Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 10:13   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki will not give up on S Cross that easily.
Correct. This is the best built Maruti car in India till today. They cannot give up just like that. I know few people who have access to plant information. S Cross the only Maruti car they recommend. Hope they give up/compromise something in S Cross to increase profitability.
Old 21st July 2017, 10:34   #362
BHPian

Just hoping for good frugal adequately powered petrol engine with an automatic transmission. I don't have any problem this car selling 2500 units and not being herd like other Maruti cars and Creta. Facelift looks are growing on me, looks very understated which is for my liking.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd July 2017 at 20:10. Reason: Typo
Old 21st July 2017, 21:10   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Correct. This is the best built Maruti car in India till today. They cannot give up just like that. I know few people who have access to plant information. S Cross the only Maruti car they recommend. Hope they give up/compromise something in S Cross to increase profitability.
Would it be possible for you to find out from your plant sources if the 1.6 diesel is going to be carried forward in the facelift?
If there is a chance that it may be discontinued in favour of the 1.5 diesel, I can go ahead with my current-gen S-Cross booking.
Old 21st July 2017, 21:45   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Would it be possible for you to find out from your plant sources if the 1.6 diesel is going to be carried forward in the facelift?
If there is a chance that it may be discontinued in favour of the 1.5 diesel, I can go ahead with my current-gen S-Cross booking.
Nobody can be 100% sure of that. You will have a small window of opportunity when the facelift is announced. Since the 1.6MJD is exclusive to S-Cross there will be stocks that would need clearing before the new one is pushed out. You might as well get a discount on the older variant after the new one's announcement.
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:08   #365
BHPian

From what I hear, the 1.6MJD and 1.0L Boosterjet are both going to be stopped 1-2 years down the line. The 1.6 would be replaced by Suzuki's homegrown 1.5 L diesel. The Boosterjet would die a natural death as the current 1.2L gasoline engine is better to drive and is cheaper. In any case, the Boosterjet variant does not really sell well apparently. Additionally, with BS VI and CAFE norms, diesel does not have a future in India anyway. So, Suzuki is heavily focussing on their Gasoline engine and Hybrids/ EV portfolio. The diesel dream is over and will last for a couple of years Max.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:25   #366
BHPian

The 1.2L gasoline is okay for the Baleno, Swift and Dzire but not for the S-cross. The 1.4L K-series has not got the same reviews in Ciaz as the 1.2 L got.

Boosterjet has got rave reviews in the S-cross (both the 1.0L and the 1.4 L) in the cars abroad. They need a competent petrol engine in the S-cross. My sources in the showroom (seen as unreliable by many in this forum) pointed to both the 1.0 and 1.4 Boosterjet in the S-cross. Carma2017 was spot on in the Dzire. Let's see what he can confirm or not on the current S-cross facelift rumours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
From what I hear, the 1.6MJD and 1.0L Boosterjet are both going to be stopped 1-2 years down the line. The 1.6 would be replaced by Suzuki's homegrown 1.5 L diesel. The Boosterjet would die a natural death as the current 1.2L gasoline engine is better to drive and is cheaper. In any case, the Boosterjet variant does not really sell well apparently. Additionally, with BS VI and CAFE norms, diesel does not have a future in India anyway. So, Suzuki is heavily focussing on their Gasoline engine and Hybrids/ EV portfolio. The diesel dream is over and will last for a couple of years Max.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:05   #367
BHPian

S-Cross not going to get any mechanical upgrade would be my guess. The Boosterjets will not make their way to India in the next 5 years at least after their service in Baleno. Lookout for new gasoline engines with and without ISG in the near future.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:13   #368
BHPian

I am seeing a lot of S-Cross Ads on TV now days. We all know that we are about 3 months away from the launch of facelifted S-Cross.

Wonder why would Maruti spend so much to advertise it on TV considering TV advertising costs a bomb. I am sure by September they will start manufacturing the new S-Cross so its about selling the current model for the next 2 months.

The only reasons I can think of are huge unsold inventories with dealers or potential buyers staying put waiting for the new S-Cross.

Last edited by damager21 : 22nd July 2017 at 20:15.
Old 22nd July 2017, 21:31   #369
BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross not going to get any mechanical upgrade would be my guess. The Boosterjets will not make their way to India in the next 5 years at least after their service in Baleno. Lookout for new gasoline engines with and without ISG in the near future.
You guys are killing my mood. I want a 1.4 litre Boosterjet equipped S-Cross with a torque converter automatic transmission in the Alpha trim at an on-road price of around ₹12 lac. Is that really too much to ask?
Old 22nd July 2017, 21:48   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross not going to get any mechanical upgrade would be my guess.
The face-lift S Cross will have diesel, petrol and AT variants.
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:17   #371
BHPian

That's what I have heard as well. That the petrol engine is a boosterjet and that there will be 1.0 Boosterjet and 1.4 Boosterjet options. But that is from a showroom owner
But Carma2017 has been right earlier consistently
Quote:
Carma2017 has been consistently right on Dzire and other cars. Hence, he should be able to find out in the coming weeks
Quote:

Which TV channel is this? Not sure they would spend so much for a model when a facelift is round the corner. Does not make sense other than brand building to invest in advertising for a model that is going to be end of life from a design perspective
Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Wonder why would Maruti spend so much to advertise it on TV considering TV advertising costs a bomb. I am sure by September they will start manufacturing the new S-Cross so its about selling the current model for the next 2 months.
The only reasons I can think of are huge unsold inventories with dealers or potential buyers staying put waiting for the new S-Cross.
To be frank, this is daydreaming. The Baleno Boosterjet RS 1.0 L itself is 10.3 lakhs INR on road in BLR!
http://nexabangalore.com/baleno-rs
Going by the pricing of Baleno, the 1.0 Boosterjet is priced similar to the top end 1.3 diesel. The S-cross 1.3 diesel alpha itself is at 13.67 lakhs INR on road in BLR. The S-cross 1.0 boosterjet would be around 13 lakhs and the 1.4 boosterjet would be the price of the 1.6 alpha which is around 15 lakhs INR in Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
You guys are killing my mood. I want a 1.4 litre Boosterjet equipped S-Cross with a torque converter automatic transmission in the Alpha trim at an on-road price of around ₹12 lac. Is that really too much to ask?
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:29   #372
Senior - BHPian

My requests are simple... An AWD along with the 1.6 MJD would be just sweet. No need of the sun roof and dual zone ACC and the sixteen inches will be ideal.

I know it's hard but a very good potential to match against the duster 4x4. Even if they make it on demand it still should be fine.
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:40   #373
BHPian

AWD would be sweet, but I doubt that that's going to be on offer, given that it hasn't been mentioned even in passing in the rumour mill so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
To be frank, this is daydreaming. The Baleno Boosterjet RS 1.0 L itself is 10.3 lakhs INR on road in BLR!
http://nexabangalore.com/baleno-rs
Going by the pricing of Baleno, the 1.0 Boosterjet is priced similar to the top end 1.3 diesel. The S-cross 1.3 diesel alpha itself is at 13.67 lakhs INR on road in BLR. The S-cross 1.0 boosterjet would be around 13 lakhs and the 1.4 boosterjet would be the price of the 1.6 alpha which is around 15 lakhs INR in Bangalore
The DDiS 200 Alpha was priced at ₹12.25 lac on-road in Siliguri before the GST price reduction, so that's about ₹1.5 lac cheaper than in Bengaluru (even more if you're quoting post-discount prices), but even so, I'm willing to pay up to ₹14 lac if it's a really compelling engine, transmission and trim combination. That ought to cover it, right?
Old 23rd July 2017, 01:42   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross not going to get any mechanical upgrade would be my guess.
Quote:
I am note sure about the Boosterjets. But looking at the number of test mules spotted. I concur with with Carma here. I don't see any mechanical changes this year's India facelift and likely to be cosmetic changes from European facelift.

I remember Baleno RS was spotted for months, allover the place ahead of its launch. That doesn't seem to happen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
An AWD along with the 1.6 MJD would be just sweet.
The S-Cross itself is a slow seller (in Suzuki's perspective) and the 1.6 simply didn't garner the volumes they'd have expected out of it. Dealers don't stock them and whoever's got them recently have all been made to order. In such scenarios expecting the 1.6 diesel Allgrip variant sounds like a daydream.

If you want the 1.6? get it in its current avatar There was already a thread on the Ciaz 1.5 being tested, its only logical that it'll trickle down to the S-Cross to recover the engine development costs.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 04:42   #375
BHPian

I visited my service station today and met with the GM of their Mechanical Department. He has worked with Maruti for over 22 years now and is a gem of a guy with a lot of knowledge of all things Maruti. He always has information of all departments be it technical, body shop, MGA and even about sales channels. He is my go to guy for everything I need to know or get done with my S-Cross.

I had some chit chat with him about the facelift S-Cross. He told me that the car would be available around October festive season. On asking about the variants or engine combinations, he told me that the current 1.3 diesel engine will most probably be there. Sales officials have been against import of 1.6 MJD since the January 2016 price correction so it is very unlikely that this 1.6 MJD will be continued. The Delta & Zeta 1.6 S-Cross models were discontinued, import of the engine was controlled as S-Cross was proving to be a non profitable offering as per Maruti sales standards. There is speculation of a Petrol engine being introduced and the same engine will be used across S-Cross & Brezza but there is a problem with that. The current prices of Brezza & S-Cross 1.3 don't leave much room for petrol models. Since the S-Cross is projected as a Premium Crossover and not an SUV, it is almost certain that there won't be any AWD models introduced in India.
sunejarahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks