Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2016, 23:37   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford launches EcoSport Black Edition at Rs. 8.58 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
These are a few pictures I was able to take today of the titanium varient. I thought I'd share them since there are no photos on the Internet yet.
I did not find the interior to be different.
Thanks for the pics. That is the Titanium variant and I must say it looks good.

I'm not a fan of chrome and the all black front grill and headlamps blackened is looking hot!.

Might even consider getting the lights for my car if they aren't very expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
From these pictures it indeed looks like a base variant especially from the front (Grille mainly). The shade too isn't complimenting Black bits of the car, regular variant definitely makes much more sense atleast to me.
Did anyone notice the rear bumper? Why does it feel like it's not even given a paint job.
I kind of disagree. It may look like that in pics, but the no chrome effect works for me. It's like the Skoda Rapid black edition.

The rear bumper is unchanged. It's always been unpainted from the time it was launched in all models including the top end.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th May 2016 at 23:53. Reason: titanium not trend.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 23:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That is the Trend+ variant and I must say it looks good.
The first picture shows a Titanium badge on the boot door. What am I missing here?
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 23:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
The first picture shows a Titanium badge on the boot door. What am I missing here?
My bad. It was the Titanium.

Actually now visually there's no difference in Trend+ black edition and Titanium black edition as both have alloys.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 00:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Go for it. I think it looks HOT. The blackened effect truly suits the EcoSport which is a funky design to begin with. If I was buying, I'd also get the roof blackened from 3M.
Maybe white will look better, GTO. Silver has been a bit of a disappointment.

Quote:
From these pictures it indeed looks like a base variant especially from the front (Grille mainly). The shade too isn't complimenting Black bits of the car, regular variant definitely makes much more sense atleast to me. Instead of a black paint job, I would have loved to see some different shades of gray like Davy's gray, Jet or Gunmetal, would have complimented the overall look much more!
Did anyone notice the rear bumper? Why does it feel like it's not even given a paint job.
Agreed! Definitely a little disappointing. The shade of the grill and the mirrors are the same for both variants. From afar, it looks like the base. I do think white will look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Thanks for the pics. That is the Titanium variant and I must say it looks good.

I'm not a fan of chrome and the all black front grill and headlamps blackened is looking hot!.

Might even consider getting the lights for my car if they aren't very expensive.

I kind of disagree. It may look like that in pics, but the no chrome effect works for me. It's like the Skoda Rapid black edition.

The rear bumper is unchanged. It's always been unpainted from the time it was launched in all models including the top end.
The chrome doesn't work for me either, but the shade of black could have definitely been better!!
Old 15th May 2016, 01:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

To the best of my knowledge this is the second black edition in the market. First one being octavia. I think just adding cosmetic changes and hiking price is not going to work. Adding these black things is by not providing the silver/chrome bits, kinda like in olden days when body coloured mirrors were charged and in the base variant they were black. Isn't this the reverse of that? Now they charge you not get them in body colour?

If someone is particular about the black things, he can always get them wrapped at a much smaller rate.

You can use that 40k/18k to sell your stock rims/alloys and then getting a much better set of alloys and tires and still be left with enough money in your wallet.

I think while this variant may look good, the black edition is daylight robbery. 40k/18k is way too much for such insignificant changes that adds no value (apart from cosmetic)

Last edited by govigov : 15th May 2016 at 01:36.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 02:19   #36
BHPian

Ps - it's actually 20k for the top variants. Considering the fact that the roof cross bar is an accessory at 5/6k, 15k is too much premium for the kind of look this generates. Plus the fact that there are no discounts on this.
Old 15th May 2016, 02:53   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From these pictures it indeed looks like a base variant especially from the front (Grille mainly). The shade too isn't complimenting Black bits of the car, regular variant definitely makes much more sense atleast to me.
Black actually suits the car in my opinion. Of course instead of glossy black, the wheels could have been matt finish gun metal or black colour.

If someone can add a Ecosport Storm concept's bumper grill and paint the lower bumper to matt silver it will be cool.
Ford launches EcoSport Black Edition at Rs. 8.58 lakh-fordecosportstormconcept.jpg

But no black edition is complete without black tinted windows
kiku007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 04:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
But no black edition is complete without black tinted windows
So True! Tints adds a lot of character to the vehicle, it gives a car that premium touch. The sun protection and privacy are bonuses! Glad it's still allowed in my city.
Old 15th May 2016, 05:24   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
From these pictures it indeed looks like a base variant especially from the front (Grille mainly).
Exactly what I thought as well! Looking like the base variant and nothing more, specially in the silver colour.

Probably this all black editions would suit butch looking cars like the Fortuner or Safari Storme, but not tiny pseudo SUVs like Ecosport.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 09:42   #40
VMG
BHPian

Is Black edition comes with black interior also?
Old 15th May 2016, 10:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
To the best of my knowledge this is the second black edition in the market. First one being octavia. I think just adding cosmetic changes and hiking price is not going to work.
Manufacturers have played with this black 'magic' many times in the past. The Skoda Rapid black edition, Duster got a grey-ish edition and the Toyota Fortuner got black alloys. I personally don't like a gloss black finish on wheels/grill (on body, i.e. roof, hood, it is fine) and believe that the black alloys spoil the Fortuner's looks also.

Quote:
Adding these black things is by not providing the silver/chrome bits, kinda like in olden days when body coloured mirrors were charged and in the base variant they were black. Isn't this the reverse of that? Now they charge you not get them in body colour?
It is not that the manufacturers leave the black things non-painted. Black is also a shade and is painted on the ORVMs, grill, bezel, etc. (just like any other body colour) and they are not completely plasticky black. Regarding chrome, you are right. The price hike was definitely not justified given the market performance of Eco Sport currently. What Ford could have done was to provide black edition at the same price as regular variants to spice up the sales or maybe a 5k hike for regular variants and 30-35k for Trend. Or maybe I am hoping too high.
Old 15th May 2016, 12:56   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So True! Tints adds a lot of character to the vehicle, it gives a car that premium touch. The sun protection and privacy are bonuses! Glad it's still allowed in my city.
Wasn't it a Supreme Court judgement? So not allowed in the whole country! That the local police are not actually bothering to enforce it is a different matter, and what local police forces focus on can change on a daily basis. Conversation here.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 13:35   #43
BANNED

Dear friends, I am totally confused. I am about to book a Ecosport Titanium next week. What will be the right choice? Regular version or Black Edition?
Old 19th May 2016, 14:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
Dear friends, I am totally confused. I am about to book a Ecosport Titanium next week. What will be the right choice? Regular version or Black Edition?
If you like chrome highlights go for the regular version. Mechanically the vehicles are unchanged. Its only the aesthetics that have been tweaked. As "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" - guess its time for you to take that final call !
Old 19th May 2016, 14:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
Looks are subjective. Pick the one which pleases your eye. Regular version will blend in with the crowd, while the Black edition would be exclusive. For example, a white Swift VDi and a Swift RS (blue + white). The former blends in, the latter stands out.

If you really have a thing for black alloys/grills, only then you should go for Black edition to get the same from the factory. Otherwise a regular version can be customised aftermarket precisely as per your needs, only problem being the quality of workmanship. If you are okay with the regular version and are picking the Black edition just for the sake of going for something new/different, I would suggest against it.

If I was in your place, I would have gone for regular Titanium and got the required stuff done from Ford/3M (provided I will keep the alloys in stock shade).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th May 2016 at 20:31. Reason: Typo corrected. Thanks!
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks