Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 19:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

I think Hyundai can afford to discontinue the Eon and plug in the New Santro as a solid competition to the Celerio / Tiago. Hyundai has managed to establish a slightly premium image in India and they are making enough money in the B+ and C segments and I feel they can easily ignore the entry level car like the Eon for now and push the Santro as an aspirational car for first time buyers.
How much better can Hyundai do than the Eon? Not much really and if you look at the competition --Alto and the Kwid, they are so unlike Hyundai's new image.
Bring the new Santro and let go off the Eon!
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 13:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hyundai mulls revival of the Santro brand in India

Rumour: New Hyundai compact car to get AMT, crossover styling

Rumours of a possible Santro replacement have been going around since early 2016. According to some media reports, a new compact car from Hyundai could be launched in the second half of 2018.

YK Koo, MD Hyundai India told reporters that a compact car is indeed under development. Without disclosing too many details, Koo said that the new car will be bigger and wider than the Santro and will slot in between the Eon and the Grand i10. He also indicated that the car will be styled to look like a crossover with a high roof line. This should pit it squarely against cars like the Renault Kwid and Datsun Redi-Go.

Rumours also suggest that the Hyundai's new compact car (codenamed: AH2) will use a heavily revised Grand i10 platform. In addition to a 5-speed manual, the new model will get the Hyundai's latest automated manual transmission (AMT) which is currently being developed. It may be offered with a 1.2-litre, 84 BHP petrol engine, although this has not been confirmed.

Source: Overdrive
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 21:05   #48
BHPian

So a company which was against using AMT has now joined the movement started by Maruti!!!

They are now bringing Kia to the Indian market. I assume Kia will be the basic brand and Hyundai will be the premium one. If that is the desire, then why saddle a Hyundai offering with an AMT?
Old 19th September 2017, 08:27   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Hynudai is likely not to carry the Santro name for its next launch.

Quote:
The company has lined up a slew of launches in the next three years – starting with the second half of 2018, when it is going to launch a family car, which will be positioned between the Eon and the Grand i10. “It was originally supposed to be titled the Santro. But it is likely to be named something else, keeping the current market scenario in mind

Quote:
A compact SUV in 2019, to compete with the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza and Ford Ecosport.

FE
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks