Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 17:41   #631
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Waiting for the hexa 4x4, else am most probably going to opt for the storme. It's wishful thinking to get a fully loaded TOD AWD for 13L. Is this the AWD unit in the aria currently?

Last edited by CharlesA : 24th September 2016 at 17:42.
CharlesA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 21:36   #632
BHPian

anyone seen this video??

This is from the last Auto Expo.

This one is nice

m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 22:53   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors is indeed testing the waters for a pricing range before the Hexa's launch.

Now, a report from OnCars says that Tata will command a sizeable premium price for the Hexa.

Prices might start from Rs 15 lakhs OTR, with the top-end variants at an asking price of Rs 19 lakhs+ OTR!

The report also says that Tata might not discontinue the Aria, and it will stay at a price range below the Hexa.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 02:04   #634
Senior - BHPian

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

The people who buy the Aria after the launch of Hexa should be given loyalty and bravery award as the sales analysis thread shows almost nil sales.

So we will have a breed of brave buyers who buy Mobilio after the launch of B-RV, Aria after Hexa, Nuvosport after TUV/Scorpio, etc.

I want to know the resale value of such cars after say six months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The report also says that Tata might not discontinue the Aria, and it will stay at a price range below the Hexa.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 03:05   #635
BHPian

In all honesty, every man who buys a Tata car/SUV needs to be given a bravery award, not just the guys who buy Aria after the Hexa launch. My dad bought the 1st gen Indica, then my friend bought the one that came 5-6 years after that. The tears and the struggle was pretty much the same between these generations

Read someone say, there are 3 kinds of customers. Apparently I am the one that won't buy any car/SUV that has Tata written on it. But i have much appreciation for all the brave hearts who plonk their hard earned money in Tata cars. I only make so much money in a year. Can't spend 5 years looking back at the day I went for the deal. If I had loads of money, I may enroll myself as a Guinea Pig for Tata motors. And then again, I am not brave enough either and somewhere I follow what they say about ' Learn from others mistakes and much as you learn from yours'.

Nothing against the brave hearts that want to give Tata a chance, again and again. Only to come back home hoping maybe next time they will do wonders. May Hexa be a good one for Tata and for the guys that are supporting them. Sometimes I wonder if people are paid to buy a Tata car or if they are plainly out for adventure with life.
iFuel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 05:49   #636
Senior - BHPian

@ifuel. Definitely some of us are willing to invest our money in Tata. I had an Indica for 6 years and no problems with it. Same is with people who buy Skoda, some have good experience and some bad. We have many who have had problems with Mercedes, VW, Hyundai.. So I guess we should stick to discussion about the car rather than ranting.
Palio_2005 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 06:29   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors is indeed testing the waters for a pricing range before the Hexa's launch.

Now, a report from OnCars says that Tata will command a sizeable premium price for the Hexa.

Prices might start from Rs 15 lakhs OTR, with the top-end variants at an asking price of Rs 19 lakhs+ OTR!

Having Aria alongside Hexa is not going to make Aria sell. Well it isn't selling now and I do not see it selling in future too. Hexa is honest attempt at making the product better, so channeling all efforts on Hexa would be prudent.

No point in
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 08:06   #638
PCS
BHPian

In the last video. WHY are they copying innova crysta tag line ? Innova is luxury meets power. Hexa is pure luxury inside. Raw power outside. Better that hexa stays away from crysta being a target...
Old 25th September 2016, 10:39   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
In the last video. WHY are they copying innova crysta tag line ? Innova is luxury meets power. Hexa is pure luxury inside. Raw power outside. Better that hexa stays away from crysta being a target...
The video has been uploaded in December 2015. How did you conclude that this was copied from the Crysta tagline?
esoticoreventon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 10:57   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post

Nothing against the brave hearts that want to give Tata a chance, again and again. Only to come back home hoping maybe next time they will do wonders. May Hexa be a good one for Tata and for the guys that are supporting them. Sometimes I wonder if people are paid to buy a Tata car or if they are plainly out for adventure with life.
If Hexa is good it will be good even for the persons opposing it. Sometimes I wonder if people are paid to spread negativity about a company or a product.

There is a different thread on Tata's reliability and all are welcome to share their negative experiences there. This thread is about Hexa and it's potentials or drawbacks.
sourabhzen is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 11:51   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In all honesty, every man who buys a Tata car/SUV needs to be given a bravery award, not just the guys who buy Aria after the Hexa launch. My dad bought the 1st gen Indica, then my friend bought the one that came 5-6 years after that. The tears and the struggle was pretty much the same between these generations
Sierra, Sumo, Indica, Indigo Marina, Nano and now Vista.

That's six awards you owe me!

On an other note, Tata seems to have moved on twenty years while you still are stuck in the 90s!
discoverwild is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 12:17   #642
BHPian

Quote:
If you are going to write off every new Tata product based on your past history with them, what are you doing in this thread in first place? If you want to record your experience with their product or service , there's a separate thread for that, as someone already posted. Please don't pollute every thread with the same stuff.
prakash_ajp is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 12:24   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Sierra, Sumo, Indica, Indigo Marina, Nano and now Vista.

That's six awards you owe me!

On an other note, Tata seems to have moved on twenty years while you still are stuck in the 90s!

Well said. I might need three of them, for Indigo, Dicor and now Storme. None of my cars with TATA logo left me stranded anywhere. And there where no such niggles that I couldn't see on other brands, at least on the cars I owned.
BipB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 15:56   #644
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In all honesty, every man who buys a Tata car/SUV needs to be given a bravery award, not just the guys who buy Aria after the Hexa launch. May Hexa be a good one for Tata and for the guys that are supporting them. Sometimes I wonder if people are paid to buy a Tata car or if they are plainly out for adventure with life.
Indica Vista Qjet first batch, ran for 92K in 5.5 years. Crisscrossed entire country. Never stranded me anywhere
Now one of those brave souls you are referring to, bought ARIA in May 2014 and sofar completed 41K without being stranded anywhere, including Leh trip.

Never opened bonnet in my long trips of 8.8K, 7.5K, 6K either in ARIA or Indica
rkg is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 17:06   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
This one if for the uninitiated - endurance tests of all the TM cars launched in the past & few on the new ones. Hexa though isn't there, it is crunching all the miles in the sneak peeks that is getting posted. Also, as someone writes, these cars do 1000 Km/ day.

Hang in there folks, a little more patience & am sure this forum will promise the mother of all reviews of the Hexa. Everyone around is excited - the naysayers & the optimists
m3_07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks