Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Volkswagen India has launched Special Edition models of the Polo hatchback and Vento sedan. Named Polo Select and Vento Celeste, the new Volkswagen special editions will be available in limited numbers at Volkswagen dealerships across India.

Changes on the outside of both these limited editions include a black roof foil, black body side moulding, and carbon finish on the ORVMs. The Polo Select gets a subtle trunk garnish on the boot lid, while the Vento Celeste has been given a trunk spoiler.

On the inside, both Vento Celeste and Polo Select special editions get scratch resistant dashboards that are detailed by a carbon fibre finish on the centre console. The Vento Celeste is equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system from Blaupunkt, which also supports navigation and Bluetooth connectivity. The Polo Select has been given VW-branded scuff plates on all four doors and seat covers.

The special editions can be opted only in the Highline manual trim of the Polo, and the Highline manual and DSG automatic trims of the Vento.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched-88901231-polo-select.jpg

Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched-vento-celeste.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 3rd June 2016 at 12:17.
dZired is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Here's the article:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/volkswagen...eleste-1414967

Quote:
Although the company did not mention the prices of these special edition models, Volkswagen India claims the customers can avail of these new features by upgrading to the Polo Select and Vento Celeste at an attractive cost. Prices will vary from state to state but we believe it will be around 50,000 to 60,000 over the asking price of the Highline variant of each model.
There's a list of features that the Polo Select and Vento Celeste will each get and a quick glance will assure you that you can get those probably at half price at 3M (black roof foil, carbon fibre wrap for OVRM etc). So, VW is dishing out BS at an additional cost! Yay!

The only saving grace is that Vento Celeste gets Blaupunkt radio/nav.
libranof1987 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

For sure Volkswagen must have brought in these special editions to bridge the extremely long gap they have between half-yearly model changes.

Last edited by Viju : 3rd June 2016 at 12:30.
Viju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:25   #4
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

wow looks great. Do you have more pictures of interior? I wish if there is a way to get that trunk spoiler for Vento you have mentioned. I guess there will be significant price hike for both models.

P.S - I called VW sales person and he said this is not the first time they are giving these kit. He's still confused why they launched it with blaupunkt HU as vento is having new RCD-330G HU. It will take around a week to reach the kit in their showroom. I'll update here once I get to see one.

CHEERS

Last edited by maddyguage : 3rd June 2016 at 12:38.
maddyguage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Bit of an eyewash by VW. They launched the exact same thing in October last year- that time they called it Polo Exquisite and Vento Highline Plus (Related thread (VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched))

I guess they were not able to sell and they have(or the dealers have) kits lying around. So a new special edition. One marked difference is that last time, these kits were not available in the DSG variants. I had tried to get the Magnetic shades from this kit but the dealers had said they cannot sell it separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
wow looks great.
P.S - I called VW sales person and he said this is not the first time they are giving these kit. He's still confused why they launched it with blaupunkt HU as vento is having new RCD-330G HU. It will take around a week to reach the kit in their showroom. I'll update here once I get to see one.
The Blaupunkt 835 is far superior to the RCD 330G (Apart from the Mirrorlink function which is anyway mostly useless). I had seen this kit fitted on a display car the last time they launched it. It does look good. No doubt.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:18   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Here's the article:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/volkswagen...eleste-1414967

There's a list of features that the Polo Select and Vento Celeste will each get and a quick glance will assure you that you can get those probably at half price at 3M (black roof foil, carbon fibre wrap for OVRM etc). So, VW is dishing out BS at an additional cost! Yay!

The only saving grace is that Vento Celeste gets Blaupunkt radio/nav.
So true. VW are doing a stock clearance of their H/L variants of the Polo and Vento and making a healthy profit on these accessories. I think the color options would be limited. And the suggested 50-60 k differential on the Polo is way too much.
I hope the Blaupunkt satnav system turns out to be good.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
So true. VW are doing a stock clearance of their H/L variants of the Polo and Vento and making a healthy profit on these accessories. I think the color options would be limited. And the suggested 50-60 k differential on the Polo is way too much.
I hope the Blaupunkt satnav system turns out to be good.
Maybe a naive question why would they be doing stock clearance? Is it because of ameo or a new refreshed vento/polo in the coming?

thanks.
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Bit of an eyewash by VW. They launched the exact same thing in October last year- that time they called it Polo Exquisite and Vento Highline Plus (Related thread (VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched))

I guess they were not able to sell and they have(or the dealers have) kits lying around. So a new special edition. One marked difference is that last time, these kits were not available in the DSG variants. I had tried to get the Magnetic shades from this kit but the dealers had said they cannot sell it separately.

The Blaupunkt 835 is far superior to the RCD 330G (Apart from the Mirrorlink function which is anyway mostly useless). I had seen this kit fitted on a display car the last time they launched it. It does look good. No doubt.

