Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 22:05   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
The car's PUC ends in November. Should I get a fresh one done before travelling? Seems to be the best bet as I would be in Bhubaneswar when it lapses...
That's a good 1.5 months validity - dont waste it please. Renew probably a day or two before it expires. Also, you should be able to get a 1 year validity for BS4 onwards - please check for that.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 23:10   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a good 1.5 months validity - dont waste it please. Renew probably a day or two before it expires. Also, you should be able to get a 1 year validity for BS4 onwards - please check for that.
Thank you. That means a PUC can be done in Bhubaneswar without any issues. I do have a one year validity that expires sometime by November end. I was just contemplating on getting a new PUC done for this specific purpose. I think it is unnecessary, based on your inputs!
Chinmay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 11:38   #603
BHPian

Waseem Bhai - Need a quick help, I have a 2008 Corolla Altis registered in Faridabad, unable to transfer in my name in Gurgaon due to some stupid RTO rule of no transfer of earlier than 2010 vehicles.

Since I live in Bangalore with all address proofs, I am now leaning to bring this car to Bangalore, pay LTT and get registered in my name alongwith a KA plate,

The car is 12 years now, but runs like a new car and we recently refurbished it by changing major parts, This car also has a lot of sentiment value and we have no plans to sell it, unless it is scrapped by force.

Plan is to take NoC from Faridabad in Nov (heard its valid for 3 months), then drive all the way to Bangalore in mid-Dec, with family, hoping no trouble in mid-way travel with NoC issued and then re-register in Bangalore.

Pls suggest if this is doable and how easy or tough it is. Also, I hope there is no such stupid rule of re-registering a 2008 model in Bangalore

Last edited by shantanumishra : 19th September 2020 at 11:39. Reason: Added some More Info
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 15:32   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Plan is to take NoC from Faridabad in Nov (heard its valid for 3 months), then drive all the way to Bangalore in mid-Dec, with family, hoping no trouble in mid-way travel with NoC issued and then re-register in Bangalore.

Pls suggest if this is doable and how easy or tough it is. Also, I hope there is no such stupid rule of re-registering a 2008 model in Bangalore
Mishra Jee,
With the implementation of Vahan/Parivahan online services, you yourselves can login to these portals and punch in your vehicle number and opt for the service which is required to be taken. For applying for NOC, you need not engage and agent. As far as the query of registration of 2008 model car is concerned, I would advise you to just make a visit to any of the RTO in Koramangala, Indira Nagar, Jayanagar or Electronic City and get a clear idea. I would suggest visiting either Jayanagar or E.City RTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonRWaala View Post

Can anyone please help me out and clear my Dilemma? Thank you so much!
WagonRWaala Jee,

No need to do anything. Just bring in your bike and ride normally following all traffic rules, keeping updated insurance policy and PUC (its a must). Since, you will be keeping the vehicle for only a year or so, payment of road tax is not warranted.

Last edited by ajmat : 19th September 2020 at 18:39.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:28   #605
BHPian

I have a Mumbai registered car bought in 2020. Although I work for a MNC at Bangalore due to WFH situation, I plan to visit different cities/states across India to work. Plan is to rent a place for 2-3 months at each city and work from there. I know that I can drive out of state vehicle for 1 year but have few clarifications:

1: What works as a proof of that 1 year deadline? Do I need to inform local RTO?

2: If PUC certificate, toll receipt, etc. are enough, do I need PUC certificate from home state or any out of state certificate and toll receipt for entry to state are enough? I maybe be staying in a state for 2-3 months, but won't be visiting home state after every trip.

3: After offices open, I'll be working from Bangalore but will be visiting Mumbai once every 5-6 months. In that case, do I need to pay LTT at KA. Can I just get PUC from Mumbai every time I visit?
Old 30th October 2020, 17:10   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
I have a Mumbai registered car bought in 2020. Although I work for a MNC at Bangalore due to WFH situation, I plan to visit different cities/states across India to work. Plan is to rent a place for 2-3 months at each city and work from there. I know that I can drive out of state vehicle for 1 year but have few clarifications:

1: What works as a proof of that 1 year deadline? Do I need to inform local RTO?

2: If PUC certificate, toll receipt, etc. are enough, do I need PUC certificate from home state or any out of state certificate and toll receipt for entry to state are enough? I maybe be staying in a state for 2-3 months, but won't be visiting home state after every trip.

3: After offices open, I'll be working from Bangalore but will be visiting Mumbai once every 5-6 months. In that case, do I need to pay LTT at KA. Can I just get PUC from Mumbai every time I visit?
Waiting for experts to respond to point 1 & 2 although Point #3 will not be applicable to me. I do have my own query#3 as below:

If I had to register my MH registered car in Bangalore what would the road tax & registration applicable for a 7 yr old car? Will it be same as a new vehicle or based on depreciated value? Any link where I can get the calculations on road tax applicable in Karnataka.
Old 30th October 2020, 17:51   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If I had to register my MH registered car in Bangalore what would the road tax & registration applicable for a 7 yr old car? Will it be same as a new vehicle or based on depreciated value? Any link where I can get the calculations on road tax applicable in Karnataka.
It'll be based on depreciated value. Found this link. I'm not sure now accurate and updated their database is?
Old 30th October 2020, 21:33   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Waiting for experts to respond to point 1 & 2 although Point #3 will not be applicable to me. I do have my own query#3 as below:

You can try this link as well
toroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 12:14   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
It'll be based on depreciated value. Found this link. I'm not sure now accurate and updated their database is?
Thanks for the link, it gives a fair idea.
Old 4th February 2021, 23:53   #610
BHPian

I need some guidance. I have a 2007 Hyundai Getz with Pune registration. Moved to Hyderabad in 2007 and paid the AP road tax in full in 2008.

Then I had acquired a NOC from Pune in 2014 thinking I would re-register my vehicle in Hyderabad. For some reason did not register the car in Hyderabad in 2014, post getting NOC from Pune.

Today I went to RTO Ranga Reddy in Hyderabad to register the vehicle. While the 2014 issued NOC is still valid and accepted in RTO Hyderabad, the clerk has asked me to pay "Late Fee" of Rs. 500 per month * 50 months, quoting some 'Central Gazette' directive that came into effect late December 2016.

My Pune registration is valid until 2022 which would be 15 years. So, I have a valid permanent Pune registration, AP Life Tax paid and NOC from Pune RTO issued in 2014 which is unused.

But the clerk is insisting that apart from AP Life tax paid, and Pune registration still valid, that I need to pay 'Late Fee' of 50 months * Rs. 500 per month = Rs. 25K; since I did not register the vehicle until now even after having NOC in hand.

Please help with any advise.

Last edited by geotracks : 4th February 2021 at 23:55.
Old 5th February 2021, 08:16   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

I am afraid such rule exists. You are always advised to act swiftly after receiving the NOC. Hopefully you will get more helpful advice from other members.
Old 5th February 2021, 08:18   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Please help with any advise.
That looks right (not the amounts, but the process/situation). Now if you take your vehicle back to Pune to cancel the NOC they'll also charge an amount for each of these intervening months.
Old 31st March 2021, 12:57   #613
BANNED

Planning to buy my next car (Honda jazz Cvt) at Pondicherry, due to the extortionate road taxes at Karnataka.

If am stopped by Bangalore cops frequently , will I be just ok to share them my P.U.C?
My dl is registered with the Bangalore Rto
Normally , traffic cops don't have jurisdiction over registration matters ( Rto does) , but we all know about the vindictive behaviour of these rogues.

I'm a kannadiga , so language ain't an issue while conversing with cops.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:51   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Kumara View Post
Planning to buy my next car (Honda jazz Cvt) at Pondicherry, due to the extortionate road taxes at Karnataka.
A PY registration is immediately noticed anywhere in the South because most of such registrations are for tax evasion. You will have more trouble with it than say, a TN or KL registration.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:52   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Kumara View Post

If am stopped by Bangalore cops frequently , will I be just ok to share them my P.U.C?
My dl is registered with the Bangalore Rto
Normally , traffic cops don't have jurisdiction over registration matters ( Rto does) , but we all know about the vindictive behaviour of these rogues.

I'm a kannadiga , so language ain't an issue while conversing with cops.
If you are resident of KA, and if your car is registered in PY, RTO can fine you and request you to pay tax in Karnataka too.

This has happened one of my friend, who shifts between PY and TN. He had his DL from TN, So RTO checked the DL and requested them to pay tax in TN as he is resident of TN.

[RTO asked him to provide any address proof from PY, voters id, adhar etc, but unfortunately he had all them from TN]

Most Viewed