Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 19:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I do like this car, but willing to accompany you just to drive and get driven again in this ...we don't have full blown official TD on X1. Can we expect this from the mods anytime soon?
Thank you so much. We could also gang up and demand some freebies like rear camera, navigation and few others from their 'accessory' list

TD cars have not reached all dealers yet, hopefully Mods are waiting for its availability.
Old 27th May 2016, 07:54   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW X1 Crash Tests, IIHS Gives It Top Safety Pick+ Rating

Quote:
the X1 was subjected to numerous crash test scenarios, the toughest one of all being the small overlap test. Only about a four of the front end strikes the crash barrier, meaning the forces are much higher, increasing the chance of an injury happening. The BMW crossover scored a 'Good' rating, as the passenger cell held up with only a 4-inch intrusion next to the door.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/we...g-107883.html#

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th May 2016 at 07:57.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:16   #93
Team-BHP Support

I drove one a couple of days back, somehow I am not entirely convinced apart from looks/ equipment and seating rest everything feels short of the premium brand. This car makes too much noise - engine sounds too much , I remember the one on my 3 series many years back sounded much smoother and apparently these are newer designs and should be quieter so if this has to do something with localisation / insulation or just my different experience with 6 cylinders only official review can confirm. Similarly, Gear shifts are too long - haven't seen such shifts previously in any BMW. Someone who is keen to move into this segment purely to have a BMW Experience should look elsewhere - best bet will be to go for 3 series Petrol German CBU which they are giving at local rates, the ones looking for SUV'ish stance should see Endeavour or wait for new Fortuner.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:24   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Similarly, Gear shifts are too long - haven't seen such shifts previously in any BMW.
This is because it doesn't get the usual 8 speed ZF box (instead it has one made by Aisin) unlike the 3 or other models.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:28   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Someone who is keen to move into this segment purely to have a BMW Experience should look elsewhere - best bet will be to go for 3 series Petrol German CBU which they are giving at local rates, the ones looking for SUV'ish stance should see Endeavour or wait for new Fortuner.
New Benz GLC is expected to be launched on 2nd June, which is within a week ! We are yet to get the pricing out, although its reported to be aimed at the X3, Q5 segment. If they price it right, it can span across X1 to X3 (Q3-Q5) without any doubt. Specs and equipment levels are insanely ahead based on the reviews so far !
Old 27th May 2016, 11:38   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This car makes too much noise - engine sounds too much , I remember the one on my 3 series many years back sounded much smoother and apparently these are newer designs and should be quieter
This is find very surprising. Compared to the 6 cylinders it is loud, but even compared to the 3 series I found it very refined. Maybe something to do with the TD car?
Old 27th May 2016, 12:15   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
This is find very surprising. Compared to the 6 cylinders it is loud, but even compared to the 3 series I found it very refined. Maybe something to do with the TD car?
Even the Bangalore TD vehicle had very high amount of noise inside the cabin. Also the rear seat has very little thigh support. Overall a very mixed feeling after the test drive. This was the xline version. I have put my msport booking on hold for now. I am also waiting for the GLC and hopefully the petrol is priced under 50 lacs ex showroom Bangalore.

Cheers!
Old 27th May 2016, 12:52   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
even compared to the 3 series I found it very refined. Maybe something to do with the TD car?
Perhaps I have not driven current 3 Series , I remember one I owned - that was from initial Lot they sold or I was young and BMW was such an aspirational brand at that time

But even the tyres make much more noise , this can be due to insulation as well, regular 5 & 7 have much thicker glasses in Diesel, don't know if they have saved on that or somewhere else, perhaps will check in details when I get an opportunity later.

Quote:
even compared to the 3 series I found it very refined. Maybe something to do with the TD car?
Yes, but they should not compromise on user experience , I won't know the exact percentage but lot of people actually stay with the same brand if they have a positive experience , I clearly remember the fun I used to get in my 3 and till date I am a loyal customer of BMW.
Quote:
I have put my msport booking on hold for now. I am also waiting for the GLC and hopefully the petrol is priced under 50 lacs ex showroom Bangalore.
Have you seen the Petrol 3 ? If I was to buy something in this segment, I would have definitely bought a German CBU over something carrying a Force Motor assembled engine - I know they will do exactly same but somehow I will feel better buying a CBU.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th May 2016 at 12:55.
Old 27th May 2016, 13:35   #99
BHPian

Quote:

Have you seen the Petrol 3 ? If I was to buy something in this segment, I would have definitely bought a German CBU over something carrying a Force Motor assembled engine - I know they will do exactly same but somehow I will feel better buying a CBU.
3 doesnt cut it in terms of rear space and have to manage the requirements of the family along with driving pleasure. But completely agree on the CBU part. The GLC 300 4matic is a CBU and hopefully fun to drive.
Old 27th May 2016, 15:38   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I drove one a couple of days back, somehow I am not entirely convinced This car makes too much noise - engine sounds too much , I remember the one on my 3 series many years back sounded much smoother and apparently these are newer designs and should be quieter so if this has to do something with localisation / insulation or just my different experience with 6 cylinders only official review can confirm. .

I am surprised. Of course the sound will be more than the 6 cylinder you had, but I found the noise to be not so excessive. I had driven the Evogue as well a few weeks back and I found that more compared to X1. Hope we get an official review to shed more light on this.
Old 28th May 2016, 13:55   #101
BHPian

Is there some confusion on the pricing of this car. BMW webpage says Rs 29 Lacs to 40 Lacs ex-showroom, but media cites Rs 22 Lacs and calls it the most affordable luxury car.
Old 28th May 2016, 19:06   #102
BHPian

I did a detailed test drive and this time did it on the nice expressway to test its prowess on highways. The car is surprisingly sprightly and fast and handles well inspite of it not being a traditional rear wheel drive BMW. The engine noise is ok, but in certain rough road patches the tyre noise is bad. The SA mentioned it was due to the stretch and the fact that it is Run flat tyres. He also advised against changing these to tubeless tyres. Apart from the tyre noise in certain stretches of rough roads, noise levels were decently insulated. I can't compare it with 5 or 3 series since I haven't driven them, but engine noise seemed comparable to X3. Tyre noise is something that I am feeling a little discomfort with though. Now I am confused. Should I go with X1 or stretch to the X3? The dealer is willing to offer good discounts on the X3. Just that X3 has many features not available compared to X1 M sport. Any tips/advise guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Is there some confusion on the pricing of this car. BMW webpage says Rs 29 Lacs to 40 Lacs ex-showroom, but media cites Rs 22 Lacs and calls it the most affordable luxury car.

Don't know of this, but in Bangalore the entry price is 30.4 L ex showroom and 41.7L for the Msport. The corresponding on road prices are 38.5 and 52.5L respectively.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th May 2016 at 23:25. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
Old 30th May 2016, 23:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Don't know of this, but in Bangalore the entry price is 30.4 L ex showroom and 41.7L for the Msport. The corresponding on road prices are 38.5 and 52.5L respectively.
Model/Ex -Showroom Insurance/ RTO On Road Price
sDrive 20d Expedition / 29,90,000/ 35,65,240
sDrive 20d xLine / 34,99,000/ 41,62,003
xDrive 20d xLine(AWD)/ 36,99,000/ 43,96,487
xDrive 20d M sport / 40,99,000/ 48,65,455

These are the prices I am quotes in Madhya Pradesh
I really wished they had a AWD with the Expedition priced at about 34Lacs Ex showroom, that would have been perfect; unfortunately they dont.

Though I like the extra cosmetics on the xLine, I really can't justify that for extra 6 Lacs. Though I would have no minded paying the extra 5 Lacs for the AWD.

I hope you find this helpful, would be booking mine soon in Alpine white, fingers crossed.
Thanks a lot.
Old 2nd June 2016, 08:47   #104
BHPian

For someone who is looking to purchase his first German car (X1), what will be the annual maintenance cost after the warranty period. Since I am looking to upgrade from a Linea, I understand that maintaining a BMW isn't going to be cheap. But I would still like to get a heads up of the ownership cost post warranty to see if I am eligible to purchase one.
Old 2nd June 2016, 08:57   #105
BHPian

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
For someone who is looking to purchase his first German car (X1), what will be the annual maintenance cost after the warranty period. Since I am looking to upgrade from a Linea, I understand that maintaining a BMW isn't going to be cheap. But I would still like to get a heads up of the ownership cost post warranty to see if I am eligible to purchase one.

You can extend warranty upto the 6th year of ownership. And if your running is high, id suggest picking up the prepaid service (bsi) packs. Complete peace of mind!

Post warranty is difficult to predict... But, on an average, id say, put aside a lac a year for it (excluding mandatory expenses like insurance etc).

Last edited by kkkkkaran : 2nd June 2016 at 08:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks