Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 12:56   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

Please excuse me for not wading through the entire thread - but how does this differentiate itself from TUV?
Old 11th May 2016, 13:02   #182
Senior - BHPian

Saw one today and its hideous. Makes the TUV look like a well proportionate model in comparison to this. Mahindra needs people with taste to work for for them asap.
Old 13th May 2016, 17:47   #183
BHPian

Got a chance to see Nuvosport in flesh and I must say it does not look that bad. I think this look will slowly grow. The seats are nice, the second row seat has good under thigh support which is a good feedback implemented by Mahindra.
Third row is absolutely useless. I will say its not suitable even for kids.
Fo3 10 lakhs on road price I dont think it will find many buyers in the market as the competition is really stiff in this price bracket.
Old 24th May 2016, 10:33   #184
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a very stupid question - I remember reading on TBHP forum itself that Mahindra had a policy of naming their cars which end with the letter 'O' like Scorpio, Quanto, Verito etc. I was just surprised that they have chosen Nuvosport i.e. a name without the letter 'O'. I know it is not a rule that Mahindra needs to do it but just wanted to know the philosophy behind that.

Thanks
Saanil
Old 24th November 2016, 17:57   #185
BHPian

Mahindra Nuvosport

I was very pleased to see the Team-BHP official review of the Tata Hexa, pre-launch. However, the Mahindra Nuvosport was launched many months ago, and still no official review. Why is this? The car is a thoroughly reworked Quanto, with an all new ladder frame, new engines, styling, etc. Surely it deserves a re-appraisal? I mean, the Tata Hexa is based on the Aria in a similar vain, but got a full review, so I think the same should go for the Nuvosport.
Just an aside on the Nuvosport, rumour has it here in South Africa that the Nuvosport will be launched locally in 2017 Q4. Also, the TUV300 should be arriving here in 2017 Q1, and the Tata Tiago in 2017 Q3.
Sir Lancelot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 11:26   #186
Senior - BHPian

Indian Autos Blog site reports that the Mahindra Nuvosport has been discontinued to make way for the Ssangyong Tivoli based Mahindra sub-4m CSUV (code named S201). The Nuvosport was maintaining single digit sales for the past few months and that could have been the reason for discontinuation of the CSUV.

Link:- https://indianautosblog.com/2018/06/...-report-308208

Most Viewed