Yes even I feel it will look good. I've said that based on user experience of many BHPians. I've read about sluggish UI and it's been a while since it's in the market so may be it won't be faster than RCD-330G (that's what I feel).

I haven't used 835 so I can't comment on that but I have used 330 and it's impressive. Touchscreen is better compared to RCD 510. Even UI is far better.

Though the size of the screen is small but display do the justice with vivid colors. Even video playback is good (useless for non-mirrorlink users though).

Overall it seems nice package if it's under 50K mark, because only HU will cost you around 40K AFAIK. I've seen that magnetic sun blind and they quoted whooping 4K for that. So I feel it's a good package. It will cost you a bomb if purchased as loose.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:14   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Maybe a naive question why would they be doing stock clearance? Is it because of ameo or a new refreshed vento/polo in the coming?

thanks.
Yup,I think Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the 2016 facelifts now.The one with the LED headlamps and reverse parking camera added as features reportedly.The Polo won't get these headlamps for sure,but it will be interesting to see whether any features are added.
It will be interesting to see whether the Ameo will get these later in it's life.I don't think so because it is based on a Polo after all and the Vento is the one which is the benefactor of the facelift.

Last edited by vishy76 : 3rd June 2016 at 16:30.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:51   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Yup,I think Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the 2016 facelifts now.The one with the LED headlamps and reverse parking camera added as features reportedly.The Polo won't get these headlamps for sure,but it will be interesting to see whether any features are added.
It will be interesting to see whether the Ameo will get these later in it's life.I don't think so because it is based on a Polo after all and the Vento is the one which is the benefactor of the facelift.

I wish they launch facelift with LED headlamps. Any guess when it will be launched? Most probably not before Ameo. I'm sure it will dig deeper in pockets but I will definitely add those headlamps if sold separately, if not there's always a workaround for that. BHPians will find any possible way to install them anyhow in near future.

CHEERS
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:59   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

When we wish Maruti do a Volkswagen with build quality, Volkswagen does a Maruti, by launching special editions.

Though I like the way the Polo and Vento look, why cant they atleast do a remap bumping Vento's rating to 125bhp and Polo's to 110bhp(or at least 105bhp like the GTs)?

A remap, wider tyres, projector lamps, sun roof along with those wraps would have been wonderful.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 3rd June 2016 at 17:02.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
When we wish Maruti do a Volkswagen with build quality, Volkswagen does a Maruti, by launching special editions.
Exactly what i thought.

Quote:
Though I like the way the Polo and Vento look, why cant they atleast do a remap bumping Vento's rating to 125bhp and Polo's to 110bhp(or at least 105bhp like the GTs)?
Bumping the power to 125 + Bhp on the vento can be very close to the 138 Bhp on the jetta, They have to keep a bit of gap in between their car's from different segments, But i feel once a while, Maybe a special edition Polo GT with a remap and Projectors or a Bodykit would be great.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:51   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wish they launch facelift with LED headlamps. Any guess when it will be launched? Most probably not before Ameo. I'm sure it will dig deeper in pockets but I will definitely add those headlamps if sold separately, if not there's always a workaround for that. BHPians will find any possible way to install them anyhow in near future.

CHEERS
The facelift will be launched only after the Ameo to clear existing stocks.Can someone please confirm if any of the dealers are offering discounts on the highline Polos and Ventos?The top ends will be the only ones which will get these features IMO.
There should be a way of retrofitting these on the polo as well as the vento.The cables are directly hooked up to the BCM in some way(please excuse my language,I do not know the exact technical terms) and the LEDs need a specific amount of current to prevent them from burning out unlike halogens.You surely don't want to end up bricking an expensive set of LEDs do you?
Maybe some expert(gannu sir) can shed light on this.
cheers,
Vishy76
Old 3rd June 2016, 20:12   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes even I feel it will look good. I've said that based on user experience of many BHPians. I've read about sluggish UI and it's been a while since it's in the market so may be it won't be faster than RCD-330G (that's what I feel).

I haven't used 835 so I can't comment on that but I have used 330 and it's impressive. Touchscreen is better compared to RCD 510. Even UI is far better.
My 'superior' comment was more towards the features the Blaupunkt 835 provides vs the RCD330G-Namely Navigation support, Video Playback, more options to play with, better audio support and in my case- Visual display of Park Assist Sensor data (2013 Vento/Polo). I have the Blaupunkt 835 and have used the RCD330G quite a bit in a friends Polo. As you have mentioned, the touch screen response is better and the colors and resolution seems richer. In fact in my review of the RCD330G (Link (Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo)), this was one of the Pro's I called out. Of course, if MirrorLink works, it provides additional benefits.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 20:59   #15
BHPian

:facepalm: why would VW do something like this? They should be more discerning to understand their target buyer. This is just a cheap trick inspired by their market study group. Hopefully this will speed up the launch of their updated version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks