Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2016, 18:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I don't think Renegade is any bigger than the Yeti - just my feeling having seen them both on the road and it certainly does not look as big as the CRV. It looks more cute than imposing on the road. But, as far as capabilities go, you could be right!
Perhaps not as big as a CRV but certainly as big as a Tiguan, which is about 1 half size larger than the Yeti. Or the Q3 which is about a size bigger.
From the pictures here it doesn't seem larger, but in actual fact since I m seeing my Yeti almost daily when I compared my memory to the actual Renegade I saw in Dubai a couple of weeks back, the Renegade was a bit bigger.
Old 7th May 2016, 21:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Perhaps not as big as a CRV but certainly as big as a Tiguan, which is about 1 half size larger than the Yeti. Or the Q3 which is about a size bigger.
From the pictures here it doesn't seem larger, but in actual fact since I m seeing my Yeti almost daily when I compared my memory to the actual Renegade I saw in Dubai a couple of weeks back, the Renegade was a bit bigger.
I think your eyes deceived you in Dubai

From the web, the dimensions are:
Renegade: 4230 (L) x 1800 (W) x 1697 (H), Wheelbase: 2570
Yeti: 4222 x 1793 x 1691, Wheelbase: 2578
Q3: 4388 x 1831 x 1608, Wheelbase: 2603
Tiguan: 4433 x 1809 x 1703, Wheelbase: 2604
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 07:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think your eyes deceived you in Dubai

From the web, the dimensions are:
Renegade: 4230 (L) x 1800 (W) x 1697 (H), Wheelbase: 2570
Yeti: 4222 x 1793 x 1691, Wheelbase: 2578
Q3: 4388 x 1831 x 1608, Wheelbase: 2603
Tiguan: 4433 x 1809 x 1703, Wheelbase: 2604
@StarrySky
Thank you very much, I stand corrected. Saying that the Jeep Renegade DOES seem bigger. Probably psychological and because it is a JEEP.
Thanks for publishing those dimensions and disabusing me of my "notions".

@MalluMowgli
Saying that, I still think the Renegade is the right sort of next vehicle for me. Provided of course, it comes in the Spec that I want and at a price that I think is fair value.
In any case, for me, it not about SIZE - it's not been about size for the last 5 years - ever since I test drove and fell in love with the Yeti and traded in my giant Scorpio for it...so while the Renegade may be from the same segment as the Yeti, it ticks all my boxes in terms of upgrade, specifically if it comes in my desired TrailHawk Spec!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th May 2016 at 07:06.
Old 9th May 2016, 12:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so while the Renegade may be from the same segment as the Yeti, it ticks all my boxes in terms of upgrade, specifically if it comes in my desired TrailHawk Spec!
That is a big 'if' - judging by the Fiat mentality in India, we can be sure that they will never go the whole distance. They will launch a plain vanilla + 2 variants with Mjet engine and sit back and relax. Whether they will even launch a trail rated version in the Wrangler itself is a question mark

At the same time Renegade is not a Jeep (it has a Jeep logo alright) but it is a Fiat and like the Yeti, a sedan on stilts.
Old 9th May 2016, 13:48   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wait and Hope. Wait and Hope. Like Edmond Dantes in The Count of Monte Cristo!

There is as of now no plans known of Renegade for India.

The Jeep C-SUV (Jeep 551, Compass name likely to be retained) a model above the Renegade segment is being rumored for launch in India.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-details.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th May 2016 at 13:52.
Old 9th May 2016, 18:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-11140x761.jpg
Isn't that the actual ground clearance of this vehicle? I don't know at which point on any vehicle the GC measures are taken but that bumper isn't gonna make it any more abuse friendly than the next low slung hatch, whatever cred the Jeep brand got. Take it, none's gonna remove that lump of a bumper everytime they come across a broken road.

Cars used to sit high enough for practical use on Indian 'roads' & now even supposed-to-be no-road friendly cars are going down to earth.
Old 9th May 2016, 19:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why there is even a query about the Jeep Renegade's GC
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4201.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 20:33   #68
Team-BHP Support

I think it has pretty decent ground clearance. http://www.boldride.com/ride/2015/je...gade-trailhawk. Looks maybe deceptive, see that bumper is almost 3/4 th or more to the axle centre of front wheel.

Quote:
Designed and engineered to first and foremost deliver legendary Jeep 4x4 capability, the all-new 2015 Renegade is the first small SUV from Chrysler Group to use the all-new “small-wide 4x4 architecture.”
With its fully independent suspension capable of up to 205 mm (8.1 inches) of wheel articulation and 220 mm (8.7 inches) of ground clearance (Trailhawk), Renegade raises the bar in the small SUV segment with best-in-class off-road capability. Extensive use of advanced steels, composites and advanced computer-impact simulations enable the all-new 2015 Renegade’s architecture to deliver world-class torsional stiffness and Jeep brand’s durability required for Trail Rated adventures.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 22:45   #69
BHPian

It wasn't a question about lack of all around GC. In fact rear & side clearance is ample. I was focused only on that bumper lip at the front which atleast from that pic quoted, is sitting quite low. Since ideally GC is measured from the lowest part of the vehicle, and that bumper lip is ahead of the wheels, it would scrape a right sized rock or pavement before the tires do. Will the rear or side GC matter in that case? Nop.

This is the same for my Kwid. The rear sits high & the front a bit low. A tricky pavement that won't have any effect when i back up might just scrape the front bumper if i go the other way. One can shrug it off being a hatch, but i don't want my SUV to do the same.

This was purely my observation based on that specific pic, and front GC difference between the Jeep the Yeti behind it. I was NOT citing the claimed GC numbers.
Old 13th May 2016, 17:40   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of Jeep Renegades were spotted during a testing run in Delhi by a Motoroids reader.

Quote:
The Renegade, the premium compact SUV from Jeep, was spied testing earlier on a few occasions as well. The international spec Renegade is powered by a 1.4 litre and a 2.4 litre diesel engine. Earlier reports suggest that the models that are imported to India for R&D purposes are powered by a 2.0 litre four cylinder diesel engine.
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadespiedtesting1.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadespiedtesting2.jpg

Motoroids
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 04:33   #71
vdi
BHPian

Jeep Renegade could be seen in Dulquer Salmaan's latest movie Kammatipaadam. Please check out the 1st teaser came out sometime last week. I don't know whether this was shot abroad or not.
Old 17th May 2016, 16:27   #72

Is the Jeep Renegade really coming to India? I read that they will be using the platform for the 551!
Old 28th May 2016, 10:51   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted testing on the streets of Mumbai by a Motoroids reader.

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadespiedtestingagain5.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadespiedtestingagain4.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadespiedtestingagain2.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadespiedtestingagain1.jpg

Quote:
The model was spied testing in Mumbai. The premium compact SUV has been spied on a few occasions earlier as well. The company is believed to have been testing the Renegade in India for quite some time now since the time it was imported to the country for R&D purposes.
Motoroids
Old 8th June 2016, 00:02   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

The Renegade duo has been spotted up close during a testing run in Delhi by a Motorbash reader.

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegade1.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegade2.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegade3.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegade4.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegade5.jpg

Is FCA still testing the 551's underpinned platform inside the Renegade, or is the Renegade being extensively prepped for a (possible) future launch of it's own? Only time will tell.

Motorbash
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 00:00   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted testing in Pune by a Motoroids reader.

Quote:
the video reveals the signature grille of the company hidden under a camouflage. Images suggest that the model will also feature ORVMs with integrated indicators.

The model has been testing for quite some time in the country and it is likely that model will be introduced in the Indian market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks