Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car wowed you the most at the Auto Expo 2016?
Chevrolet Beat Essentia sedan 1 0.14%
Chevrolet Beat Active crossover 5 0.70%
Chevrolet Spin 1 0.14%
Chevrolet Cruze 2016 3 0.42%
Datsun Go-Cross mini SUV 2 0.28%
Honda BR-V 10 1.41%
Hyundai Tucson 24 3.38%
Hyundai Carlino sub-compact SUV 2 0.28%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 103 14.49%
Tata Hexa 101 14.21%
Tata Nexon 187 26.30%
Tata Kite 5 sedan 110 15.47%
Toyota Innova Crysta 46 6.47%
Volkswagen Ameo 4 0.56%
Volkswagen Tiguan 36 5.06%
Isuzu D-MAX vcross 23 3.23%
Mahindra XUV Aero 53 7.45%
Voters: 711. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2016, 22:07   #106
BHPian

Re: Which car wowed you at the Auto Expo 2016?

My vote goes for the Brezza as it looks like a perfect combination of good looking and reliable product. Carlino was the next best but since it's a concept I'm not expecting the production version to look that good.

Awed by Tata designs at the expo but unfortunately they don't translate into onroad reliability (a recent example being Zest), which is sad. Unless they improve significantly on the reliability front, a middle-class person like me will not bet on Tata products.
Old 10th February 2016, 02:13   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
Not sure why we do not have a thread dedicated to Nexon@Auto Expo 2016, in spite of being one of the stars of the auto sxpo.
Awaiting a new thread on Nexon!
I think only Autocar India got exclusive access to Nexon Interiors. Without having access to Interiors for few clicks, it probably didn't make sense to have a separate thread for Nexon.

I would have loved one though.

On that note, isn't Evoque convertible not displayed at this Expo? I could not find any reference in the Jaguar thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Awed by Tata designs at the expo but unfortunately they don't translate into onroad reliability (a recent example being Zest), which is sad. Unless they improve significantly on the reliability front, a middle-class person like me will not bet on Tata products.
I understand your concern about Tata, but the example quoted about Zest is probably wrong. I'm a regular follower of Zest threads on this forum and can't remember any owners posting any major reliability issues regarding Zest in this forum.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 10th February 2016 at 02:19.
mrbaddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:49   #108
BHPian

I was impressed by Tata's show. Everything from Nexon to Kite and even the Bolt Sport looked good. The Hexa was a step up from the Aria, but didn't pass muster in my opinion. Nexon was the best in show in my opinion.

One gripe I had with all presenters. No one could talk about safety capabilities of their cars. In some cases, they were guarded in their response (Baleno - "We meet all local safety requirements") and in other cases, they just didn't know. I asked the Honda Jazz folks what their Euro NCAP rating was and if the same car is being sold in India. The guy didn't know what I was talking about.
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 15:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Impressed by Kite S, Carlino, Brezza, Hexa Nexon.

But vowed by the modified D Max Vcross - but that is an after market mod job!!

Finally voted for XUV Aero - the only vehicle that had shock value in the expo
Old 11th February 2016, 15:35   #110
BHPian

Voted for B-RV (I may be a bit biased towards Honda ). Liked the designs of the Brezza, Kite sedan as well.
Old 11th February 2016, 18:49   #111
SRM
BHPian

The 3 cars that interested me a lot were - Nexon, Hexa and XUV Aero. Not sure how would XUV Aero turn out eventually, but the concept looks good. Hexa looks different from a typical Tata car but I wouldn't have the confidence to put that kind of money on Tata as yet.

But the car that ended up wowing me the most was Nexon and my vote goes for that. The car looks fabulous in its near production avatar and surely has distinctive interiors and exteriors in the crowding mini-SUV space! Now, only if Tata can prove that they can take care of their customers after sale as well and this could be the game changer for them. Look forward to its launch now.
Old 12th February 2016, 09:28   #112
BHPian

Loved what Tata has done with the Hexa and also Mahindra XUV aero. Does it look inspired from X6 or what!
Old 15th February 2016, 18:00   #113
BHPian

Vitara Brezza:- Looks fresh. Late entry into Compact SUV segment but worth wait. Would have loved to see 100 PS+ engine option.
Nevertheless, it seems good package.

Tata Kite 5:- Awesome boot integration. Unarguably, the best looking compact sedan!
Tata should launch this with QJT 90 PS engine, it sure has potential to turn fortune for Tata.

Tata Hexa: Wow, truly premium SUV. Fit and finish seems really nice. Tata cars definitely are on right path. Although, the Zest/Bolt ICE in such a premium car doesn't feel right.

But I voted Tata Nexon. Man o man, it is so similar to concept car. Well done Tata. Interior looks premium and the display screen like premium cars, that is just awesome. Hoping to see, similar car with 4 X 4 and automatic variants.
Old 15th February 2016, 20:17   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
One gripe I had with all presenters. No one could talk about safety capabilities of their cars. In some cases, they were guarded in their response (Baleno - "We meet all local safety requirements") and in other cases, they just didn't know. I asked the Honda Jazz folks what their Euro NCAP rating was and if the same car is being sold in India. The guy didn't know what I was talking about.
I asked the guy in charge of the Hexa that what type of automatic was it. He said," Sir there are three types of automatic. 1. CVT. 2. AMT. 3. Fully automatic. This is fully automatic.
kisharchit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 23:10   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
I asked the guy in charge of the Hexa that what type of automatic was it. He said," Sir there are three types of automatic. 1. CVT. 2. AMT. 3. Fully automatic. This is fully automatic.

In his defense, what other answer were you expecting? The number of gears, the brand of slush box, torque converter ? I simply want to know more about it. Thanks.
Old 16th February 2016, 00:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Two questions to all those who voted for the tata trio:

1. Will you buy it when they are launched?
2. Would they have wowed you, had they been came from Maruti, hyundai or honda?

Imo, they wowed many, because they came from an unexpected side.
Old 16th February 2016, 00:52   #117
BHPian

At Romeo,
The OP's poll considers only products which wowed people purely from their heart. Note that these are without any realistic / accurate information on their affordability or practicality. It is heartening to see Indian designed vehicles being supported.

We can probably have another poll later on products which disappointed the most once we have pricing / features information during the actual launch later in the year for the same set of vehicles?
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 02:07   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Let me answer mine. Sorry for the lengthy reply.

1. I was impressed with Nexon when the concept was shown at 2014 auto show. At that time, I was serious in upgrading to a UV kind of vehicle and didn't realize that I will still be without an upgrade in 2016 and that I might be considering Nexon too. I still have my booking amount for SCross 1.6 with the dealer which I'll be collecting tomorrow. Though I can afford, 14 lakhs is kind of higher amount for me to spend on a car, so I kept it waiting to see if Nexa offers anymore discounts. When I had seen Nexon's testing spy pics I doubted its rear seat space and boot space. Just at that time Brezza's pics were doing rounds and I was getting tempted to go for it. So I decided that I'll wait till Auto Expo to see how Nexon fares on my concerns and its engine specs. And to repeat what Renuka (Autocar) had said in her video "I'm thoroughly thoroughly impressed". I liked Brezza too. If I like Brezza, why can't I go for it now instead of waiting? Yeah, some predicament, but the engine specs of Nexon are hard to ignore compared to the Zest engine configuration on Brezza. And I didn't like one bit of the build quality on Baleno, and I don't expect much from Brezza either in compromise of fuel efficiency. So I decided to wait for Nexon. Now comes the anti climax, I didn't vote for Nexon. I WOULD have definitely, if not for some freshness brought in by Kite 5 in the crowded compact Sedan space and Nexon's rear is too overdone for my liking. So I'm not sure my answer is a YES or NO to your actual question.
2. I agree unexpected quarters may play a part in influencing some part of your mind. And probably fan boyism too. But that one cuts both ways, so ignoring that part. If not for Nexon or Kite, my vote would have gone for Brezza, so I think I would have voted if they had come from a Maruti or Hyundai or Honda.

I'm willing to take a gamble on Tata for my upgrade unless something dramatic happens in my life or in the Indian Automotive world in the next one year.

Thanks for the questions though and lets see other's responses.
mrbaddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 15:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Yes, but currently very happy with my Vista @ 87000kms and 4 years. So not on the lookout for one immediately. If and when the time comes, it is certainly going to be one from Tata, as always. Something like the future versions of Nexon, preferably in 4WD.

2. I wouldn't expect Maruti to come up with anything like this. They are busy with the same old stuff as always. Tin cans in various iterations. I would probably expect Hyundai to come with this kind of innovations, but most of them are already known. Honda seems to have gone into the Maruti mould of late.
Old 17th February 2016, 16:06   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. If I am in the market for a new car, I will definitely check them out. In current scenario they I will prefer them in their respective segments. Negative reviews might change my view.
  2. Were you there in Expo? I think they actually attracted more wows because they were far better than many other cars displayed there.

P.S> I voted for Isuzu D max. Would have chosen Nexon if D Max was not there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks