Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 20:20   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This article says that both engine options will be available. No idea what Maruti is going to do. The secrecy is too much this time. Not many test mules have been seen. A Petrol Automatic is the need of hour. Let's see what comes on 26th.
Today, the RMs had their first day of training. From whatever little info I could gather,

• They received sales training on both 1.5L Petrol and 1.3L Diesel. No 1.6L diesel, or any automatic. Training on the petrol was very limited.
  • Initially, only 1.3L diesel will be launched. Petrol will be launched next fiscal or quarter, after analyzing the response to the Facelift.

All RMs are disappointed by the super conservative approach of MSIL. Probably, even the Baleno RS will be discontinued by next fiscal.
Leoshashi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 20:28   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Today, the RMs had their first day of training. From whatever little info I could gather
As expected!!

Baleno RS is doing better than expected, I heard. I have seen many on roads
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 20:41   #558
BHPian

For me the takeaway is that Maruti doesn't want to lose focus from volumes. With the facelift, they actually had an opportunity to test waters again with the 1.6 and probably a petrol along with an automatic. To draw customers from Creta is not easy and Maruti should have tried a bit more.
Looks more like a decision taken by the bean counters.
Old 5th September 2017, 20:48   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Initially, only 1.3L diesel will be launched. Petrol will be launched next fiscal or quarter, after analyzing the response to the Facelift.

If someone from Maruti is reading this, they must understand that the scenario with respect to petrol has changed. Plus people might pick up a butch looking S-Cross in petrol variant. If only 1.3 diesel is launched, it might even kill the product before they think of launching a petrol!

Maruti, wake up. This is not an automobile industry of early 2000's. Things have changed.

Quote:
. Probably, even the Baleno RS will be discontinued by next fiscal.
Even chances of a Swift RS are there, don't discount the Baleno RS unless Maruti feels that the testing they would've done in Swift is of no use.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 5th September 2017 at 20:57.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 21:32   #560
BHPian

The S Cross thus becomes a premium alternative to the Brezza to be sold through the Nexa channel.

Same engine (albeit with micro hybrid credentials), same small SUV tag, but the S Cross is bigger outside, more spacious inside, better built, and might be safer due to its global underpinnings.

The current S Cross DDiS200 sells at 8.35L - 10.96L ex showroom, while the Brezza is 7.48L to 9.87L. The Creta 1.4L Diesel goes at 9.8L to 12L in comparison.

So the S Cross might prove to be an option for those prospective Brezza buyers who are weary of the waiting periods or see the real value that the S Cross is, even with the predicted 30,000 increase in S Cross prices.
Old 5th September 2017, 22:02   #561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Baleno RS is doing better than expected, I heard. I have seen many on roads
No. It's not. Several reports seem to suggest that Maruti is not happy with the response. I'm wondering what took them so long to figure out it was a pricing disaster more than anything else.

Same with the SCross 1.6. Sad fate to one of the better products to have come out of the Maruti stable.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 00:32   #562

I was waiting for the 1.6 engine. Guess I will have to look in for some other option.
The 1.3 90 hp in Ertiga, is not fun to drive. Hence was looking to upgrade to 1.6 S-cross. You lost one more 1.6 Diesel S-Cross customer.
speed-demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 07:13   #563
BHPian

Even my thoughts deeply echo the rest of the forum here. Extremely disappointed. Isn't there a sure shot way to communicate this with the decisive people in MSIL that there are people willing to shell out a little premium for a niche product?
Old 6th September 2017, 07:28   #564
MCR
BHPian

Looks like MSIL does not want to lose the cheap to own and run tag. They simply do not want to compete against Hyundai and Honda with a powerful engine and better build quality.
The strategy is more for volumes and market share in each segment rather than the aspirational value of a product. The 1.3L DDIS engine is so old and unrefined, but delivers on the FE front, hence no changing that.

look else where if you want a refined, powerful and a better built car!
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 07:29   #565
Senior - BHPian

Customers want MSIL to be 'strictly mainstream' and Maruti has buckled to this demand and deleted the 1.6 Diesel altogether. S-Cross wasn't a looker from day one, it didn't have the Wow factor which Creta had in dollops. That said remains to be seen if the Swift Sport will ever make it to our shores and even if it makes it, will it ever hang around the MSIL product list for a year or two!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 11:05   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Today, the RMs had their first day of training. From whatever little info I could gather,

• They received sales training on both 1.5L Petrol and 1.3L Diesel. No 1.6L diesel, or any automatic. Training on the petrol was very limited.
  • Initially, only 1.3L diesel will be launched. Petrol will be launched next fiscal or quarter, after analyzing the response to the Facelift.

All RMs are disappointed by the super conservative approach of MSIL. Probably, even the Baleno RS will be discontinued by next fiscal.
Wonder why would RMs be trained on 1.5L petrol if it is not getting launched now. There is no way Maruti can gauge response to the upcoming face-lift by launching S-Cross with 1.3L Diesel.

If the pricing remains the same as now, I expect around 2k units per month and no further surge in demand. I would have expected Maruti to be more aggressive and launched 1.5L petrol with automatic.

For once, I can't fathom, product and marketing teams in any auto company not reading discussion on Team BHP to gauge market expectation. For the longest time, majority of the users on this Post have been discussing the need for Petrol and Petrol with Auto transmission. This would clearly be a lost opportunity.

I hope Renault launches Captur with Petrol + Auto and provides some sort of an alternative to Creta.

Extremely disappointed if the news of No petrol and No petrol with Auto in new S-Cross is true

Last edited by damager21 : 6th September 2017 at 11:06.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 11:11   #567
Senior - BHPian

Maruti, please understand this: the enthusiast customers are the best brand ambassadors - not the buffoons of film industry.

If you are able to satisfy the enthusiasts, they will come to buy your cars, and spread the good will more than anyone else. If you make them disappointed, what you lose is more than what you gain.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th September 2017 at 11:50. Reason: Loose > lose.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:14   #568
BHPian

This is indeed very disappointing from Maruti Suzuki

I am booking the Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX after a test drive. With the pricing of SX same as the S-cross alpha and a more powerful (128 bhp vs. 90 bhp power, 260 Nm vs. 200 Nm torque), more silent engine and more city driveability (torque kicking in from 1500 rpm itself vs. 1750 rpm), it is a no brainer.

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 6th September 2017 at 14:17.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 23:05   #569
BHPian

According to NDTV, S-Cross will be launched on 26th September

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift finally has a launch date in India and the updated crossover will go on sale in the country on September 26, 2017. We had told you that the company plans to launch the 2017 S-Cross by Diwali but the car is launching sooner than expected. Official bookings for the 2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross will commence soon but some of the Nexa dealers have already started accepting pre-bookings for the car for a fully refundable token of ₹ 11,000
Messaged my RM today. He mentioned that it is not confirmed yet that only diesel variant will be available at launch. There is a possibility of petrol with auto getting launched too.

He was the same guy who told me last week that Diesel will come with hybrid technology. Hoping to get more details next week.

Last edited by damager21 : 6th September 2017 at 23:10.
Old 6th September 2017, 23:17   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

NDTV CnB speculates the same set of engines to be carried over, and no Petrol, still.

Way too much suspense.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: 1st batch of sales training will be over by 10th September. The RMs will then be able to give us a clearer picture.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th September 2017 at 23:20.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks