Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 10:12   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz crosses 1 lakh sales milestone in less than 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
How does selling through Nexa or regular dealerships matter? The Baleno has been clocking 5 figure sales even though it's sold via a Nexa dealer network, which has a limited outreach.
If Baleno was sold through regular dealership, for sure it will clock 15K plus. Even now only Bangalore and Mangalore is having NEXA in Karanataka(as per NEXA website).This is same across other states as well. So, Ciaz which is a segment above to Baleno, will struggle to bring the current numbers if sold through NEXA.

Last edited by arun_josie : 11th July 2016 at 10:13.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 10:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

I would suspect a fourth of the total Ciaz sales is to govt agencies as I see lot of them with 'Govt of India' or 'Govt of STATE' markings.
Old 11th July 2016, 13:10   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yes indeed.

However, I should have been more explicit to mention that the top speed as recorded multiple times by GPS is at par with other Diesel Sedans in the segment and that really surprised us.

Of course, I would not mention the number here.
That is very true! And that is what I want to exactly mean when I say "Ciaz isnt slow". If you have a safe environment to check Ciaz diesel's top end, you can almost close the speedo, almost!

To be more clear, the ciaz has a top end that is just lesser by 5-10 kmph than the Vento 1.6/ Polo GT 1.6 (personally experienced).

To be noted is that at those speeds, Ciaz is NOT as planted or as confidence inspiring as the VW twins.
Old 12th July 2016, 14:40   #34
BHPian

I was wondering if it is a possibility that a hybrid+automatic variant can be launched? I am in the market for a car and want to beat the odd/even ban if it occurs in Mumbai (even if at a future date) and this would be the only way to do it !

Wonder if its just the cost consideration that may have prevented the manufacturers from offering this or it can be something else too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks