Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2017, 15:59   #331
OSH
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Here is a basic comparo of the MT variants and the additional features you get with the difference in prices.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-20170211-15.50.02.jpg

Prepared this during lunch hours, posting it here so that it can help others.
OSH is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 21:05   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2017 City facelift in it's all-new & exclusive Modern Steel Metallic colour shade, arrives at a Honda dealership in South India.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-spy1.jpg

From Facebook.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 14:29   #333
BHPian

Wonderful package. Seems like Honda has gone all out in loading car with features. Erstwhile King is back in action.
Old 12th February 2017, 14:37   #334
BHPian

City 2017 definitely looks much smarter than before. New LED headlamp with DRL, LED Taillamp, Rear spoiler with stop light and smart 16" alloy wheels all adds to it.

This new color looks hot
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city.jpg
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-headlamp.jpg
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-tail-lamp.jpg
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-spoiler.jpg
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-alloy-wheel.jpg

This is the 15" alloy wheel from V variant (Source ACI)
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-alloy-v.jpg

Last edited by damager21 : 12th February 2017 at 14:46.
damager21 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 07:26   #335
BHPian

A question to current and potential buyers. Given that the V is significantly more expensive than the SV now, I'm just thinking whether it makes sense to buy one, or stick with the SV.

The only feature I would miss sorely from V is the reverse parking camera (as I understand SV doesn't even have reverse parking sensors unlike the Ciaz VXi+).

The huge AVN is good but in my experience, Google Maps etc are unbeatable usually for navigation. And since SV has bluetooth and steering mounted audio controls, one wouldn't be missing much to justify that 80k difference between SV and V.

Folks who went with SV in the earlier version, do you regret not going for V? Anyone else looking to buy SV in the new edition?

Also, has anyone seen what the interiors or the rims of SV look like?

TIA for all your answers!
Old 13th February 2017, 09:05   #336
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
A question to current and potential buyers. Given that the V is significantly more expensive than the SV now, I'm just thinking whether it makes sense to buy one, or stick with the SV.
The SV is a very decently spec'd variant, people buying this variant are not going to feel as if they are driving a striped down version of the car. For the price range it is rumoured to be in, SV is quite VFM.

However for me, the difference of 80000 rupees between the SV and V is fine. Why ? Simply because the additional features are worth more than 80000 rupees. Have a look

1. Alloy wheels(4) - Honda OEM alloys cost approx. 46500
2. 7 inch AVN - OEM shall cost approx. 45000
3. Fog Lamps - OEM costs approx. 7000-8000
4. I am not even including the costs of all the other features like reverse camera, additional speakers, push start/stop, autofolding mirrors, chrome handles, rear charging point etc.

When you add up all these, it well crosses 80000.

Now I know that you can get all these features added in the aftermarket for less, but that is not what everyone will go for.

Also if you are looking for the CVT, then you cannot go for the SV.

Last edited by OSH : 13th February 2017 at 09:11.
OSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 10:23   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
However for me, the difference of 80000 rupees between the SV and V is fine. .
The difference between SV & V would be still high as V will be likely to be placed in >10Lakhs bracket. For Eg: In Tamilnadu, it is 10% for <10 Lakhs and 15% otherwise.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 10:26   #338
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sharing these details .
Honda just called and clarified that these prices should be taken with a pinch of salt. They aren't accurate.

We'll see the actual numbers tomorrow!
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 10:48   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda just called and clarified that these prices should be taken with a pinch of salt. They aren't accurate.

My biggest wish is Terrific Pricing from Honda to give thier Best Seller the "Crown of the Segment".

With Ciaz being way cheaper (Serious Rival), Rapid & Vento (Casual Rivals) having multiple Engine & Transmission Options to compensate wide price range & New Verna expected to score on Design & Equipment Fronts, the City will be definitely feel heat & will be under threat if they manage to overprice it tomorrow.

Tomorrow, Let's Hope Honda Surprises & Shocks us in a good way.
Old 13th February 2017, 12:00   #340
BHPian

Honda, in my opinion, is in a bit of a fix. It is used to being chased by Hyundai in other markets; and in those markets Suzuki is not even on the radar. If it is, it is a serious laggard.

Obviously the honchos at Honda realize this and they must maintain the "premium" moniker of the Honda over these rivals. On the other hand, in order to play catch up with Hyundai and Suzuki in India, they must offer pricing and servicing which lives up to the the premium tag. The problem of course is that Hyundai seems to be offering products which are at par if not better (XCent > Amaze; Grand i10 > Brio; Creta > B-RV; i20 > Jazz) and Suzuki enjoys the kind of following that firms would give an arm and a leg for. But if they offer similar products for a lesser price then they dilute their equity.

I test drove the B-RV and both the S-Cross and the Creta seemed a generation ahead in terms of ergonomics and interiors. If I were shopping in this segment, even if the price is competitive I'd probably wait for the new Verna rather than buy the City. While Honda does command a brand loyalty, the Indian consumer is smart and would not necessarily be swayed for good with the reputation of a brand.

I see the Honda City doing decent numbers; I don't see it becoming a segment leader except for the initial couple months because of the excitement it is bound to generate.
invidious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 12:04   #341

First post ever - I have been thinking about the same proposition - SV or V, with the added dimension of the previous edition V, which, with a circa 90k overall discount, should be about the same price as the new edition SV. The key difference is that the previous edition V and the new edition SV differ only in alloy wheels (with the generation difference, of course).

IMHO, the new edition SV at approx 10.6 on road Gurgaon is a better bet than the previous edition V, which should be about 10.4 on road Gurgaon.
Old 13th February 2017, 12:31   #342
BHPian

Quote:

If they actually took the pain to call and clarify, it makes me optimistic about the pricing of the new City. Few would clarify, if the pricing put out was lower than what they are going to actually launch at.

Hoping for some fireworks tomorrow by Honda.
Old 13th February 2017, 13:34   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
If they actually took the pain to call and clarify, it makes me optimistic about the pricing of the new City. Few would clarify, if the pricing put out was lower than what they are going to actually launch at.

Hoping for some fireworks tomorrow by Honda.
I was thinking about it too, but with a different conclusion. If the actual pricing was lower than what was suggested here, Honda would happily sit back and see the reaction and then spring a very happy surprise on people on 14th. People generally like it more when they get something for less than they expected to pay for it.

On the other hand, if the actual pricing is more than what is being suggested, I'd take the step of calling and clarifying immediately. So that people's expectation are not calibrated to this lower number, leading to disappointment when actual numbers come out.

Let's see, 24 hours to go
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 14:08   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Honda just called and clarified that these prices should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Does it mean to say, that the prices 'leaked' are much lower than what could be revealed tomorrow and hence should be taken with a pinch of salt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
On the other hand, if the actual pricing is more than what is being suggested, I'd take the step of calling and clarifying immediately. So that people's expectation are not calibrated to this lower number, leading to disappointment when actual numbers come out.
Bingo, what I would read into this as well.

Hopefully Honda goes ahead and surprises us with much lower prices. Else wait patiently for the facelifts of the Ciaz and Verna to arrive and so will the discounts on the Facelift City.
Old 13th February 2017, 14:09   #345
BHPian

With no direct competitor feature-to-feature in sight, if I were Honda, I'd price this incrementally higher until the competition launches. There's always the initial load of buyers who'll get the car just because it's a Honda and it's got the features they want. They are willing to pay the money if it's an incremental cost. Keyword: incremental. Something that costs 11,10,000 INR would now cost 11,99,999. That's an extra 1L for the same but no one sees that (Bata pricing strategy).

When the competition finally arrives (I am looking at you Hyundai, MS and VW), they'll surely cut prices down and still rake in profits. Just the word of mouth about the cool LED lights are going to get a number of folks buying this car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks