Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 20:22   #16
BHPian

re: Tata wants your help in renaming the Zica! (Edit: Now renamed Tiago)

Will personally love the name "Tata Kite". Makes for a short and sweet name for a hatchback. Suggested "TATA Flyte" as "Kite" is already known to them
Old 5th February 2016, 20:49   #17
BHPian

Why the name changing exercise if you are confident about your product, Tata? The Zest means full of life, enthusiasm and energy. Did we see that in the register?

Would suggest a quick short Swieca, meaning a candle or light in Polish (Link) though.
Old 5th February 2016, 21:15   #18
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is a perfect example of turning an unpleasant (slightly embarassing) situation into a huge (marketing) opportunity! The person / team behind this sharp idea deserve a pay raise!

I've already participated in the contest (through SMS) and got an acknowledgement.

Since Tata are somehow reluctant to use their internal codename Kite as the replacement for Zica (maybe some other manufacturer has already registered the name), I came up with a four-letter name (in keeping with Tata's new preference for the same) that looks a bit like Kite, but pronounced with a Spanish / Latin American accent.

Tata Qito - It's #Fantástico!!!

(I'd pronounce Qito as key-toe, or in the same manner as the capital city of Ecuador - Quito)

Last edited by RSR : 5th February 2016 at 21:30.
Old 5th February 2016, 21:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Thanks for this thread, I've suggested they name it, Slym.
Wow ! That would be a smart move. And Tata being the company they are, might actually consider this suggestion seriously. But I'd rather see that name for their flagship model than an entry level car. If I had the power to decide, I'd reserve this name for a later period (say 2020) where I will have a nice luxurious flagship model that sits above the Hexa.
DieselAddikt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 22:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Wow !.... But I'd rather see that name for their flagship model than an entry level car...
I knew that thought would arise.

However, I find the time apt. Why :
1) It could be in memory of the genius who founded this Horizonext.

2) Their new MD hasn't taken charge yet.

3) Entry level car : Karl connected with Everyone, across all classes/positions.
(There are well known incidents during his dealership visits. From not just my interaction, even from someone at exec level working at their truck factory, same feedback. I'd even met his then driver outside Bombay House, same feedback.)

4) It'll matter & give the feels IF done Now, the change seen in the Auto Expo IS "HorizoNext" in the happening. Next flagship in 2020 will be too late (people will lose connect).

Anyway, they should feel it's apt. Do vote for me if there's a voting round

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 5th February 2016 at 22:50.
GrammarNazi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 22:50   #21
BHPian

I fail to understand the rationale behind finding new product names by TML. Why are they shying away from the Indica & Indigo heritage? Together both have sold in excess of 1.5 million copies which is by no means an easy feat. The Indica in 1998 came in with unmatched space & features at a affordable price and rightly used the tag line "More car per car". The Zica too promises features and space of higher segment cars at an affordable price. Moreover its built on a heavily reworked Indica platform. So I suggest they rename it "All New Indica" or "GenX Indica" with the tag line "Even more car per car".

International Companies like Toyota and Honda still retain the Corolla & Civic names even after 40+ years and have successfully gained worldwide recognition for selling record numbers of these models. Why do our home grown companies scout for new names with every new design? Tata owned JLR is also rejuvenating its model heritage and bringing out newer products under the same name.
Old 5th February 2016, 23:22   #22
BHPian

I would suggest the name: CaZee

This word is….

1. A play of the earlier name “Zica”

2. A play of the word Kamikaze (Japanese word for “divine wind”)

Regards.
Old 5th February 2016, 23:43   #23
BHPian

I have suggested Tata Knight. I could think of no other word, Zica itself was very good for a small compact vehicle. I felt that Zica was very similar to Indica, when spelt together with Tata. Knight goes well with the other name of Zica, i.e. Kite. Zica has a good potential, will sort of come like a Knight in shining armor in our market!

Apologies if the name isn't that good.

EDIT - Did anyone participating via Whatsapp get any acknowledgement message?

Last edited by swift_guy : 5th February 2016 at 23:49.
Old 5th February 2016, 23:52   #24
BHPian

I think it makes sense to change name. Why would one want his product to be associated with a virus! That too, a horrible one.
That'll make bad jokes, more importantly tarnish the brand name, especially in the long run. As they say, the daughter hasn't been seen off from dad's house, it's better to change it.
Old 6th February 2016, 00:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am suggesting Tata Rani or Tata Devi. Be Indian, Make Indian and also Name Indian.

I think its a nice move to get people involved. But fact still remains its a Tata. Naming is one thing, buying and owning is an entirely different experience.
Old 6th February 2016, 00:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a part of generating interest and also advertising that the name is going to be changed.

How about Zaika
Old 6th February 2016, 03:12   #27
BHPian

Let me too...
TATA FRESCO - 'FRESCO' means FRESH in Spanish
TATA MOZO - 'MOZO' means YOUNG in Spanish
Old 6th February 2016, 05:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

They can also choose to look at the names they had used previously for their concepts. For example, Tata Pixel.

If the name is not registered to FCA in India, the name Dart could be a decent alternative to the Zippy Car.

Regardless, I agree that this is a good idea to keep the people engaged with the brand as they try to iron out the rebranding.
Old 6th February 2016, 05:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

I know they somehow do not want to use the codename but Kite perhaps reflects the car the best as any name that I can think of. Soaring in the sky, the sheer mechanical simplicity, the honesty I can't think of any other name.
Old 6th February 2016, 08:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Good handling of the situation.

It should be Kite 4 with the compact sedan being Kite 5. Its a smart, catchy and compact name of an object which is flying high. Will suit both cars very well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks