Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 12:10   #166
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I checked on your point about the 10 Year warranty from Maruti and it is true. Here is a link : URL
That news needs to be verified from Maruti. Because a few days ago I took test drive of the Celerio. Neither the dealer nor the official car brochure mentions anything regarding the 10 years warranty on AMT.
Old 11th April 2017, 19:55   #167
Senior - BHPian

While on a visit to the bank today, happened to see Blue Hyundai showroom nearby and walked in. Asked about Grand i10 automatic options. The Sales Rep explained to me that they have two automatic variants, Magna and Sportz. Both do not come with ABS . The Magna also comes with only a Single Airbag.

The Grand i10 Magna AT On Road Price in Bangalore is 7.49 L. However that is the sticker price and Hyundai is offering many discounts this April. They are offering a Cash Discount of 5000, 3rd Year Warranty for Free which is a discount of another 5,150. They are also giving Free Insurance which brings the price down by another 26,000. With all these reductions, the take home price for a Hyundai Grand i10 Magna AT stands at 7.03 L which is same as the Ignis Delta AT price.

Inspite of all these discounting gimmicks, I am not sure why anyone would pick the Grand i10 over the Ignis Delta AT which offers 4 Cylinder Engine, ABS and Dual Airbags and 15 inch wheels.

Coming to the comparison with Tiago, TATA has clearly undercut the Grand i10 by a good 30K in price and inspite of the reduced price one gets a Top End variant with all the goodies.

The mileage of the Grand i10 AT is also a big question mark in comparison with both the Ignis and Tiago. The Sales Rep was honest enough to state ARAI claimed is 17 odd and that one can expect real world figures of 12 kmpl in city driving. They did not have a AT vehicle available for test drive so cannot really comment how the AT of the Grand i10 performs though...
Old 11th April 2017, 20:19   #168
BHPian

As for the reasons in which Grand i10 scores over the Ignis:
The Ignis is an AMT. The Torque Converter in the Hyundai is much smoother although loses out on fuel efficiency.
Sportz does come with dual airbags, so it's the ABS and 15" wheels that are missed.
Number of cylinders again doesn't matter as the Grand i10 AT is also a 4 cylinder petrol. It's only the diesel that is 3 cylinder. (AT comes in petrol only).
Looks being subjective, some people may not like the looks of Ignis, although it is a good value proposition.

Quote:
Inspite of all these discounting gimmicks, I am not sure why anyone would pick the Grand i10 over the Ignis Delta AT which offers 4 Cylinder Engine, ABS and Dual Airbags and 15 inch wheels.
Tiago is VFM, but then Grand i10's butter smooth 4 cylinder petrol engine combined with a torque converter give it an edge. The interior of Grand i10 is also what wins over many customers - I have seen this personally happen.

Quote:
Coming to the comparison with Tiago, TATA has clearly undercut the Grand i10 by a good 30K in price and inspite of the reduced price one gets a Top End variant with all the goodies.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 16:16   #169
BHPian

Is there any way to check the status of the booking online? I don't want to trust the dealer blindly. I got the engine no, chasis no and TML invoice no. and dealer says it is in transit. BTW what is the VC number , anybody have any idea?

Last edited by archat68 : 12th April 2017 at 16:18.
Old 12th April 2017, 19:58   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Is there any way to check the status of the booking online? I don't want to trust the dealer blindly. I got the engine no, chasis no and TML invoice no. and dealer says it is in transit. BTW what is the VC number , anybody have any idea?
Did you try the toll free number: 1800 209 7979 ?

There also seems to be an online booking site:
https://bookonline.tatamotors.com/contact

How much did you pay for the booking? Is it 10 K?
Old 13th April 2017, 09:44   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try the toll free number: 1800 209 7979 ?

There also seems to be an online booking site:
https://bookonline.tatamotors.com/contact

How much did you pay for the booking? Is it 10 K?
That doesn't work for offline booking. Toll free number asks to contact dealer ��I paid 11k.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 16:07   #172
Senior - BHPian

I managed to compile the list of some of the automatics in the price range with a comparison of features starting from Kwid till the Nissan Micra. I guess I missed the Brio AT and also did not consider the Alto AMT.

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-automatic_cars_comparison.png

NOTE: Click on Image to Enlarge

If one considers Safety as an important aspect and decides to go with an Automatic Car which includes Dual Airbags and ABS, then its very easy - the options from the whole bunch of cars reduces to just the Tiago AMT, Ignis AMT and the Celerio AMT.

Hopefully with ABS being made mandatory by the Government of India, we should have better options starting next year when the rules are enforced.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 14th April 2017 at 16:11.
vsrivatsa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 23:01   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to compile the list of some of the automatics in the price range with a comparison of features starting from Kwid till the Nissan Micra. I guess I missed the Brio AT and also did not consider the Alto AMT...
That's a great piece of info there. Would you be adding Brio and Celerio to the list as well - might be quite relevant in today's space.
Old 15th April 2017, 15:08   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a great piece of info there. Would you be adding Brio and Celerio to the list as well - might be quite relevant in today's space.
Celerio is already there. Another thing is Nissan is offering around 40 k discount as first year free insurance and exchange bonus.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 17:35   #175
Senior - BHPian

I know the Tiago XZA does come with Reverse Sensors. However, has anyone checked Reverse Camera options for the car?

I was saw this video on YouTube where the person has swapped the Harmon Audio System with a Pioneer Touchscreen System:

Is the Harmon System much superior to the aftermarket systems and would doing a swap like above actually be a downgrade? The Sales Rep did mention that there is a Reverse Camera option available for around 5K but I have not seen it as yet.

As my current car has a reverse camera, I feel it would be much more convenient to have a reverse camera than just sensors and looking for some inputs/recommendations on this topic.
Old 15th April 2017, 18:05   #176
BHPian

Quote:
I know the Tiago XZA does come with Reverse Sensors.

As my current car has a reverse camera, I feel it would be much more convenient to have a reverse camera than just sensors and looking for some inputs/recommendations on this topic.
I'm also looking for this option. You can alternatively install a reverse camera with the screen on the irvm like this:
http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Mirror.../dp/B016Y1K9VI
Old 15th April 2017, 18:37   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I'm also looking for this option. You can alternatively install a reverse camera with the screen on the irvm like this:
http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Mirror.../dp/B016Y1K9VI
I have seen similar ones - this one maybe better - not sure. The issue with these is that it works very well during the night when the background is dark.

During the day, when the background daylight is high, these don't work so well. I would not recommend buying a reverse camera online, as one needs to check how it behaves in bright sunlight.

Here is another one, which I believe is available as an accessory for the Kwid:

This would allow the Harmon system to remain intact and add the Reverse Camera as an additional fitment.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 15th April 2017 at 18:38.
Old 16th April 2017, 00:48   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know the Tiago XZA does come with Reverse Sensors. However, has anyone checked Reverse Camera options for the car? ...

Is the Harmon System much superior to the aftermarket systems and would doing a swap like above actually be a downgrade? The Sales Rep did mention that there is a Reverse Camera option available for around 5K but I have not seen it as yet...
If it were me, I'd swap the Harman HU from the Tigor. Since the dash layout is same for Tiago and Tigor, this should be a straight fit - though am unsure how did the Tigor manage a touchscreen while Tiago's don't have it.

This may not cost much, the dealers can provide you the actual price. If your IRVM has a day night function, I'd suggest using anything above it to display the reverse cam. The cleanest fit is going to be what I mentioned.
Old 16th April 2017, 09:43   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If it were me, I'd swap the Harman HU from the Tigor.
The availability of the Tigor HU will be a big problem.

There are also auto dimming irvm with rear camera display available in Aliexpress.

Last edited by archat68 : 16th April 2017 at 09:45.
Old 16th April 2017, 11:15   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was saw this video on YouTube where the person has swapped the Harmon Audio System with a Pioneer Touchscreen System:
The Tiago in the video is not a Harman-equipped variant (steel wheels, black ORVMs, black door handles, turn indicators on front metal panel, no steering-mounted buttons, etc.).

Looks like it's the XE variant, judging by the hubcaps on the steel wheels. And the XE doesn't come with an OEM Head Unit, nor does it get speakers.

The Harman ConnectNext system comes in the top 2 variants - XT & XZ. The sound quality of the Harman system is wonderful - most who have heard the output from the HU won't swap it for anything else in the market.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th April 2017 at 11:17.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks