Old 8th February 2018, 11:34   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic likely to return to India

Honda Civic- First Look,

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 12:06   #198
Senior - BHPian

Remember, Honda had skipped the 9th generation Civic in its home country also, and when they re introduced it in late 2017, the current 10th generation Civic (as in the auto expo) is the model that made the comeback.
The positive acceptance in Japan, hopefully should fuel the speed of Indian launch as well.

And these are the interior snaps from Honda Japan;

Honda Civic likely to return to India-civic1.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-civic-2.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-civic-3.jpg

Last edited by sarathlal : 8th February 2018 at 12:24.
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 13:32   #199
BHPian

Honda Civic likely to return to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post

This digital console looks like a whole different ball game
the earlier civic had a cockpit was way ahead of its time,and hopefully fellow bhpians will agree with me when i say its a nicer place to be in than most of the cars in its range
Although the steering wheel is very similar to the city
It seems to have alot of buttons,lets hope that the indian version does not get any dummy buttons due to skimping of features vis a vis variants abroad
Eagerly waiting the indian launch!

Last edited by raghav.carfreak : 8th February 2018 at 13:34.
Old 8th February 2018, 21:15   #200
BHPian

No turbo petrol. No, thank you!
ashwin489 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 15:09   #201
BHPian

Civic launch in India confirmed. Launch in the later part of 2018. The CEO of Honda said,

The Civic will be driven in later this year, and this will be placed over the City sedan.
The car will be sold with 2 engine options – a 1.8 liter, naturally aspirated petrol with 141 PS of peak power and 174 Nm of peak torque, and a 1.6 liter, turbocharged diesel with 120 PS and 300 Nm. The petrol engine will get 6 speed manual and CVT automatic gearboxes while the diesel will only get a 6 speed manual gearbox.
Honestly, I wanted a turbo petrol.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 15:35   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
Honestly, I wanted a Type R. But this is India. That’s how manufacturers treat us. Gotta hand to the germans to bring their high quality, top cars.
The Brutailer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 16:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Honestly, I wanted a Type R. But this is India. That’s how manufacturers treat us. Gotta hand to the germans to bring their high quality, top cars.
Even Germans are now short-changing us. I liked the days when Audi offered a host of engines with every car. From a humble 4 cylinder to a v10. Even their smallest SUV made 200+bhp from its petrol 4 banger. Now it gets a puny 150bhp. Same with Jaguar, with so many variants and so many engines, there was one for everyone.

Last edited by manson : 14th February 2018 at 18:10. Reason: Typo.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 20:06   #204
BHPian

It definitely does look quite good in the flesh, but it might probably all come down to pricing and its value proposition in the Indian market, which has lost its confidence in the Honda brand since the Civic was last sold here, or rather, because there are simply better options out there. With that said however, I'd be very keen to get one since I had a 2010 in my garage and absolutely loved it!
Old 15th February 2018, 00:52   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
They've just been hit with a big recall a couple of days back. 3.5 lakh vehicles (CRV & Civic) with the 1.5L turbo petrol engine has been recalled for issues with cold climate.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...ssue/23359454/

Expect more delay (incase if ever) for this engine to hit our market.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 01:40   #206
BHPian

The Civic looks fantastic in person. I think the new design language makes their cars look much better than what they do today. The new Amaze is a case in point. The 2018 Accord is fantastic.

Turbo petrol.. absolutely yes. I would love to see it in the Civic. I have the Acura ILX with a 4 pot NA that churns out 201 bhp. The engine is pretty dead at low (normal driving) rpm. You really need to push it to get anything out of it but when you do, it's awesome. The problem with Honda petrol engines is that they aren't the most frugal. My brothers 528i returns better fuel economy than my ILX. On highway runs crusing at 120kmph I see about 7.5 to 8 litres per 100 kms and if I drop the speed to below 115kmph then I see it go to around 7.2. The 528i seems to do better even at speeds above 120 kmph. I guess the turbos do help deliver instant power and fairly decent fuel economy.
Old 15th February 2018, 07:03   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
The Civic looks fantastic in person.
Yes, it looks nice, got good road presence, and the design makes it look huge on road – almost like a car one segment above. The exterior design is a bit too busy though, especially the rear end. The interiors are probably the best I have seen in a Honda recently.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 10:20   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The interiors are probably the best I have seen in a Honda recently.
With the set of Honda's currently on offer, probably this looks best in Honda.

But interiors, especially the dash, looks distracting with multiple levels. For me coming from the eighth gen civic this is bit disappointing.

Further the rear had so much usable space in the eighth gen without that floor hump, not any more.

From the pictures I could gather from the reviews and tbhp, i feel the rear is not independent suspension anymore. It had added well to the handling of the eighth gen civic.

Exteriors look again subjective, so many curves and lines, may be that's the trend. But for me, it looks overdone.

Alas, need to skip this generation. Will wait for 11th gen if at all it makes it here and is a good one. But hey, by then it will all be electric motors and humongous torques. Well let us wait it out, and till then money safe in my account
laluks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 14:59   #209
BHPian

I might be one of the few with deviant views here.

I'm really thrilled about the petrol being a naturally aspirated engine. Would have ideally liked the bigger 2 litre engine, but will make do with the 1.8. There is a good probability that this might be the last fuel operated vehicle I buy (I'm speculating that the next one would be electric), so might as well have a naturally aspirated one, rather than one with blowers (loathe those things ).

I understand the update / facelift will predominantly involve the interiors. Hope they don't alter the exterior too much. Really really love the fastback design.

All in all, I am DAM excited about the civic in general. I'm hoping and praying (also saving up for) for the car in its top end petrol (manual) variant to be priced around (or under) 20 lakhs on road (would seriously consider the cvt for around 22)
Jeevith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 09:10   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
I might be one of the few with deviant views here.

I'm really thrilled about the petrol being a naturally aspirated engine. Would have ideally liked the bigger 2 litre engine, but will make do with the 1.8. There is a good probability that this might be the last fuel operated vehicle I buy (I'm speculating that the next one would be electric), so might as well have a naturally aspirated one, rather than one with blowers (loathe those things ).

I understand the update / facelift will predominantly involve the interiors. Hope they don't alter the exterior too much. Really really love the fastback design.

All in all, I am DAM excited about the civic in general. I'm hoping and praying (also saving up for) for the car in its top end petrol (manual) variant to be priced around (or under) 20 lakhs on road (would seriously consider the cvt for around 22)
Can't digest that you don't like turbochargers, not only they extract the best out of the engine, just imagine what tuners can get out of a Jap turbocharged engine. Just a stage 1 remap could turn it into a beast. If only we could get it in India which sadly we won't.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks