Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 20:56   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddndrive View Post
Unfortunately, due to my chauffer's mistake ,the car is standing in the workshop(non authorized) for last 4 odd months due to the non availability of the parts in the outside market .
Which part is it that you are struggling to get buddy if I can know?!

Isn't Skoda helping you get it even though you haven't taken the car to them? Don't they sell parts over the counter?
Old 19th August 2016, 21:18   #62
BHPian

re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Which part is it that you are struggling to get buddy if I can know?!

Isn't Skoda helping you get it even though you haven't taken the car to them? Don't they sell parts over the counter?
Hi ,the part is "Cluster meter" . I had sent my car to the Skoda workshop initially but they said they would need to change the ECM etc along with the Cluster meter and told me the overall repair cost could come close to Rs. 2 Lac, whereas when I took the car to the outside workshop, I was told the car would be fine if I get the Cluster meter replaced .
Now for some strange reason , none of the workshop guys are able to find this meter.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th August 2016 at 16:36. Reason: Removed the line asking for suggestions related to repair, please use a relevant thread, Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 23:53   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
What a great video Karan, that pretty much sums up the disappointment Skoda India dishes out every time they launch a new car and the usual excuse they have is that kits are not available.
Thanks again coolboy !

Quote:
As Sahil pointed out, it's gods signal to you to avoid the Superb. There is no other car in this segment which i can recommend as well, there is the reliable hybrid Camry but it is for those who are not keen drivers. If this Superb was planned for family use and driven by a driver, do check out the Camry too.

I have vowed not to buy a vag product ever, they are too stingy with warranty policies/claims, you have to contact the MD/President for every single issue and their cars have too many major mechanical failures compared to any other brand selling cars here. Wish the policies in India were like China, they gave an option to VW to give a 10 year warranty on DSG or get out of their country, this is the treatment they deserve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I will agree with Sahil, you are lucky. Don't know your requirements but if you are looking something for rear seat comfort, Camry should also suffice. If you are ok with pre-owned, you can get low mileage 730 for around 35-40 lac in good condition.
Thanks Turbonator, yes may be its a blessing in disguise.

Not really interested in a pre-owned 730, I am currently waiting & evaluating more options before deciding on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
You could be right here but there must be more to it than meets the eye in terms of this NGT issue.

As a matter of fact I spoke to the Skoda guys today and have been informed that the diesel Superbs have already been manufactured and awaiting delivery at the Aurangabad factory. What they are actually waiting for is the ARAI certificate which was expected this month but will not be happening. They have been given another deadline for deliveries as September 2016 but even that is not sure.
Thats a shame, launching a car in Feb and after 6 months not having an ARAI certificate

Quote:
Another concern which crossed my mind was that; Skoda says that cars have already been manufactured and ready for delivery. Now, let's say deliveries hopefully begin in September or October 2016, wouldn't a buyer (like me) who has booked his car in March 2016 lose on resale value of minimum 06 months if the car is delivered / registered in September or October 2016?
^ Interesting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
PS: great video Karan! Keep em coming, really like your passion.
Thanks for your appreciation
Old 30th August 2016, 17:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

So it is finally official and all speculation has been put to rest!!

Skoda will finally started delivering the Diesel Superbs from September 2016 onwards. We are taking delivery of our car on 02nd September 2016!!
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 22:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:

Skoda will finally started delivering the Diesel Superbs from September 2016 onwards. We are taking delivery of our car on 02nd September 2016!!
Best of luck! Looking forward to your review / impressions.
Old 31st August 2016, 00:59   #66
BHPian

Glad I cancelled my booking here.
Looking back at my ownership experience of the earlier superb, it was PATHETIC.
THe car would constantly drink oil (1.8TSI) to the extent of a liter every 2k kms. (This is why I was willing to pay the diesel premium)
4 gearbox failures
ac compressor failures.
Left me stranded 300 km from Mumbai, etc.

Only thing going for it was the legroom.
It was a tough decision to move on and not go for the next gen superb, but now that I'm away I feel it was a blessing that the diesel was delayed.
Skoda India does not support their products, and I think until then it doesnt make sense to buy said products.
Dealerships are the worst. Skill levels of mechanics are really quite low.

Last edited by holysmoke : 31st August 2016 at 01:00.
Old 4th September 2016, 09:37   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Hey Congratulations! Did you pick you ride up? First thoughts, photos? Would love to hear more from you.
Old 4th September 2016, 17:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R170 View Post
Hey Hey Congratulations! Did you pick you ride up? First thoughts, photos? Would love to hear more from you.
Unfortunately due to the Trade Union Strike and now Ganpati, the delivery got delayed and will now be delivered the coming week.
Old 4th September 2016, 18:21   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately due to the Trade Union Strike and now Ganpati, the delivery got delayed and will now be delivered the coming week.
Many, like me, are waiting for your review of the ownership experience. We thank you for being the brave early mover. My main concern is around their AT gearbox. Beyond that I like the Superb and have learnt the tricks and patience needed to deal with their support services. Looking forward.
Old 4th September 2016, 23:59   #70
BHPian

Test drove the superb diesel today for a good 15-20kms. The size is masked rather well and gearbox seems smoother than before. The style plus trim is not available and the l&k diesel is available on a 4-5 week wait with the noida dealer. The interiors are absolutely gorgeous and the ride is just what I expected it to be- superb!

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 19:15   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Dude that sucks. I am expecting my L&K next week as well, or before the 15th of this month is what I am being told at the moment. Lets see.. booked the car in End feb sooo a day here or there matters slightly less now BUT still hurts !

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid typing...like...this... Read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th September 2016 at 12:34. Reason: see note in post. Thanks.
Old 7th September 2016, 17:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R170 View Post
Dude that sucks ... I am expecting my L&K next week as well ... or before the 15th of this month is what I am being told at the moment. Lets see ... booked the car in End feb sooo a day here or there matters slightly less now BUT still hurts : )!
I understand your plight as we are going through the same ordeal. The car apparently went to the RTO for registration yesterday so we expect to get the car by tomorrow (hopefully).
Old 10th September 2016, 11:42   #73
Senior - BHPian

Yayyy!!! So we finally took delivery of our 2016 Skoda Superb TDI CR DSG Laurin & Klement. The colour is 'Business Grey' and looks absolutely top notch.

We waited for this car for around 06 months and even though there were many occasions where we thought of cancelling our booking and going in for one of the 03 big Germans; we just couldn't come to terms with the fact that the Superb offered much more than what an E Class, 5 Series or A6 offered for half the price!! Not to mention the boot space lost by the ridiculous spare tyre. Was it worth the wait? Hell yes!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin-skoda-superb-front-drl.jpg  

Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin-skoda-superb-full-drl.jpg  

Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin-skoda-superb-front.jpg  

Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin-skoda-superb-face.jpg  

Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin-skoda-superb-side.jpg  

Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin-skoda-superb-rear.jpg  

Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin-skoda-superb-interior.jpg  

Epic is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 12:35   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yayyy!!! So we finally took delivery of our 2016 Skoda Superb TDI CR DSG Laurin & Klement.
Mighty congrats Epic!

Just one query - this is the L&K trim. Doesn't it have the Parkpilot (auto park) facility? I can't seem to spot the sensors on the sides of the front and rear bumpers.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 14:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Yayyy!!! So we finally took delivery of our 2016 Skoda Superb TDI CR DSG Laurin & Klement. The colour is 'Business Grey' and looks absolutely top notch.

Congratulations Epic, Hope you have a blast with your new ride. She looks amazing.

When you get a moment can you confirm what your new infotainment system can do. Belive we can throw on Google maps onto there etc. Would be really interested in learning more.

Thanks and congratulations again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks