Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 17:36   #406
OSH
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Has anybody been able to spot the 15-inch alloys on the VX? The brochure says 'diamond-cut', but I'm skeptical Honda would give out the same design as ZX's 16-inchers.
VX gets 16 inch alloys which are same as the ZX.

V has got the 15 inch dual tone alloys which are also diamond-cut but different from the 16 inchers.

Here is the 15 inch alloy wheel of the V variant.
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-1607463d1486890927rumourhondaworkingcityfaceliftcoming2017editlaunchedrs85lakhsalloyv.jpg
OSH is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 17:46   #407
BHPian

City 2017 Brochure is out
Attached Thumbnails
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city-.png  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city-b.png  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city-c.png  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city-1.png  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city-2.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf City.pdf (1.61 MB, 3710 views)
damager21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 17:48   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The full LED headlamps along with the LED fog-lamps.
Attachment 1608371

The tail-lamps also receive the LED treatment.
Attachment 1608372

Even the number-plate lights are LED.
Attachment 1608373

The boot-lip spoiler with integrated stop light.
Attachment 1608374

The front map-lights are LED.
Attachment 1608380

Even the rear map-lights are LED.
Attachment 1608381

Soft-touch dashboard on the passenger side.
Attachment 1608378

The rear headrests are also adjustable for height.
Attachment 1608384
These are all ZX specific features, petrol MT won't get be able to get them, atleast they could have given interior led lights across all.

Quote:
The sweet looking 16 inch alloys with 185/55 R16 tyres, one of the best looking OEM wheels.
Attachment 1608375
Undoubtedly sweet looking, but a cleaning nightmare in rainy season with dirt in narrow ridges. I am not nitpicking but highlighting the possible scenario.

Quote:
The trunk finally gets a lining.
Attachment 1608386
Very crude attempt, look at the Linea's boot cladding below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ot-clading.jpg

Rant - Telescopic Steering adjust only for VX and above, i20/baleno gets them for all variants if I am not wrong.

Last edited by varunswnt : 14th February 2017 at 17:56.
varunswnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 18:06   #409
Senior - BHPian

Just checked the OTR price in Bangalore from Car Dheko. Guess what , 17 lakhs for the top diesel trim. So a C segment car at D segment prices.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487075766.791853.jpg

Surely over priced over its rivals.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 18:11   #410
BHPian

Alloys from Brezza, SCross and City, have very close resemblances.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-3.jpg  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-2.jpg  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-1.jpg  

MercFan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 18:14   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Internationally, a New Car is developed from the scratch, every 4 years. So, is this the last face-lift, before an all new Honda City is launched next year?
Historically Honda has launched a new gen City every 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1998, 1st-Gen City. Cumulative sales of ~60,000:

2003, 2nd-Gen City. Cumulative sales of ~180,000:

2008, 3rd-Gen City. Cumulative sales of ~190,000:

Once again, the 5 year mark brings the next generation City:
So next gen City will be launched by 2nd half of 2018, in all probability this is the first & final face lift for 2013 City
Old 14th February 2017, 18:14   #412
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Just checked the OTR price in Bangalore from Car Dheko. Guess what , 17 lakhs for the top diesel trim. So a C segment car at D segment prices.

Attachment 1608406

Don't think these are accurate prices. OTR prices for earlier top end variant with an ex showroom price of 12.93L was 16.34L including RSA and zero depreciation insurance.

Expecting the same around 17.5L now. However, haven't received the confirmation from the dealer.
Old 14th February 2017, 19:10   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2017 Honda City facelift is off to a very promising start, scoring more than 5,000 bookings in the first 12 days since official bookings began!

Out of the 5,000+ bookings so far, around 70 percent are for the petrol variants.

Official bookings had opened on February 3rd, for a token amount of Rs 21,000.

ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 20:11   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sharing these details .
A big shout to GTO and the Team-BHP fan who shared City 2017 pricing few days back. Its more or less in lines with what Honda revealed today
Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 21:04   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sorry for my off-topic post but deep down I sometimes feel if all the car makers have a backroom nexus amongst themselves when it comes to pricing their products. Slowly and steadily they have all successfully created new segments by some atrocious pricing on their current offerings.

The first example that comes to my mind is the entry level Germans. From being priced at around 25-30L till just a couple of years back, they have all now successfully migrated southwards of 40L and hence created a whole new segment for their newer smaller entry level cars like the A4, CLA, 1 series etc.

If we look at D segment or what was earlier called as the D segment, most cars their were priced around 13-20L. The same has now conveniently crossed 25L in most places with the basic models costing you close to 16-17L.

And now comes this pricing from Honda. And others will follow in its footsteps. I can expect them to slowly create yet another segment in place of the current C segment with this pricing strategy.
Absolutely right. This has been happening for some time now and since there is no fall in sales seen, there is nothing stopping the car makers to think and rationalize the prices. Today the City ZX at 16-17L on road seems too expensive. In a few months rivals will price their products marginally lower than this and suddenly it will seem more value for money. Buyers are to partially blame since we still lap up whatever is thrown at us.
aviraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 21:25   #416
BHPian

I wonder if new Honda City will have solid built quality like German vehicles and rattle free ownership.

If yes then maybe Honda needed to increase price to justify quality, if no then another over priced car in the market.
Old 14th February 2017, 22:18   #417
BHPian

The base petrol model S MT seems to be VFM. You get all necessities including ABS+EBD, dual airbags, electrically adjustable OVRM and audio system with bluetooth. Surprisingly, S variant is not available with iDTEC (Diesel) Engine.

The next variant - Petrol SV MT costs a whopping 1.04 lacs more than the base model with extra features like driver seat height adjust, MID, steering mounted controls, LED indicators on OVRM, Cruise control, Auto AC, Rear AC vents.

The gap between the top end VX MT and the base variant is 3.15 lacs (ex-showroom). Clearly, Honda would be making killer profits in higher variants.

The tyre size 175/65/R15 or 185/55/R16 is lower than the size of Baleno. The car deserves tyres of atleast 185/65/R16 or better.
Old 14th February 2017, 23:06   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Volkswagen has also increased their prices by almost 90k after launching the Vento highline model with LED Lights & Reverse Camera. The Highline (Ex-showroom) Delhi costs around 12.38L and Highline AT around 13.62L.
Those LED headlamps cost a bomb, hence you see the premium pricing in grades equipped with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the sole purpose of Honda India is to make other brands look value for money. The Jazz, even the current model, makes the Hyundai i20 look value for money. And this City facelift will make the upcoming Nexa Ciaz look value for money. We would have cribbed about the premium priced Nexa Ciaz, but can we do so now that the Honda City is priced this way?
That has happened because of Wrong launches at wrong time. Now, the market demands good products if priced at a premium. The Old Jazz was exactly that, but in 2009, our market wasn't as mature. Hence the Jazz failed badly. New one despite being good isn't upto the mark where it matters. And that's why it's selling in average numbers. But, it's a wonderful car nonetheless.

I expect Ciaz Facelift to be only slightly more expensive then current one while 1.6 will be lot expensive since that engine is imported and also fact that it will be a NEXA product. But, having said that, I expect it to be minimum 1.5-2 lakhs cheaper then the City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
ZX CVT and ZX Diesel are well over 16L in Mumbai. Expecting Bangalore prices to be similar.

Source : Carwale.com
Attachment 1608345

Wow!!! Thats almost getting into the D1 segment
That's how all new launches have been over the years. The City does 90% of what the D Segment car does at 50% the price. The same was highlighted by GTO in the Official Review of Honda City. So, that's how it is. Honda has made the 1st move, now it's up for competitors to follow.

If one recalls, the Civic was one available for 10.9-12.9 lakhs. Now, the City is more expensive then that (13.5 lakhs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Isn't the new one a couple of years away?
Yes, mostly 2019 is the year for Next gen City Launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda City 2017 bookings cross 5,000 units since Feb 03 when they were opened. The more balanced priced Petrol variant in demand.

Honda India bets big on City. Why is city important to Honda?

Once the undisputed king in its segment was dethroned by Maruti's Ciaz last year. Can Honda City regain its crown? Time will tell, not to forget that both Ciaz and Verna are in the queue for launching their respective facelifts.

Attachment 1608358
Good start, but how long it will last is the Big Question !!

Just like I have said many times, the Ciaz Facelift & New Verna's positioning will give us an idea of where this City is headed towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
And now comes this pricing from Honda. And others will follow in its footsteps. I can expect them to slowly create yet another segment in place of the current C segment with this pricing strategy.
Yes, that's most likely to happen. Once the New Verna launches later this year & the New Vento/Rapid next year, we may get the exact idea of where this is heading into.

I can't believe that my dad bought a Jetta for 19.2 lakhs (Just 2 lakh more then this City ZX Diesel). And it's a segment above car and definitely the best car in its segment. My dad was smiling when I showed him the prices of City today. I understand what he meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yesterday I was quoted 11.85L on road for Ameo TDI DSG and 11.3L on road for GT TDi.

New city is expected to be around 17.5L on road Bangalore.

Segment definitions are indeed changing.
Yes, CrAzY dRiVeR. We are seeing Crazy Changes across Crazy Segments in our Crazy Market. Won't get much crazier then that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Rant - Telescopic Steering adjust only for VX and above, i20/baleno gets them for all variants if I am not wrong.
Even Baleno & i20 have Telescopic Steering only on Top End Trims. I have hardly adjusted steering in my cars. So this is a not so useful feature for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

Attachment 1608406

ZX Diesel is overpriced no doubt. Also, for OnRoad prices I prefer Carwale, they are more accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Historically Honda has launched a new gen City every 5 years

So next gen City will be launched by 2nd half of 2018, in all probability this is the first & final face lift for 2013 City
Current City was unveiled in 2013 December and was launched in January 2014. With Facelift being launched now (2017), I expect the new one in 2019. Honda did the same thing by giving a 5 year timeline for 3rd Gen City. (Launched in 2008 September & Discontinued in October 2013).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2017 Honda City facelift is off to a very promising start, scoring more than 5,000 bookings in the first 12 days since official bookings began!

Out of the 5,000+ bookings so far, around 70 percent are for the petrol variants.

Official bookings had opened on February 3rd, for a token amount of Rs 21,000.
70% booking for Petrol !! I think the shift towards Petrol & High Price of Diesel Versions is the reason behind this. Is this the same reason why Honda have priced Diesel way off the mark ? To discourage Diesel buyers ? Let us wait & watch then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I wonder if new Honda City will have solid built quality like German vehicles and rattle free ownership.

If yes then maybe Honda needed to increase price to justify quality, if no then another over priced car in the market.
All cars will be built according to Safety Standards, this is especially true on Expensive Cars. ( Above 7 lakhs for Indian Market). So, I expect the City to be well built. Those rattles & vibrations occur when that particular part isn't fitted properly.

If the City was that unsafe, it would have been stopped. Being a Honda, it will be safe based on thier stringent importance on Safety since decades.

Having said that, if Volvo was percieved as more safe compared to others, would anyone say Mercedes Benz is unsafe.
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 23:18   #419
BHPian

Went to Linkway Honda to have a look at that new colour. Changed my booking from Golden Brown metallic to Modern Steel metallic. All the cars in this colours have been allotted to other customers, let's see if there is any cancellation otherwise will get the delivery not before next month.
Shreyas Aterkar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 23:23   #420
BHPian

Attached is the V alloys. They look quite hot too. Went to pride honda to check out and took a TD as well.

However agree with what was said here earlier. The V variant is 9.99L only in NCR. In Hyderabad per carwale the ex showroom is 10.2L and above 12L on road

Back to SV vs V debates.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-img_20170214_182440.jpg  

quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks