Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 16:17   #16
BHPian

re: Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs

A welcome refresh, and the interior design is miles ahead of the old one.
On the exterior, I personally liked the old double slit radiator grill. One more good change is the honeycomb structure covering the condenser coil, which was missing in the earlier version.
tiger_stripes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 17:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

The rear and the interior look much better. Cant't say the same about the front grill though. This should definitely steal some nos from the Dzire.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2016 at 10:35. Reason: Typo
Old 21st February 2016, 18:38   #18
BHPian

Front grill looks awful.What's wrong with Honda's designs nowadays?

The dashboard is much, much better. The speedo console looks neat compared to the present one as well!

If you look close the photographs, it seems the integrated headrests continue. No individual headrests.

And yes, if the insulation is done better for the diesel engine, the sales would definitely go up.
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 20:03   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

A great update, though a bit late. Now, this has addressed the biggest negative and have taken care of the "budget" feel of the car. This definitely widens the appeal. I guess it's just about time, we'll see the same dash in a Brio too.

At least, unlike Toyota, Honda seems to understand the market much much better.

Now, the seats & NVH levels need to be taken care of and this would be a good product to be considered by the one who are finicky. With a bunch of models sharing the same bin, Honda will not have to worry about the ROI either. I never bothered to check out the Amaze after TDing the Brio; heck, it was never even in my list! The two more much needed changes, I can add it to the contenders list.

Edit::
Personally, I wouldn't worry about a bad grill. Honda always makes sure they also launch some nice grill options as accessory, or I always have options to tweak the grill design using aftermarket wraps. Just takes a bit of time and creativity. Please think what if they had given a good grill and had stuck to the old dashboard design.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st February 2016 at 20:19. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 21:48   #20
BHPian

Very nicely done refresh. The interior look now is somewhat close to the G3 Honda City, and this is a good thing. Any idea if they are going to change the pricing or keep it same as before. Hopefully this should trickle down to the Brio as well. The Brio is such an underrated car and should sell more with this updated interior once it happens.
Old 21st February 2016, 21:56   #21
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The thick chrome moustache and BR-V's dashboard seem to have grabbed everyone's attention so much that no one has mentioned the welcome addition of climate control on the facelifted Amaze! The lower variants also seem to get Bluetooth connectivity now.

I guess the Mobilio and Brio may also get this dashboard soon, in order to try and increase their sales (currently less than 1,000 units a month).
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
I hope they get rid of integrated head-rests at the front and rear too with this update.
The front are part of the 'slim' seat design so I doubt it they will vanish. As for the rear it is an open question, but remember the Brio family is a exercise in compact packaging.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:32   #23
BHPian

Never been a fan of the Amaze's looks. Ugliest Honda possibly with disproportionate cut and pastes everywhere. Guess this grille adds to that mashup. Dash though is a good move, take what people like in the City/Jazz and plonk it in the Amaze and BR-V.

Wonder if Mobilio and Brio facelifts will get this new dash as well. And then how long till people get sick of black and silver slashes all over the dash
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:39   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Do we see any possibility of retrofitting that in existing Amaze?
Not feasible. First, Honda won't be willing to sell it to you. And even if you manage to convince them, parts + labour will cost you 75k - 100k. Then, there's the misery of seeing your dash ripped apart. Trust me, you don't want to go down that road.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:58   #25
BHPian

Honda has done a good job, especially on the Dashboard. The current design in Brio, Amaze and Mobilio was one of the weakest link in these great products. Hope the Brio also gets the updated Dashboard.

As someone mentioned, the aircon vents look from the Jazz/City. I think the center console with the music player looks much better integrated in the Amaze now, compared to even the City. The City's 5 inch screen looks after market and a tad too small for the space actually available.

Overdose of Chrome is becoming a Honda trademark. Definitely a personal choice. For me, it is "so-so".
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:05   #26
BHPian

That dashboard looks atleast two generations ahead of the out-going one. Loved the new front bumpers too, kind of reminded me of the Aventador's
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The front are part of the 'slim' seat design so I doubt it they will vanish. As for the rear it is an open question, but remember the Brio family is a exercise in compact packaging.
Indeed. But, I believe those seats made the amaze's interior quality look cheap and would continue doing so.

The only other cars which have similar seats that i could think of are the Celerio, Alto twins and the Liva which are built to a cost. This is supposed to be a segment higher if not two.

They could have gone for the ones with headrest and scooped out the rear like most manufacturers are doing these days rather than persisting with those half dollar front seats

Last edited by vamsi2390 : 22nd February 2016 at 14:26. Reason: corrected grammar
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

This should have been the dashboard of Amaze since day one. Speaking of exterior, why do these guys have to slap chrome on the face every time they come with a 'facelift', the Brio and Amaze would look nice without it.

See this one for reference, the chrome is not removed as such but its neatly hidden in dark

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/03/h...uning-thailand

Source: indianautosblog + google images
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:59   #29
BHPian

When you start with a Brio you cannot do much later on, however, the newer design is still a better deal than the older one. Older dash just looked hideous.

Having said that, I do not think people who go for the CS segment has beauty as their first priority! This should definitely increase Amaze sales, 4000 minimum each month, wish they did something with that diesel engine noise as well. I have been reading about a engine re-calibration since the older one launched and nothing has been done so far now.

Although there are trade offs, you just cannot beat the space in this car.
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:13   #30
BHPian

Welcome change by Honda, one of the biggest grouse towards the Amaze was its very basic interiors especially the dash, now it definitely looks better than before.

Will they carry over these changes to the Mobilio as well? and the Brio? Then we will have all Honda cars from Brio till BR-V with similar interiors which is not such a bad thing after all.

Regarding the changes to the exterior - am sure the majority will like it and wont find it "on the face".

Good move if they make Airbags and ABS standard across all variants.

Having said that i am not sure how this helps Amaze's cause against the segment King - "Swift Dzire".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks