Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2016, 11:28   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti issues recall for 75,419 Balenos and 1,961 Dzires!

Maruti-Suzuki India Limited has issued a recall today for 75,419 Baleno cars (petrol and diesel), manufactured between August 3, 2015 and May 17, 2016 to upgrade the airbag controller software.

Maruti issues recall for 75,419 Balenos and 1,961 Dzires!-untitled.gif

This number includes 15,995 Baleno diesels manufactured between August 3, 2015 and March 22, 2016 for inspection and replacement of a faulty fuel filter as well.

17,231 units of exported Balenos are included in this recall too.

Also, 1,961 Dzire diesel cars (Auto Gear Shift variant) have been recalled for inspection and replacement of a faulty fuel filter.

All the owners of these cars will be contacted by Maruti-Suzuki from May 31st and the software upgrade + the fuel filter replacement will be done free of charge.

Click here to check if your Baleno is a part of the recall.

Official Link to Baleno's Recall page

Maruti-Suzuki has issued an official Press Release:

Quote:
New Delhi, May 27, 2016: Maruti Suzuki will proactively and voluntarily recall 75,419 Baleno cars (petrol and diesel), manufactured between August 3, 2015 and May 17, 2016 to upgrade the airbag controller software. Of these, 15,995 Baleno cars (only diesel), manufactured between August 3, 2015 and March 22, 2016, will also be attended to for inspection and replacement of a faulty fuel filter. The Baleno cars covered in the recall include 17,231 units of exports.

In addition, 1,961 DZire Diesel cars (only AGS variant) will be attended to for inspection and replacement of a faulty fuel filter.

Starting 31 May 2016 owners of the vehicles covered will be contacted by Maruti Suzuki dealers. The software upgrade and the replacement of faulty fuel filter, will be done free of cost.

To ascertain if their vehicle is covered, owners may check at www.nexaexperience.com for Baleno and at www.marutisuzuki.com for DZire Diesel (only AGS variant).

The customer is requested to fill in the chassis number (MA3 followed by 14 digit alpha-numeric number) on the computer screen. The chassis number is embossed on the vehicle ID plate and is also in the vehicle invoice/registration documents.
Official Press Release

Click here to check if your DZire diesel AGS is a part of the recall.

Official Link to DZire diesel AGS's Recall page

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th May 2016 at 12:26. Reason: B2B posts merged. Thanks!
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 13:28   #2
BHPian

Baleno and Dzire recall

In a spate of recalls to have been initiated by M.S. (the S-Cross earlier) Maruti has now recalled 75419 Baleno's and 1961 Dzire's for a faulty airbag sensor/controller and faulty fuel filters.Apparently even cars allocated for export are being recalled.

The link to check if your car is affected is http://http://www.nexaexperience.com...fo_Baleno.aspx

All I can say its a staggering number of cars to be recalled especially over such critical equipment like airbag modules!
shady_lawyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 16:34   #3
BHPian

Re: Maruti issues recall for 75,419 Balenos and 1,961 Dzires!

I am curious to know, when such recalls happen, if the component is vital (like in this case fuel filter), if the faulty part has already caused some downstream damages to the car - will recall cover such issues as well?
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 17:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am curious to know, when such recalls happen, if the component is vital (like in this case fuel filter), if the faulty part has already caused some downstream damages to the car - will recall cover such issues as well?
Exactly my thoughts, what if the faulty fuel filler has caused secondary damage to other components of the engine? Will the customer bear the brunt because of the companies fault?

Maruti should also give assurance to customers that any subsequent damage caused would also be covered if and when the issue arises.

The reason I mention this is because one of my friends had purchased a petrol baleno 4 months back and complains that his engine makes excessive knocking noises. Is this anyway related to the faulty fuel filter? Experts please give your opinions as he is a very worried soul after getting to know about this.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2016 at 13:15. Reason: Typos
Thebat is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th May 2016, 19:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

@ Thebat

This is from Maruti official press release, should answer your query.

Of these, 15,995 Baleno cars (only diesel), manufactured between August 3, 2015 and March 22, 2016, will also be attended to for inspection and replacement of a faulty fuel filter.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2016 at 13:16. Reason: Quoted post edited, hence removing
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 20:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
This is from Maruti official press release, should answer your query.

Of these, 15,995 Baleno cars (only diesel), manufactured between August 3, 2015 and March 22, 2016, will also be attended to for inspection and replacement of a faulty fuel filter.
Did read the article but my hyper active friend who owns the car already took it to the Maruti service station in Yelahanka, Bangalore and his sales advisor informed him that his car might have the same problem as the component is sourced from the same supplier.

Anyway I am in no way familiar with the car or Maruti in general and taking things at fave value posted the above post, so please do pardon me for any discrepancies . Will update with any other information that I obtain.
Old 27th May 2016, 21:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Its nice to see recall phenomenon finally catching up in India and gaining acceptance. Trust might well be built with honesty and transparency.

In this case, considering the fact that fuel filter was involved, what are chances that some other component could have witnessed higher than usual wear and tear ? Like Injectors, or even common rail or worse, the engine itself. It may or may not have occurred, but how can it be confirmed or even diagnosed ?

IMO, Maruti should offer some kind of extended warranty of some sort for assurance so that consumer's satisfaction remains intact. It can be component specific, but should give them a very positive image in radar of existing and potential consumers.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 11:14   #8
BHPian

Recall is good but is there a system in place to figure out if the company rushed out models without proper checks so that market share can be maintained. It is very possible that the parts suppliers in question were under high demand to achieve numbers they clearly were not equipped to attain. Also does the Brezza share any components in question? Will this surface a while later? I don't think this recall will have a positive impact. I think it will have no impact. This kind of news always just fizzes away.
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 10:24   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to recall Swift and Dzire's - Recall is to inspect a possible fault in Airbag Controller Unit.

1,279 vehicles (566 new Swift and 713 new Dzire) manufactured between May 7, 2018 and July 5, 2018 will be covered in this campaign.

Starting July 25, 2018 owners of the vehicles included in this recall campaign will be contacted by Maruti Suzuki dealers for inspection and replacement of the faulty part free of cost.

Press release:

Maruti issues recall for 75,419 Balenos and 1,961 Dzires!-mar.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th July 2018 at 10:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks