Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 21:36   #871
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

According to a report by GaadiWaadi, the production of Innova Crysta Petrol will begin from 18th July and is expected to be launched in the 2nd half of 2016. The MPV will be powered by a 2.7L four cylinder VVT-i engine producing 164 PS of power at 5200 rpm and 25 kgm of torque mated to a 6 Speed Manual gearbox. The report further states that the car will get an Automatic transmission option though according to my sources in Toyota, the Petrol Innova will not be offered in an Automatic transmission.
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 13:02   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkar View Post
Hello,

Owing to NGT diesel ban in Delhi and Kerala, is it really worth spending on Innova Crysta?
Anytime they can declare the ban in other states as well. Especially Karnataka, Bangalore.

The vehicle will have to be scrapped after 10 years.
and so my worry is the resale value will be nothing, and no demands.
Well, the assumption one has to go with is that 10 years is a real long time and a lot of changes happen with the decision of the govt too. Positively, this ban would be a temporary phenomenon and over a period of next five years, things should settle down. With that thought in mind, I have just booked my Crysta VX 7Str (Pearl White). Used some influence to get the vehicle immediately. Hopefully, i should complete the formalities in a couple of days and take delivery.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 22:47   #873
BHPian

Re: Engine bay pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have not upgraded the horns in my current Skoda and Ex Polo; apart from plugging a second OEM horn (like older Polos) in the Polo I had which came with only horn one from factory. The Innova horns sound meek compared to even the stock horns in Skoda/Polo, so i feel the need of an upgrade. Definitely not putting a second set with relay, instead will upgrade the OEM horns.
+1 to this. Test drove the Innova today after 7:00Pm on a special request. They let me do that since i booked the car in the morning. I too felt the horn was quiet feeble. In Hyderabad, we have quiet errant drivers and to have a good horn helps. I recently upgraded my single tone(Read good for nothing) horn on my Etios Liva to a Minda horn and they are fabulous. They aren't too loud nor too bleak. I will replace the Innova Crysta horn with the same set after taking the delivery. Incidentally, the horn sounds exactly like the OEM Horn on my SX4 and i love them.
Old 16th June 2016, 23:04   #874
Senior - BHPian

Changed the interior lights to LED today. The interior lights in the GX are as follows.
Front: Two W5W or T10 bulbs 8W each.
Middle row: One 30mm festoon 8W.

Replaced the front bulbs with a pair of 1W Osram 6000k T10 LED and replaced the middle row festoon with 1W Philips 30mm 6000K festoon.
Front Osram LED
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160616_18484901.jpeg

Rear stock bulb
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160616_19011701.jpeg

Lighting
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-20160616_19522301.jpeg
Sankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 09:01   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks good, But don't you think its a little too bright for a car's interior light.
At least for me, I wouldn't want such a bright light in my car.

Also, In my Punto, when I change to LED, it shows an error in the cluster because of the difference in current drawn.
Is there any such issue in your car?
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 09:23   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It looks good, But don't you think its a little too bright for a car's interior light.
At least for me, I wouldn't want such a bright light in my car.

Also, In my Punto, when I change to LED, it shows an error in the cluster because of the difference in current drawn.
Is there any such issue in your car?
Yes it is bright for the interiors and quite embarassing when light comes on like a tubelight when someone opens the door when i'm inside. So what i do in the innova is i keep the front ones always off and use the middle row in door open mode. Good thing is each front light can be operated independently as required, like in the Octavia. Bright light is useful when searching for something on the floor especially with older folks in the car.

I prefer 4000K in side the cabin, i have two pairs of Philips 4000K T10 with me which i bought couple of years ago for the Swift. I'm not using it now, because I can't find 4000K Philips or Osram festoon in India. So to match the interior colour temp I'm using 6000K all around. I prefer 4000K LED, its easier on the eye.

Thankfully no interior bulb out error when using LEDs in the Crysta. These are not error free (resistor) LEDs. There is no interior bulb out indication in my Octavia RS and there was none in ex Polo GT either.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 09:39   #877
Team-BHP Support

I tried a ZX Auto couple of days back , even though the engine is bigger it is not silent or smooth at low speeds and vibrations can be felt on the floor like the 2,4 and the older one, perhaps a tad less but not to an extent which should have been the case for models which are 10 years apart . There is not much of a difference on the drive as well when compared to older Innova so someone who wants to buy ZX for mostly self-drive should drive Ford again in my opinion.

Seeing some posts of fellow members on the way they are able to dress the GX version, I am seriously contemplating picking one for Airport / Local duties and keep the change to pick an Isuzu VCross I am sure an Apple / Google mirror stereo with some good aftermarket Speakers will sound better than standard Toyota gives on ZX and I can get front beams converted to HID if required . Which feature of ZX will be missed on GX which can't be retrofitted if someone can point.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th June 2016 at 10:03. Reason: Spacing for better readabiilty
Old 17th June 2016, 10:04   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Which feature of ZX will be missed on GX which can't be retrofitted if someone can point.
1.Extra four airbags
2.Vehicle stability control (ESC)
3.Hill start assist
4.3D effect instrument cluster with a TFT screen MID
5.ACC
6.Cruise control
7.Audio telephone controls on the steering wheel.
8.Smart entry system (can it be retrofitted???)

There maybe more, but these are the main items that you will miss in in the ZX. Rest all are cosmetic in nature and can be retrofitted.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 10:10   #879
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Dicky ,

Four Extra airbags - I think given the overall thickness of doors and side structure in this vehicle it will be debatable to appreciate it's true benefits.
ESC - I am not sure how it will work on this and will this be a useful feature on local runs ?

Rest I am not worried considering travel in rear captain seat as the prime reason of buying one.
Old 17th June 2016, 10:38   #880
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Innova Crysta Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks Dicky ,

Four Extra airbags - I think given the overall thickness of doors and side structure in this vehicle it will be debatable to appreciate it's true benefits.
Mitsubishi has the same philosophy for vehicles they sell (or at least used to sell), especially Pajero. They got 0 or 1 stars in most crash ratings. USA disqualified them from even participating in the crash tests for not having airbags.

Safety belts and airbags have saved the day time and again.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2016 at 14:57. Reason: Linking to review :)
t2k4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks