Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 15:39   #1591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
19" tyres would be expensive irrespective of where you get them from. 18-20" is an expensive affair. You are looking at roughly 60-100K for a set of 4 depending on the brand and where you get them from. 75-80K is likely to be the sweet spot.

But this is not a problem specific to TATA, when one buys something exclusive the prices are accordingly exclusive.

Having purchased recently 265/60/18 MRF Wanderer AT for my Ford Endeavour. I can say that Hexa's 19 Inch Tyre from MRF will cost Rs 12,000/- to Rs 13,000 at best. However something from Pirelli or Michelin might cost approximately Rs 18,000/- to Rs 20,000/- per tyre. For some reason the 235/55 profile looks small on Hexa, a wider profile would have been better

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2016 at 12:09. Reason: Typos
harsha.muvva is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 00:35   #1592

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Eagerly waiting for the pricing of the Hexa. I've always loved the manual mode vehicles over automatic. However most of the Hexa first cut reviews are voting for automatic ones. With this being the case, Tata not giving AT in 4x4 is not gonna go well I think. Even a 6 months wait would impact the sales I feel.
Old 9th November 2016, 08:50   #1593
BHPian

Tried registering for a test drive on the Hexa microsite 3 times (different contact numbers). On all the 3 occasions got a blank call where no one spoke and had to disconnect. Any one from Hyderabad facing a similar problem?

Usually, dealers haunt you continuously pestering you to book the car. Here the converse seems to be true. Customer is forced to chase an unresponsive car company.
Old 9th November 2016, 12:57   #1594
BHPian

Finally, got a call from the Tata Customer Service. This forum really works in getting the message across.
Old 9th November 2016, 13:24   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthiltg View Post
Finally, got a call from the Tata Customer Service. This forum really works in getting the message across.
I doubt, in this particular case, your posts had anything to do with the call back. You should also give credit where it is due.
prakash_ajp is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 14:42   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I doubt, in this particular case, your posts had anything to do with the call back. You should also give credit where it is due.
Could be a co-incidence, but I felt otherwise, because all the 3 instances had the same pattern where a call came through after registration and was a blank call. The same happened today morning, but eventually after a couple of hours following this post - finally someone spoke to me in person.

Nevertheless, they have taken in the details and said Test Drive would be arranged later this month. We shall see how it goes. The person also informed that not all Tata Dealers are authorized to deal with Hexa and provided me some specific choices to select from. Whether, the Tata can provide a Nexa kind of experience, is to be seen!
Old 9th November 2016, 14:42   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
In the above Rock On video - I see that none of them are wearing seat belt
Here is another one

That advertisement looks hideous and ridiculous. Hexa is not even properly showcased in it and on top of that the actors looked like they were in a hurry to shoot the ad. Let's see how the official advertisement looks.

Last edited by SDP : 11th November 2016 at 09:30. Reason: fixed broken quote
Old 9th November 2016, 14:52   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Living the night life with the Hexa, as demonstrated by this "Hexapool Karaoke" video by the Rock On 2 starcast...
Easily a sub standard one from the TATA motors team. The high quality ads from previous age is definitely making this feel very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
In the above Rock On video - I see that none of them are wearing seat belt...
C'mon, Shraddha is wearing the seat belt! You can see it most of the times when she is in focus
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 16:58   #1599

Quote:
I think the responsiveness has clearly improved. I got a call in the next minute after I registered in their micro site. Interestingly, couple of technical questions were also answered to my satisfaction. I think Tata is going to give a special care to Hexa customers, something like a premium customer. I get a feel that this could be another reason why they delayed the launch to set this right...
Old 10th November 2016, 01:57   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
The person also informed that not all Tata Dealers are authorized to deal with Hexa!
Now that is interesting! This could explain why some dealers seem less prepared compared to others. Also, is it a reason for pushing the launch from Nov to Jan? Probably some exclusive positioning within the selected dealerships!
Hexa continues to intrigue us
Old 10th November 2016, 08:45   #1601
BHPian

Every dealer in bangalore is authorised to sell Hexa. When you get a call from TM, you will hear them listing all the bangalore dealers.

Every dealer is expected to invest in 5 vehicles at the minimum towards the display + test drive. They are still squabbling over which variant to put their money on. Hence, the delay in display vehicles at bangalore. However, the vehicle allotment to the dealerships from TM is complete. We should be seeing the test drives over the end of this month.

Towards exclusivity, nothing is felt at the moment. Infact even the help desk at TM which was active when the website went live were strongly praying that there is no one expressing the interest, to "force" the call center to make an outbound call. The first 5 - 6 days were nightmarish. They indeed have evolved over the 3 weeks - more to go. The dealership showroom story still remains the same - these guys haven't changed a bit.

PS - I had a 30 minute call with the TM regional office guy on 4th at "22:30", who happened to call me when i was rattling over twitter & he explained some of the above.
m3_07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 07:15   #1602
BHPian

Had a talk with Concorde showroom guys in Hyderabad. Till now there are 25 bookings only in Concorde Hyderabad. 10 + bookings on XT 4X2. 2 Bookings for XT 4X4 Automatic bookings are less than 5 as well. This number doesn't look great. As there are 5 showrooms for Concorde in Hyderabad
Old 11th November 2016, 07:28   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Living the night life with the Hexa, as demonstrated by this "Hexapool Karaoke" video by the Rock On 2 starcast.
Keep an eye out for the fabulous lit-up tail light sections, the DRLs + foglamps, illuminated key hole (at the very beginning), shifting through the Drive modes, etc.
To me this is a STUPID ad.
Why?

Simply because it is absolutely irresponsible and shows clearly that not even one of the "great actors" in the ad, have bothered to wear their seat belts.

Ideally, these "youth icons" ought to ensure that they portray things properly, following the rules and promoting concepts like safety - given that the majority of the youngsters will emulate, mimic, imitate these guys in real life.

These are modern times. These are modern cars. Our current scenario on the public roads necessitates safety and adherence to these rules.

Thats why I think Tata has messed this up big time, with this dam fool ad campaign.

Last edited by ampere : 11th November 2016 at 09:54. Reason: Reviewed Video Link from quoted post
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 08:43   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
To me this is a STUPID ad.
Yes this ad seems to be badly shot with little involvement or acting from all the actors! Though I don't think this is an Ad and is probably just a quick promo. I am sure Tata will definitely come up with something much better later.
If you watch the promo on full screen you will see Farhan and Shraddha are wearing seat belts. All the others sitting in middle and last row aren't.

Last edited by ampere : 11th November 2016 at 09:54. Reason: Snipped Quoted post
Old 11th November 2016, 09:00   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Any words on when will the T-Bhp official review be published for Hexa ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed