Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 10:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Cruze facelift prices slashed

Chevrolet launched the Cruze facelift in January this year with prices ranging from Rs. 14.68 - 17.81 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It's been less than a month since its launch, and the prices for this car have already been slashed by a significant amount.

The launch prices (ex-showroom Delhi) for the updated Cruze on January 30, 2016 were:

LT (MT): Rs. 14.68 lakh
LTZ (MT): Rs. 16.75 lakh
LTZ (AT): Rs. 17.81 lakh

The revised prices (ex-showroom Delhi) are now as follows:

LT (MT): Rs. 13.95 lakh (reduced by Rs. 73,000/-)
LTZ (MT): Rs. 15.95 lakh (reduced by Rs. 80,000/-)
LTZ (AT): Rs. 16.95 lakh (reduced by Rs. 86,000/-)

The Cruze facelift sports minor styling updates in the form of new LED DRLs, chrome inserts in the horizontal foglamp housings as well as some added chrome on the front grill. It gets new projector foglamps and a rear lip spoiler.

The interior of the updated Cruze features a new 7" MyLink touchscreen infotainment system which comes with applications such as internet radio (Stitcher), Grace Note and SIRI eyes-free compatibility. It also supports Bluetooth for telephony and audio streaming, voice recognition, touch controls for the climate control and vehicle personalization settings. Additionally, the Cruze receives a reversing camera and a new multi-function steering wheel.

Power still comes from a 2.0L diesel engine producing 164 BHP / 380 Nm of torque. It's available with a 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox.

Chevrolet Cruze facelift prices slashed-1.jpg
Tushar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 11:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze facelift prices slashed

Cruze is definitely a great car for people who like to be at the driver's seat. Cramped rear seat was always a let down for chauffer driven people.

It seems that the product cannot hold its price point given the stiff competition from the SUV players essentially XUV AT and Creta AT which are very capable along with Altis which is being sold in good numbers.

Otherwise also Chevy as a brand has lost its ground in India because of poor product portfolio and after sales service and some of the good selling cars like Beat and Spark are no longer in race to get footfall in the showroom.

I doubt if market will respond to Cruze even now.

Last edited by i74js : 25th February 2016 at 11:54.
Old 25th February 2016, 13:29   #3
BHPian

Cruze sure still is a very competent car, but as mentioned, due to stiff competition, from same segment and the compact SUV segment, I highly doubt it'll attract many buyers.
Also knowing that the new Cruze is already in international market, this could just be a little makeover to shadow the delay in bringing the new model.
Cruze for me is the car with lots and lots of power, it sure id a diesel rocket, but not as much value for money now, when you know, this current model can be replaced with a new model soon.
Old 25th February 2016, 13:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Still the dropped prices won't do any wonders to the sales of this 7 year old car. All of Cruze's original competitors were already replaced by next generation version of the same car or were discontinued few years back.

This is what they need to launch right now, but by the time hit our shores it will already be an old car, the competitors would have moved to next generations or facelift by then, just like the Trailblazer.
Chevrolet Cruze facelift prices slashed-20160127_143421.jpg
I have been spotting the next gen Cruze in China for a long time now, possibly close to a year now.

India is a low priority country for Chevrolet and Chevrolet is a low priority brand for car buyers in India.
.anshuman is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 14:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Trying to clear stocks by peddling the previous generation that too at inflated prices is just sad.

They need to absolutely get the new gen cruze. Else all they'll get in return is buyer apathy.
Old 25th February 2016, 15:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Classic case of too little, too late.

Cruze era is gone and dusted now.
Infact, the same holds true for the Chevy brand in India.

Cruze was the original highway scorcher with drop dead looks and performance.
It started off very strong and was once the chart topper in the D segment.

Now, its a pale shadow of itself.

Selling a dud at a discounted(yet inflated) cost wont help.
Honestly, I think nothing will help other than the fact that Chevy leaves India or puts in efforts to get radically new and high performing products and not dump us with Chinese crap!!
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 21:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think the Cruze must already be getting discounts of about 80-90K, so more than anything else, this is just an official confirmation of a discounted price that people must be getting a dealership level.

Anyway, I love the car even today for the way it looks. Too bad GM lost the game in India.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 22:05   #8
BHPian

I recently drove the facelifted version of Cruze and was impressed by its drivability, quiet road manners and refined ride. The rear seat is cramped and product is outdated now. It was a great driver's car for sure (much like Honda Civic).
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 10:00   #9
BHPian

I feel the aggressive look has been tamed down. I like the old look better. But the price reduction wouldn't bail out the product. The car feels outdated and Chevy has lost its brand image. The automatic variant is cheaper by around 4-5 Lakhs compared to Jetta/ octavia. Still I don't think many would prefer it. But compared to Jetta/ octavia the car seems value for money.
Old 26th February 2016, 12:18   #10
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 26th February 2016 at 14:08.
RaghuVis is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th February 2016, 15:56   #11
BHPian

Doesn't this make the Cruze one of the cheapest D1 Sedan in the market today (LT variant) which is well loaded too? Going by the sales figures, Cruze has been doing some 'decent' numbers in terms of the segment. No doubt Toyota Corolla is ruling the numbers and Skoda Octavia is doing well but all other D1 Sedans are struggling like the Elantra, Jetta & Fluence.

What is Chevrolet's vision for the Indian market? They did showcase the Beat-based sedan during the Auto Expo which was pretty impressive but I hope they are coming up with more relevant products in the market and wish them all the luck. They need to act before it is too late.
Old 26th February 2016, 16:12   #12
BHPian

I love the butch looks of this model. Little disappointed after seeing the design of the next gen Cruze. But the real disappointment arises of the fact that there's no petrol version. Would've been such a great car for a petrolhead like me!
Old 26th February 2016, 21:22   #13
BHPian

I have driven this car for 5 years. Inspite of the mentioned limitations like rear leg room and irritating turbo lag, it is a very competant car. Tank like built, confidence inspiring high speed stability and low maintenance cannot be ignored. Car is not bought for looks only, you need to enjoy your car while driving. Whenever, I am on a highway, I miss it. It is lovely car to own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks