Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 23:39   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Official TVC:

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 02:16   #422
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Honda working on City Facelift - Coming in 2017! (EDIT: Launched at R...

Some of you may have read the R.I.P Jetta news. Not related to the Ciry directly, but the 16.9 lacs I paid for my Jetta TDI CL Jan 2015 (now remapped to 175bhp) seems like change.

A thoroughbred German is what I got for the price some of you will pay for the 'new' City. Ridiculous!
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 06:53   #423
MCR
BHPian

The Diesel Zx pricing is simply atrocious. After paying around 17.15 lakhs on road in Bangalore you get a tin can (pun intended) with a lousy 100HP motor. I don't think this variant will sell.

Hyundai Creta Diesel Sx(O) feels so much more value for money now!

Petrol V variant with an OTR of around 12.66 Lakhs should be a good buy.
MCR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 07:50   #424
Senior - BHPian

One thing is for sure, car makers are a greedy lot and the ₹ is worth a lot less than what it was! Honda's pricing just gives the other's leeway to raise prices: updated Ciaz and Verna will follow in Honda's footsteps. The product mix of Honda leaves a lot to be desired and the City is it's Koh-i-noor, hope it hasn't shot itself in the foot with this pricing. It's like Honda saying: "STOP COMPARING CITY WITH CIAZ; WE'RE SEGMENTS APART"!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 15th February 2017 at 07:55.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 08:04   #425
Senior - BHPian

What a killer pricing from Honda!!

From a price conscious & more of VFM seeking auto market in India...

BRV lowest variant (E Petrol) is 899,350 & City lowest variant (S Petrol) is 849,990

BRV top end variant VX Diesel) is 1,317,750 & City top end variant (ZX Diesel) is 1,356,990

Honda is certainly killing themselves with such "killer pricing"!! Way to go!!
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 08:45   #426
BHPian

I am finding it very hard to comprehend why there are so many complaints on pricing. Looking at SMT, it offers much more than the pre-facelift and is 50,000 cheaper - hence more VFM.

Having said that, I feel that there are only two variants which are worth buying - VMT and ZXCVT (petrol only, I personally feel that nobody should buy Honda City diesel anyway) . Rest are either overpriced (when compared to VMT and for the features they offer over VMT) or less VMT (e.g. why to compromise on safety for a 70K difference and you do get a lot of other things too!).

Those looking at Honda City for sunroof (not sure if anyone else offers it in this segment, yet...) should be prepared to pay the premium.

Personally, I am looking forward to own a VMT, which would have all the featured that I aspired for and then some more..
amit73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 08:53   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Official TVC:
===[/url]

[/center]
Seems like they are inspired by Inception!

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th February 2017 at 10:53. Reason: Please avoid Quoting Youtube links for reply, Thanks.
Old 15th February 2017, 09:01   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Could someone let me know whether there is some feature addition in S & SV variants?? To me, the prices look in tune (minor variation) with the pre-facelift variants.
Old 15th February 2017, 09:15   #429
BHPian

For people comparing, City with Creta or Jetta, I don't think it's proper. There are people who like the premiumness Honda badge provides as compared to the scandal plagued VW. And the corollary would be true as well. But with vehicle prices overlapping based on variants and features, there would always exist some overlap across segments. In any case, the segments themselves are an artificial creation, and a small hatch may definitely be pricier than a Jetta. That doesn't prove or disprove anything.
Although, I would personally stay 100 miles away from the unreliable VW vehicles (at least for Indian conditions), comparing a Creta (which I love by the way) is wrong as a pseudo-SUV offers a different value proposition as compared to a Sedan.
Honda must have invested to upgrade features and Body structure for which they are fully allowed to increase prices. Also, no company is a fool to shoot at their own feet without any tricks up their sleeves.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 09:49   #430
MCR
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda working on City Facelift - Coming in 2017! (EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
For people comparing, City with Creta or Jetta, I don't think it's proper. .
No body is comparing oranges and apples.
But its with the same INR a person pays for both City as well as Creta. This is the point of comparison. Its purely what one car has to offer for the price paid.

And for your kind information, VW has surpassed Toyota in world wide sales. So isn't it a perception to call VW scandalous!
Old 15th February 2017, 10:03   #431
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Scandal plagued VW
VW is trying to recover from the pollution scandal.
Honda is trying to recover from the Takata crisis.

Toyota has major billion dollar lawsuits fined in the US recently for premature rusting issues and the well known accelerator issue.
Renault is being investigated for excessive pollution.
Suzuki and Mitsubishi are being investigated for false FE claims.

Every company has their share of running scandals. We can pick our own poison, but VW can't really be singled out in this case. As a personal car owner in India, we were more affected by the Takata crisis than the pollution scandal with over 5 lakh cars recalled as running with faulty inflators, weren't we?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th February 2017 at 10:06.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:08   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could someone let me know whether there is some feature addition in S & SV variants?? To me, the prices look in tune (minor variation) with the pre-facelift variants.
2017 SMT over pre-facelift:
Integrated LED DRLs
Rear seats ISOFIX compatible.

2017 SVMT over pre-facelift:
Power folding door mirrors + LED turn
Integrated LED DRLs
Rear seats ISOFIX compatible.

Yes. The pricing of SMT, SVMT and VMT are almost same as pre-facelift prices. Though in the last 2 years the prices of all variants are increased by a lot.

When I bought my SV MT IVTEC in 2014 December in Hyderabad, ex-showroom price was Rs 8.5 lakhs. In January 2017 (2 years later) same model ex-showroom price was 9.7 lakhs. So prices increased by Rs 1.2 lakhs in just 2 years.
sri_tesla is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:17   #433
BHPian

Some features I particularly liked:

1. Auto folding ORVM
2. Auto dimming Interior rear view mirror.
3. Telescopic steering adjustment
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:35   #434
Team-BHP Support

While features are very much improved and now the City has every feature one can think of, I am just not able to get my head around the fact that the new top end ZX model is 17.1L lakhs on road in Bangalore now!

Yes 6 airbags, sun roof and LED are all there but the Ecosport has similar kit for 12L with the DCT box and the S-cross 1.6L Alpha is 2 lakhs lesser with a stonking 1.6L engine and 320Nm torque.

Paying that amount for a City with how much ever features just doesn't feel worth it. I think the lower trims are priced well but as you go up the City is just too much money. You might have all the features you will ever need but underneath the car is still a Honda City. It doesn't change that fact.

This also widens the gap with the popular Ciaz and Maruti will be more than happy with this upwards shift in the City. The Ciaz is now in a segment of it's own between the compact sedans and the City, Vento, Rapid which are trying move into a segment they absolutely do not belong.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th February 2017 at 10:39.
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:52   #435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This also widens the gap with the popular Ciaz and Maruti will be more than happy with this upwards shift in the City. The Ciaz is now in a segment of it's own between the compact sedans and the City, Vento, Rapid which are trying move into a segment they absolutely do not belong.
Yoichiro Ueno, MD & CEO, Honda has released a press statement today that should probably explain the higher pricing of the City, and the widening of the price gap with respect to the Ciaz and S-Cross -

"The brand positioning is thus being scaled up. We now have a strategy to maintain our traditional positioning, which is a bit more premium though not luxury. So, we would like to target customers a bit different from Maruti or Hyundai. We would like to do that in terms of products, service, and customer experience."

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-wr-v/57157911

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th February 2017 at 10:58.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks