Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2018, 00:40   #646
BANNED

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Such a sad car.
Cheap and non illuminated power window switches.
No CVT or hell, AMT in Top end variants.
No ESP or a safety pack for >2 Airbags
Interior if you look close is cheap plastic again, it takes a lot of cheap plastic to be able to gauge that from pictures alone.
Love the headlights though
H_Dogg72 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 00:49   #647
Senior - BHPian

Unless one buys the top end variant and i'm sure the company or the dealers will price gouge customers for the initial sell out, the base model cars look tacky and cheap. I am thankful that Maruti didn't impose the Dzire console in this car so they did listen to their customers. I'm still apprehensive about the pricing, though. Meanwhile all other hapless mass market car manufacturers bravely struggling on in this market should pack their bags and head home after the Swift launch. What comes around goes around and we're heading back to the days of HM and PAL(Maruti and Hyundai) in India.

Last edited by nickatnite : 19th January 2018 at 00:54.
nickatnite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 00:50   #648
Team-BHP Support

'Indianization' strikes again!

Nothing wrong with the car, but any hopes that we'd get anything more than a typical Maruti are now consigned to the 'daydreaming' bin.

I guess this also means there's a slim-to-zero chance of seeing an undiluted Sport variant? The market may have matured, our market leader apparently hasn't.

P.S. Awaiting T-BHP drive report to see if the driving experience redeems the underwhelming kit on offer, though the new platform doesn't inspire confidence. The previous-gen left big FTD boots to fill.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th January 2018 at 01:01.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 01:07   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

First drive of the 2018 Swift, by CnB

Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 01:27   #650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
First drive of the 2018 Swift, by CnB...
Aren't the media allowed to actually drive yet or talk about it? There's nothing really radical to reveal in a walk around, and he didn't even bother showing the improved boot.

Poor Mr. Patankar, the man tries hard but can't hide his disappointment.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th January 2018 at 01:30.
Old 19th January 2018, 02:04   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Aren't the media allowed to actually drive yet or talk about it? There's nothing really radical to reveal in a walk around, and he didn't even bother showing the improved boot.

There is some embargo in place which will actually be lifted after some days, after all the media houses and journos have driven it.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 02:12   #652
Senior - BHPian

I've got a 2010 swift and I was hoping to trade that in for a new swift. I was hence waiting impatiently for this launch. I saw the C&B video and realized that this is not a car I like. I don't like the design. It's ruined a classic shape, what were they thinking when they chose the beat door openers for the rear doors ? The car looks old in terms of features and I'm sure with the reduced length, the legroom in the rear is gonna get reduced.

Thanks Suzuki, but no thanks. I'm moving to some other brand.
Old 19th January 2018, 06:49   #653
BHPian

I don't understand why people are overreacting so much. We all know Baleno is Nexa and higher in pecking order. So, the feature list would be smaller than in Baleno. Yes, we can criticize the looks till we are hoarse. But seriously, I feel bad for people who were expecting 7 airbags, ESP etc. Heck, S-Cross doesn't have it. Why would the Swift have it?
Carma2017 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 07:11   #654
Senior - BHPian

Here is first look video by Motown India
Old 19th January 2018, 07:55   #655
Senior - BHPian

I quite liked the boot space. It's an adequate 268 litres and with seats down, liberated 579 litres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_3274.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 08:03   #656
BHPian

Hang on, so if I want the petrol automatic top end, I've to go for the ZXi variant, lose out on LED headlamps, machine finished alloys, touch screen infotainment while paying almost the same price as the ZXi+ which gets all the bells and whistles, and in the end, I don't get a CVT but a 'not so efficient' AMT?

Not good, Maruti. Not good at all!
Porschefire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 08:36   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

The Pick of the lot- Midnight Blue Swift (again)

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-capture.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-0.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-000.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 08:36   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
As per the above attached Brochure; Ground Clearance(mm)* carries a * mark. Which on bottom RHS states *Basis Unladen Condition.

Which means it is not calculated as per new Laden condition. Maruti playing it smart. 5 Pax and luggage filled boot, car will sag further down. Happy scrapping.

Journalist too can make mistakes.
Agreed for all gizmos and what not in new Swift (nice steering and completely new interiors etc.) but, why will I buy it if I have to scratch it on daily basis?
Does anybody have any details on new Dzire where I think the GC is same as 163mm*. That might give a complete picture on real life driving scenario with/without scrapping the bottom. I am sorry but not seeing many new Dzires yet on road.
Old 19th January 2018, 09:23   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I've got a 2010 swift and I was hoping to trade that in for a new swift. I was hence waiting impatiently for this launch. I saw the C&B video and realized that this is not a car I like. I don't like the design. It's ruined a classic shape, what were they thinking when they chose the beat door openers for the rear doors ? The car looks old in terms of features and I'm sure with the reduced length, the legroom in the rear is gonna get reduced.

Thanks Suzuki, but no thanks. I'm moving to some other brand.
I have seen the car in person. The new platform HEARTACT has a tighter engine bay releasing more cabin space. The new Swift's cabin actually offers about 40 mm additional leg room. The headroom and the cabin width has also gone up.

You will certainly not feel cramped in rear in this car compared to the older Swift.

Cheers !

Last edited by i74js : 19th January 2018 at 09:28.
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 09:35   #660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I don't understand why people are overreacting so much.
It's fair expectations that got dashed, it's not like people were/are expecting Mercedes features in an Alto. The international Swift thread has been going for months, with plenty of potential customers salivating at the prospect of getting even a fraction of what's available on the car globally when it's finally launched here.

People keep hoping that the market leader, whose parent company almost literally makes its bread and butter from selling cars here, will someday give their biggest market an undiluted international grade product, but all we get is knock-down, feature-stripped tin-cans which sometimes skip even on basics that are offered internationally (how much does a temperature gauge in the cluster cost, for example?).

We can argue they are benchmarking against what the competition does at a given price, but that's the whole point. The leader is supposed to set the benchmark, not follow it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (21) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks