Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 20:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016

I've been waiting for the wrangler for a long time, but the automatic is a no sale.

Not interested.
Old 5th February 2016, 00:51   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've been waiting for the wrangler for a long time, but the automatic is a no sale.
Hello Sir, You have been away for a while, hope everything is well at your place, how is your Pajero SFX ? are you looking to change that or A 6 ?

Yes, Auto is lazy but maybe your experience is also based on petrol ( that's what I felt when I drove V6 gas ) perhaps due to higher torque this gear box may behave differently on diesel. Given the way India traffic is growing manuals are getting a pain, you might also be interested in having a look at http://www.isuzudmaxvcross.in expected for May launch @ 15-16 Lac
Old 5th February 2016, 09:45   #18
BHPian

All is well thanks!

Since the wrangler is auto only, I'll be looking at the D-max V-cross when it becomes available.

The Pajero I will keep till it falls apart. The audi will likely be disposed off soon.

Last edited by Harbir : 5th February 2016 at 09:46.
Old 6th February 2016, 23:32   #19
BHPian

Sighted one wrangler white at Houston yesterday with stunning looks with its protruding wheel arches and larger wheels and new alloys
Old 9th February 2016, 10:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well we have been waiting and waiting and more for this iconic brand all the while. Hope they do launch it eventually. Even if they do an average Joe would just look up and say hey that a new Mahindra launched there

That apart both the real SUV have some character and road presence and would just love them to be on our road at the earliest!
Old 12th February 2016, 19:22   #21
BHPian

The clock had struck 7:00pm and they were ready to pack up for the day as I rushed and caught a few frames with my Camera :

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-jeep-1.jpg

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-jeep-2.jpg

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-jeep-3.jpg

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-jeep-6.jpg

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-jeep-5.jpg

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-jeep-4.jpg
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 10:22   #22
BHPian

Watched two videos on YouTube that walk you through the removal of the hardtop and the doors (respectively) on the wrangler. Was amazed how easy it is to go from the black wrangler pictured above to the red wrangler also pictured above ! A seriously tempting proposition at the right price.
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:58   #23
BHPian

Any news on the launch? I have been keeping an eye on the website but no dates/contacts have been provided.

I tried calling up a couple of Fiat dealers in NCR and they had no clue about what I was talking about!
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:02   #24
BHPian

If at all they launch jeep brand in India, it will be super luxury category and aimed squarely at BMW, Mercedes range. It's debatable if they have have the quality as their German rivals. A Grand Cherokee will be upwards of 70 lakhs, I think.
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:19   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
If at all they launch jeep brand in India, it will be super luxury category and aimed squarely at BMW, Mercedes range. It's debatable if they have have the quality as their German rivals. A Grand Cherokee will be upwards of 70 lakhs, I think.
I think they now realize they cannot compete here in India - nobody will buy a Jeep unless they particularly want the car.

There is no "elitist" value to the brand here - and they know that.

However, they are apparently still trying hard - but are not replying to my messages now, after the budget.

Must have really hit them hard...

I have waited almost 2-3 years for them to get their act together, but they have also failed to execute - now numerous times already.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I think they now realize they cannot compete here in India - nobody will buy a Jeep unless they particularly want the car.
I agree. They will probably sell more of the Wrangler, due it's off-road credentials, as due to the fact that there is no competition for the Wrangler, unless of-course Tata decides to do something with the Defender, but Tata.... oh well.

I sincerely doubt anyone one will plonk down 70 to 100 big ones on a Grand Cherokee given the number of proven luxury options available at this price range. Of-course you will have the few die hard fans and the few ultra rich, who may want to add a Grand Cherokee to their garage, but for the Majority, you can choose between an X5, Q7, GLS, Discovery Sport, Volvo XC90, etc ...

Quote:
I have waited almost 2-3 years for them to get their act together, but they have also failed to execute - now numerous times already.
I really wanted the Wrangler and was willing to pay any price for it. However, I got fed up waiting and picked up an X3 XLine edition few months back, so I guess, no Wrangler for me at least for a couple of years. With the speed at which Fiat Chrysler has been moving, I think the timing will be perfect when I am done with the X3 EMIs .
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I really wanted the Wrangler and was willing to pay any price for it. However, I got fed up waiting and picked up an X3 XLine edition few months back, so I guess, no Wrangler for me at least for a couple of years. With the speed at which Fiat Chrysler has been moving, I think the timing will be perfect when I am done with the X3 EMIs .
I think you made a good decision with the X3 - the review (possibly yours) that I saw impressed me substantially.

Unless you are going off-road every weekend, the Wrangler would probably be more of a pain than a benefit. This is why the X3 would be the best choice.

In my case, I went for a 4x4 AT Fortuner - despite the Fiat/Chrysler CEO's request to wait for the GC last year (now almost 12 months) - but in the end he/they could not deliver.

Of course, I could import one myself for a great deal cheaper - but parts and service would be a complete headache... (Even if I went through the trouble to obtain service manuals, etc. - I just don't have the time to deal with that)
Old 11th May 2016, 22:47   #28
BHPian

Autocar show - 75 years of Jeep - From the Willys to the Renegade

Features easter concepts

The highlight is the trialcat based on wrangler. Under the hood of this is the 6.2 ltr hellcat hemi motor churning out a whopping 707 BHP and 880 NM of torque. Just hear the engine @ 6.03
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 02:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Unless you are going off-road every weekend, the Wrangler would probably be more of a pain than a benefit. This is why the X3 would be the best choice.
Sorry, but have to disagree there. I have a Wrangler, which was bought new in 2007 (the year the new JK was released). It was my daily driver till 2012 and it worked well in that role. It is no different than any other compact SUV really, and it even gives better mileage than my A45 AMG! These days I use it mostly off-road but do take it to work occasionally and will be taking it to Melbourne next weekend.

In any case the new Wrangler is coming out in 2018, so I guess anyone wanting to buy a new one can hold off a couple of years and get the new model (my current Wrangler will be replaced with the new one once it's out in this part of the world).
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20120327_185622.jpg  

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20120327_185547.jpg  

Old 12th May 2016, 16:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper1941 View Post
Sorry, but have to disagree there. I have a Wrangler, which was bought new in 2007 (the year the new JK was released). It was my daily driver till 2012 and it worked well in that role. It is no different than any other compact SUV really, and it even gives better mileage than my A45 AMG! These days I use it mostly off-road but do take it to work occasionally and will be taking it to Melbourne next weekend.

In any case the new Wrangler is coming out in 2018, so I guess anyone wanting to buy a new one can hold off a couple of years and get the new model (my current Wrangler will be replaced with the new one once it's out in this part of the world).
FYI, you live in a *developed* country with proper roads, mate!

Over here in India (Mumbai, more specifically), the suspension of the Jeep Wrangler (as compared to my friend's US version) may not be tolerable - which is why I suggested the X3.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks