ertiga at a time when petrol is becoming more popular. Also, in the name of 7 seater, Hexa will definitely complete with its better look and now established engineering.

And there may be many who would buy Innova base model which is now better equipped, compared to its price proximity with highest model of Marazzo.

Last edited by kbishwa : 10th September 2018 at 13:18. Reason: Additional point
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks