Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 15:40   #376
BHPian

There was a photoshoot earlier today of the Hexa at the Concorde Motors Showroom, Prabhadevi.
milin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 18:03   #377
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

I have had a chance to talk to quite a few Crysta owners and ALL of them upgraded from their old Innova. I might have met almost a dozen of them and none of them were new to the Innova name plate. That (if representative) may say a lot about the Crysta's initial success.

Last week, I did a 700 km round trip in two days in my Crysta. Believe me, it is not really without its share of faults. There is considerable vibration transferred through the gear stick and the steering is a little too heavy (especially felt driving in the ghats) leaving me with sore shoulders at the end of the journey. Also, even though handling has improved, (as a result)ride has slightly deteriorated.

So, eventually people may see through these faults. But for Hexa to be able to remain in the market till then, it should definitely undercut the Innova by a fair margin.
octane_100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 20:59   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Zigwheels reports that Tata Motors is gearing up to introduce the Hexa with a 1.9L diesel option as well, which will be tuned for better fuel efficiency and power. This will be mated to either a 6-speed manual or an automatic transmission.

The 2.2L VariCOR will be the mainstay of the Hexa range, though.

The same 1.9L engine will also be introduced in the Safari Storme in the near future, possibly mated to a manual transmission only.

Looks like the testing phase for the 1.9L (downsized) diesel motor is over, and Tata is quite happy with the results. Power/torque/FE figures remain to be seen.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 21:23   #379
Senior - BHPian

While it's a great vehicle I really doubt how Tata will position it. A marginal price difference with Innova doesn't help. A significant difference also may not help because many buyers who find the Crysta expensive might even settle for a used old gen Innova rather than a new Crysta. Something dramatic has to be done. Crazy idea but why not contact all the Storme buyers from Dec 2012 onwards and offer them a good upgrade/exchange offer ? That's around 30-35k potential buyers who possibly don't have an aversion for the Tata brand. Aggressively market the vehicle within the group and vendors. Am sure many in TCS could be good targets. Hoping for the best for Tata
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 22:18   #380
Senior - BHPian

Interesting times ahead for Tata, there is no reason to experiment. Tiago has tasted success (Zest failed even after being competent); segments are totally different, yet there is no point in experimenting at this short interval.

- Let aggressive pricing be the simple strategy, give market a taste of what Tata is able to produce which just not VFM but sheer VFM, which no one can match without compromising on product quality

- In case of any production constraints, give price protection to customers with confirmed bookings

- Offer longest possible warranties along with premium treatment for customers (loner cars, quick service, dedicated service coordinators - pick things from NEXA

All the best Tata - would love to see you succeed.
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 22:42   #381
Senior - BHPian

If executed right with a mouth watering price, good reliability, performance, comfort and a great after sales service it could see Tata Motors leap frog into the big league and pose a stiff competition to the Innova. It looks plush and is loaded to the brim with equipment and tech, just hope they all come together for a great ownership experience. Taking on the Innova is no cake walk and Tata needs to undercut the Innova by at least 20-25% to entice buyers and follow it up by a great ownership experience! I have my doubts as to whether a 1.9 L would suffice to lug around a loaded vehicle with a kerb weight of close to 2.5 tons. I think the 2.2 Varicor would be adequate and a 1.9 L would be under-powered with a full load and on inclines.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 24th August 2016 at 22:45.
Old 25th August 2016, 07:57   #382
BHPian

"but this could be pushed by a few months as the carmaker is said to be conducting a few final quality checks on the car."

This is getting annoying. I get a feel there's no official communication from the Company and just to be in the news and at the same time to be non committal, they are coming up with reasons.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-402831.aspx
Old 25th August 2016, 19:01   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameervg View Post
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...er-402831.aspx

According to ACI - Tata Hexa launch in early October!!

Cheers,
Sameer
Last year when I was in market for a used car saw few ARIA going cheap if not dirt cheap. We all know ARIA was/is a brilliant vehicle but with TATA's niggle prone nature and brand equity derived from Indica spherical 'T' didn't stood against straighter "T".

Safari which enjoys strong cult is the only car in Tata's stable which can demand a 7 digit price Hexa with no legacy might find it difficult. Now Innova Crysta could be a blessing in disguise if Hexa is priced lower, I mean much lower. It could be a darling in Taxi segment if it prove it's worth but I am not seeing an immediate sales star. Even Innova took time to come out of shelves when it was launched initially.

Cheers!
Old 25th August 2016, 19:41   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Now Innova Crysta could be a blessing in disguise if Hexa is priced lower, I mean much lower. It could be a darling in Taxi segment if it prove it's worth but I am not seeing an immediate sales star.
Tata's in no way is going to let The 'T' plates on the Hexa. They are going to continue the same strategy as Tiago and push the vehicle using all forms of communications. I strongly feel their revival strategy is working and the timing could not be even more perfect with Crysta's pricing.
Old 25th August 2016, 20:20   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Tata's in no way is going to let The 'T' plates on the Hexa. They are going to continue the same strategy as Tiago and push the vehicle using all forms of communications.
The same was announced when Zest and Bolt came out. That Vista would be the commercial variant and Bolt wouldn't be offered with T plates. And as per recent news, Bolt would only be offered with T plates soon. TATA Motors doesn't show consistency and like other small players, changes their strategy when plans don't work out.

Tiago might not go down that road because the small dimensions aren't really suited for this purpose. But Hexa?

That said, Toyota has played a wise game by pricing the basic entry level variants of the Innova much lower than the higher variants. Taxi market will continue to swear by the Innova simply because they wouldn't have any reason not to!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th August 2016 at 20:22.
Old 25th August 2016, 20:32   #386
BHPian

They need to undercut Innova by at least 5 lacs for people to think about this. In EMI terms, I believe people wouldn't mind spending 5-7k extra monthly for an Innova which is tried, tested and comes with the Toyota peace of mind.

Also, they should come out with some schemes like standard warranty for 4 years, guaranteed loaner cars, etc to get people to take the risk at a 15+lac price point. They should not get carried away by success of Tiago which is 30% of the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Zigwheels reports that Tata Motors is gearing up to introduce the Hexa with a 1.9L diesel option as well, which will be tuned for better fuel efficiency and power. This will be mated to either a 6-speed manual or an automatic transmission.
Noob question: why launch the 1.9 now? Target cab segment with slightly different exteriors and cheaper price (1% green cess would be negligible)?

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 25th August 2016 at 20:34. Reason: formatting
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 23:55   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile, somewhere in Gujarat, sometime back:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-guj.jpg

And, an interior shot from a test mule in Pune:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-pun.jpg

Sources - Twitterati
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 06:29   #388
BHPian

What's that big hole in rear bumper. Don't expect that to be used for camera
Old 27th August 2016, 07:18   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
What's that big hole in rear bumper. Don't expect that to be used for camera
Probably access to a towing hook for international markets or just a proto fender ?
Old 27th August 2016, 22:58   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Meanwhile, somewhere in Gujarat, sometime back:

And, an interior shot from a test mule in Pune:

Sources - Twitterati
[/left]
[/center]
Do we see a bigger HU, from the 3.5" that has been expected??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks