Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 16:51   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai releases music video composed of sounds from the Elite i20

Hyundai has released a music video titled "Drive Mein Junoon" to celebrate the success of the Elite i20 hatchback in India. What is interesting is that the music for this video, which features Arijit Singh and Clinton Cerejo, is composed from 118 sounds derived from the Elite i20.

The sounds include the sound of the wipers, pulling of the hand brake, turning the indicators on and off, opening and shutting of the doors and windows, the engine revving and the seatbelt warning sound among others. It does not feature any musical instruments.

The "Drive Mein Junoon" music video is available on the YouTube channel of Hyundai India. Hyundai will be initiating an array of contests and activities which will revolve around the song.

Aditya is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 17:22   #2
BHPian

re: Hyundai releases music video composed of sounds from the Elite i20

Something different. But if they could avoid slapping, punching on the car's body panel it would have been much better. See the clip between 2.12 - 2.19 it seems like a mob vandalizing a car :-), at least those who love cars won't feel good about it.

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2016 at 10:06. Reason: Typo
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 22:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Erm, I understand that the Baleno behind their tail is making Hyundai marketing team react. But what is so unique with this and the i20? Wont tapping on the Verna's panels and centre console and alloys create a similar sound? I think they should have used more of the tell tale warning chimes - as that makes it more unique to a car, and makes the i20 owners connect.

If this is the case, then most of us have created music with a Maruti 800 or Ambassador at some point in our lives
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 23:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Erm, I understand that the Baleno behind their tail is making Hyundai marketing team react. But what is so unique with this and the i20? Wont tapping on the Verna's panels and centre console and alloys create a similar sound? I think they should have used more of the tell tale warning chimes - as that makes it more unique to a car, and makes the i20 owners connect.

If this is the case, then most of us have created music with a Maruti 800 or Ambassador at some point in our lives
Oh, come on man! Of course, you could make a thousand different songs all the way from a Maruti 800 to a Ferrari.

The intention of this ad (as I understand it) is just to make a gimmick based on a particular car. If you go all factual and rational on it, you lose the essence of advertising and marketing.
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 03:22   #5
Team-BHP Support

Is it so noisy? May be rattle prone car?

That's the first thing that came to my mind. Hyundai marketing team might have thought this is a brilliant idea, but when I hear the phrase that the sounds of the car produce music, all I can remember are the cars of yesteryears, which used to produce all sorts of unique noises of their own.

Don't get it? Drive an old Jeep or Ambassador around. After a while, you would swear there is music in all the different sort of noises produced.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 08:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
But if they could avoid slapping, punching on the car's body panel it would have been much better. See the clip between 2.12 - 2.19 it seems like a mob vandalizing a car :-), at least those who love cars doesn't feel good about it.
+1

Want to make music with a car? This is the way to do it!

No slapping needed. Just a laptop.
deetjohn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:14   #7
BHPian

Re: Hyundai releases music video composed of sounds from the Elite i20

I guess when the electric car era kicks in, music reproduction will be left to the car audio system.
Old 6th April 2016, 10:47   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The intention of this ad (as I understand it) is just to make a gimmick based on a particular car. If you go all factual and rational on it, you lose the essence of advertising and marketing.
Bingo!

Cut them some slack, guys. I think it's a very cool idea. In this information-overload era that we find ourselves in, how do brands stand out & get attention? It's through initiatives like this.

The video has over 2 million views in just 2 days - in that sense, it has succeeded. For the sake of comparison, the regular i20 ad has 1/3rd the views in a year (link)!!!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 14:24   #9

In the midst of hundreds of car ads, this one’s definitely stands out. We could go over the logic of this ad all day, but in the end, this still remains something different and unique. Even though we’ve heard our share of car music from the 800s and the Ambassadors, we all know that the video is a pretty neat effort. Hyundai already has over 2 million views on the video, which means that it has succeeded. We don’t really get impressed by typical car ads these days. Let’s hope initiatives like these lead to a much-needed change in car advertising.
Old 6th April 2016, 15:10   #10
BHPian

Hyundai is surely reacting to the Baleno but I don't think this reaction is going to make any impact. To begin with the music isn't impressive. Its just not catchy. They needed something that people would have imitated. Sadly that's not the case. Most important of all the i20 just didn't seem like the focus. In fact there is even a line in it where they ask which car is it? That was the nail in the coffin. It could have been any car. If they want to fight of the Baleno then Hyundai needs an AT version as well reintroducing some features they conveniently brushed aside with the new iterations. If not all they will do is make noise not music on the sales growth front.
Old 8th April 2016, 00:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Erm, I understand that the Baleno behind their tail is making Hyundai marketing team react. But what is so unique with this and the i20? Wont tapping on the Verna's panels and centre console and alloys create a similar sound?
With each passing day new cars are getting launched making the life of existing cars challenging and I feel this challenge breeds the cause of innovation. Hyundai trying to connect with the market in this unique way needs to be applauded to. Perhaps, a new concept which doesn't talk about the price, feature or kitna deti hai
Old 8th April 2016, 01:27   #12
BHPian

Somehow it felt like a recycled idea which lacked creativity and new thinking on part of the ad company. May the James May compositions have ruined me!
But Baleno is sure increasing the ad spend of i20!
Old 12th April 2016, 08:12   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The video has over 2 million views in just 2 days - in that sense, it has succeeded. For the sake of comparison, the regular i20 ad has 1/3rd the views in a year (link)!!!
Now crossed 7 million! That's like 10 lakh views per day. Hyundai says this is the fastest video to cross the 7 million milestone among Indian car videos.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks