Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2016, 11:40   #781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just in - Tata Motors to launch the Hexa in the second week of January, 2017. (Source)
That is very delayed! From the time that they showed it in Auto Expo its already been nine months now and another 3 more months to go. Guess Tata doesn't want to take any chances with respect to quality at launch and wants to keep launch prices lower by better localization. But all said the delay in the launch may push more people towards the Innova Crysta which is already a great success and maybe embolden Toyota to up the prices immediately. Somehow too much anticipation is also bad and if people's expectations are set too high from a product, they do end up disappointed! Lets hope Tata proves us wrong in this case. But having been a Tata motors employee in 1998-1999, my instinct tells me otherwise.
Waiting eagerly still for the Hexa and I hope that the TBHP team also gets a chance to review the Hexa as soon as it is opened for media reviews so we can take a decision to buy or not!

Last edited by Behemoth : 9th October 2016 at 11:45.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 11:46   #782
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

While on a TD of the Tiago about 2 weeks ago, the sales executive told me that Tata is planning to launch the Hexa by late Oct or early November in Tier 1 cities. Tier 2 cities in December and Tier 3 cities will be after that. So he expected Hexa only post January in my little town. He also said the Nexon, Kite 5 are all expected only in 2017. With the Tiago's success, he said, they are busy ramping production to meet the Tiago demand.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2016 at 09:36. Reason: Typo Fixed
Old 9th October 2016, 13:04   #783
Senior - BHPian

I think the Jan launch is a good move. They obviously don't want to build 2016 model year inventory just in case initial off take is not as good as expected/planned. Because the typical buyer would expect Tata to deep discount these cars come Jan and that's not the way you want to start your foray in this segment.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 16:04   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

Hexa in black, shooting for the official ad:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14589797_201765380253685_6800902596902086112_o.jpg

Sourced from Facebook.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 16:42   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Am not sure Zigwheels is just pulling a fast one to gain some footfalls in their website. The dealer training starts typically 2-4 weeks before the launch and as we know, it's already underway. And TATA has committed 2 new launches every year for the next 2-3 years and we had only one launch so far. This delay is, definitely not something they want to do now!

As to building 2016 models, almost every manufacturer in India has been launching products in Oct month of the year and customers don't have problem taking delivery; what's so skeptical about TATA making the same move?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th October 2016 at 16:43.
swiftnfurious is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 20:52   #786
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI reports that Tata Motors will launch the manual variants of the Hexa before the automatic variants.

Quote:
A 2.2-litre Varicor 400 turbo-diesel engine, with a power rating of 156hp and a massive torque rating of 400Nm will drive the Hexa. The engine will initially come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and an automatic transmission will be offered as an option later.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 23:08   #787
BHPian

found this Silver-TataHEXA shared on FB..

Looks Butch!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-1234.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 23:49   #788
BHPian

Kite has been pushed to 2017 to make space for Hexa. If TM decides to push Hexa towards Jan'17, Kite will get eventually pushed further. Also to add, since the cars have already started to reach the dealer yards, not sure how wise a decision it is to postpone the launch.

In the context of year of manufacturing, i purchased my car on 15th of Jan & for sure it would not be manufactured during that calendar year. The RC book does state the year as the calendar year & not the year the car was rolled out of the factory.

As a buyer, do you always decode the VIN & tag a presumptive price to the vehicle if the registration is at a later date than the manufacturing ones?? I am not considering the stock clearance categories here.
Old 10th October 2016, 00:33   #789
BHPian

This is getting very confusing now. I made my second follow up visit to Tata dealer regarding Hexa and I was informed it will be launched around Diwali.

Moreover unlike last time this time all my contact information was taken down along with my current car details since I told them I am looking for exchange. Additionally they asked for preferences such as Transmission / Color / 4x4.

So interesting to read about Jan launch

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2016 at 09:37. Reason: Typo Fixed; Removed dotted usage
Old 10th October 2016, 01:16   #790
BHPian

Naah, January launch just can't true.

It won't make sense to have media drives scheduled, advertisements filmed, so many 'spy' pics from within the company also leaked/shared and then launch it 3 months later.

Just can't be true, seems like part of plan to create more buzz before the launch, anticipation generates interest.

Cheers
SD
Old 10th October 2016, 06:40   #791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Just can't be true, seems like part of plan to create more buzz before the launch, anticipation generates interest.
+1 ..
Apart from all that, trainings are already in progress. Only difference - the training sessions are now in the major cities.

We can also expect some "buzz" about the pricing before the actual one is announced. They have done that with the Nano ( 2 days before launch, there was a rumor of higher pricing than what it was).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 09:32   #792
srh
BHPian

Heard it from the horse's mouth - Mayank Pareek - on CNBC TV18. Hexa launch will be in Jan-17. Nexon will take much more time.
srh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 11:37   #793
BHPian

IIRC Tiago dealer dispatches happened two months prior to launch, it was the name (Zica) that time, could be some other issue this time. I feel they are moving with utmost care, well within their capacity, not taking any chances.

Whatever be the reason, one thing is coming out for sure, they are not in any kind of hurry and have long term makeover plans.
Old 10th October 2016, 12:47   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Heard it from the horse's mouth - Mayank Pareek - on CNBC TV18. Hexa launch will be in Jan-17. Nexon will take much more time.
Was looking for authencity of this post, searched and landed with interview and here is the verbatim:

Quote:
Anuj: The UV segment has done well in India and we have seen a lot of new launches. From Tata Motors table do we see any launches in the compact SUV for example which has been the fastest growing space, do you have some launches here?

A: You will have to wait for some more time; I think we have some more time before we launch a compact SUV but good news is we will be launching another UV very shortly called the Hexa. I think in the month of January we will be introducing our new flagship car called Hexa which is a sensational car and we previewed it at Auto Motor Show. Earlier we had shown at Geneva Motor Show also and the response was extremely encouraging. However, compact UV will take some time.
Very sad to read this update, Wait continues

Source : MoneyControl
Black_Beast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 13:30   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
+1 ..
trainings are already in progress. Only difference - the training sessions are now in the major cities.

They have done that with the Nano ( 2 days before launch, there was a rumor of higher pricing than what it was).
Yes and with training completed 3 months prior to launch, it is way too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Was looking for authencity of this post, searched and landed with interview and here is the verbatim:
If this is the way it is it can be possible only due to the below:

1. It is just to create buzz (I really wish for this)

2. They have identified some things during testing which cannot be rectified immediately and need some time for the same. However, since the media drives are already planned, cancelling at the last minute will have huge negative impact.

These are my views and I hope I am wrong.

Cheers,
SD
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks