Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2017, 09:00   #301
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
New City 2017 definitely looks more masculine with the new grille. Hope Honda's cash registers start ringing again. Honda definitely had good products but with bad pricing, hope they do not make the mistake again this time.

I am particularly interested in the new infotainment system. I would be more than happy, if I can switch my current Jazz Infotainment system with the 2017 City's, is there a possibility?
The HU is developed with blaupunkt, So i guess there is good chance you can order one from them over the net maybe even from abroad. Dealer margins will be off the scale of course.
Old 10th February 2017, 11:08   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI's spies have caught up with the facelifted City.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city2.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city1.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city3.jpg

Also, I am hearing that the top-end ZX variant will cross Rs 13 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Against the VFM challenge posed by the Maruti-Suzuki Ciaz, which will soon become a Nexa offering as well, would the City's premium pricing and positioning still help pull in the sales numbers? Only time will tell.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th February 2017 at 11:13. Reason: added a point.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 12:01   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Thew 2014 is not bouncy and rides rather flat especially on highway speeds. It clears most speed breakers, hence ground clearance is not a problem either. The main issue is 2014 city has very stiff suspension especially at low speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
ACI sources confirm that Honda Cars India will be launching the 2017 City facelift on February 14th, 2017
... The new City though will get a revised suspension and will sit 10mm higher than the current car....
Since the 2014 city doesn't scrape speed-breakers, wouldn't it be great if Honda is using some part of this 10mm to bring back the plush ride at low speeds?

On the outside, this facelift looks better than what I had expected. How I wish they gave an option of dark colored interiors.

Hope they don't outprice themselves yet another time.
Old 10th February 2017, 12:37   #304
BHPian

Quote:

Also, I am hearing that the top-end ZX variant will cross Rs 13 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Ouch. Thats is approx 18~19 Lakhs OTR Mumbai.
Old 10th February 2017, 12:52   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Ouch. Thats is approx 18~19 Lakhs OTR Mumbai.

The current generation city has an ex showroom Mumbai of Rs. 12.9 odd lakhs and OTR of 14.9 odd lakhs for VX CVT. The same for delhi is about 70k lower ex showroom so I guess the top end on the facelift should be around 16-16.5 lakhs OTR Mumbai for individual registration.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 13:39   #306
BHPian

Quote:

[left]Also, I am hearing that the top-end ZX variant will cross Rs 13 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.
If that's the ZX CVT, that should be at par with current prices + expected hikes. VX CVT is 12.3L Ex-showroom now, and ZX is higher than this.

I'm praying V-MT is still 9,99,0000 Ex-showroom Hyd
Old 10th February 2017, 14:11   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
If that's the ZX CVT, that should be at par with current prices + expected hikes. VX CVT is 12.3L Ex-showroom now, and ZX is higher than this.

I'm praying V-MT is still 9,99,0000 Ex-showroom Hyd
I agree with quadmanic. I think it is fine considering the fact that you get a 7-speed transmission along with paddle shifters,6 airbags and many other attractive features. We used to have the 2006 model which used to be a beauty. I think the Honda city is very much value for money even at this price.
Old 10th February 2017, 15:49   #308
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! 2017 Honda City facelift's brochure leaked

Thank you to 3 Team-BHP fans (Vimal and 2 fans who prefer to stay anonymous) for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Honda is expected to launch the 2017 City facelift in India on February 14, 2017. Ahead of its official launch, the updated car's brochure has been leaked, revealing its variant-wise feature distribution.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city2.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city1.jpg

As per the leaked brochure, the City facelift will be available in 5 variants: S, SV, V, VX and ZX. This means that the E and VX(O) trims have been removed, while ZX will be the new top-end model. The base S trim will be available only with the petrol engine while all other trim levels will be offered with both - petrol and diesel engines. Additionally, the V and VX variants will get manual and CVT gearbox options with the petrol engine, while the top-end ZX petrol will be available only with the CVT unit. There is no option of a diesel automatic on any variant of the 2017 City.

The brochure further reveals that the City facelift will get full LED headlamps on the VX and ZX variants. Both these variants will also come with LED fog lamps, larger 16-inch diamond cut alloys and electric sunroof. Meanwhile, the V trim will be equipped with 15-inch alloys and the lower variants will get steel rims with full wheel caps. LED DRLs will be standard across the City range. The top-end ZX trim will feature LED taillights, a boot lid mounted spoiler with LED stop lamp and LED lights for the rear license plate illumination. The new City will be available with 5 colour options: White Orchid Pearl, Carnelian Red Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Golden Brown Metallic and Alabaster Silver Metallic.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city6.jpg

Interiors of the VX and ZX variants will get leather upholstery on the seats, armrests, door lining, steering wheel as well as gear lever. The top 3 trims (V, VX and ZX) will get the new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system that comes with turn-by-turn navigation, 1.5 GB media memory, MirrorLink smartphone connectivity, voice recognition and a rear-view camera. This system will be connected to 4 speakers and 4 tweeters. Meanwhile, the lower S and SV variants will get a basic LCD head unit with 4 speakers. Further, all variants except the S trim will get automatic climate control with touch control panel and rear AC vents. The City ZX variants will also come with automatic headlamps, automatic wipers and LED cabin lights.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city7.jpg

Safety features like ABS with EBD, dual airbags, engine immobiliser and ISOFIX child seat mounts are standard across all variants. The top-end ZX models further get side and curtain airbags, while cruise control will be available with SV and above trims.

Powering the City facelift will be two engine options: a 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol rated at 118 BHP & 145 Nm and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel that churns out 99 BHP and 200 Nm of torque. The petrol variants will be available with either a 5-speed MT or a CVT with paddle shifters, while the diesel gets a 6-speed MT. The ARAI rated fuel efficiency for the Petrol MT is 17.4 km/l and that of the CVT variants is 18.0 km/l. The diesel engine with manual transmission is rated at 25.6 km/l.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city3.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city4.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city5.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city10.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 10th February 2017 at 16:02.
dZired is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:00   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
SV version and above will come with a Trunk lid inside lining cover
So, S is a true base version

I think a price hike is a given as SV has Cruise control and other goodies found in the top or top minus one variants

V version is comparable to a Ciaz Z+ variant
InControl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:05   #310
BHPian

No top end manual petrol? They seem to be keen on shooting themselves in foot. The polar opposite of other vendors who do not sell the automatic in the top end version, but just as ridiculous.
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:10   #311
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Scoop! 2017 Honda City facelift's brochure leaked

The brochure further reveals that the City facelift will get full LED headlamps on the VX and ZX variants...
All very nice, but how about some useful updates like an actual dead pedal and rear disc brakes

Last edited by Zappo : 10th February 2017 at 18:04. Reason: Please quote only what is absolutely needed.
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:16   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
No top end manual petrol? They seem to be keen on shooting themselves in foot. The polar opposite of other vendors who do not sell the automatic in the top end version, but just as ridiculous.
They were criticised for not offering top end with AT previously. I think youre in a minority as the market is moving towards AT now. AT is not only more fuel efficient, its easier on your body (ease of use).

I doubt anyone is going to miss the MT in top trim.

I welcome this new decision wholeheartedly to favour AT. I just hope its not too expensive.

Just look at the amount of AT in the market and you will know most of the petrol honda's are AT.

My only grouse: i wouldnt have 5 trim levels. I wouldve just S, V (rebadged VX) and ZX.

Last edited by M00M : 10th February 2017 at 17:18.
M00M is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:16   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Yes really sad. Since the manual is way more fun and complements the high revving i-vtech very well. Also they did not upgrade the manual gear box to the six speed one. The extra cog would have improved the already good cruising fuel efficiency.
JediKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:25   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I think a price hike is a given as SV has Cruise control and other goodies found in the top or top minus one variants
I own SV IVTEC and it has cruise control. Cruise control, auto touch AC etc... present in SV, V and VX variants of the current model.
Most if not all features of SV in new model are already there in current SV version. So we need to compare the new SV version prices with current SV version only.
sri_tesla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 19:47   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
SV version and above will come with a Trunk lid inside lining cover
So, S is a true base version

V version is comparable to a Ciaz Z+ variant
Trunk Lid Inside Cover is much better then No Cover. S was base version even in pre Facelift one, E was there just to highlight low price point.

Quote:
Top End with Manual might be offered at later stage, this info was revealed by BHPian RavenAvi in previous page(s).

Offering a Top End Automatic is a good thing, it gives the price restriction for the Manual to be priced below. If Automatic was to be launched at later stage, the price would have shot up by big margin. (Automatic Premium !!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
They were criticised for not offering top end with AT previously. I think youre in a minority as the market is moving towards AT now. AT is not only more fuel efficient, its easier on your body (ease of use).

I doubt anyone is going to miss the MT in top trim.

I welcome this new decision wholeheartedly to favour AT. I just hope its not too expensive.

Just look at the amount of AT in the market and you will know most of the petrol honda's are AT.

My only grouse: i wouldnt have 5 trim levels. I wouldve just S, V (rebadged VX) and ZX.
They were criticized, but it was not the City that was in question, it was the Jazz which didn't have a Top Spec Automatic. City always had a VX CVT. Although, Full Black Interiors option was given a miss for this variant.

I guess, many people who have opted for VX Petrol have choosen CVT, hence Honda isn't offering a manual in ZX Trim this time temporarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Most if not all features in new model are already there in current SV version. So we need to compare the new SV version prices with current SV version only.
Yes, most features have been carried over, but let's hope Honda doesn't price this SV Trim at a premium over current one.

Even if one speculates the price, I think the ZX Trim will be lot more pricier then other variants. Let's wait & watch.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 10th February 2017 at 20:04.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks