Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2019, 15:58   #826
BHPian

Re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

The Price list of accessories are available in the Booking page: https://www.mahindrasyouv.com/book-y...modelcode=X300

Few interesting items are attached. You can click on each item to get more details about the item price as well as the labor charges
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-capture.png  

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-capture2.png  

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-capture21.png  

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-capture22.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by nirubhai : 16th February 2019 at 16:07. Reason: Added more attachments
nirubhai is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 17:34   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Heated mirrors are very useful during early morning drives or in monsoons as they do not fog up. It is a convenience feature and should be useful in majority of the places in the country. It is like the rear defogger.
Fully agree with you on this. Every winter I face foggy ORVMs in the morning and is quite bothersome to physically wipe them continuously for initial 10-15 minutes along with the same battle for the rear screen, which has to be foregone since I cant be stopping in the middle of the road. This will be a very useful feature from November to mid-February and in the monsoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
With Zero depreciation insurance policies cost is not a major issue. Yes there is the issue of loss in NCB but it is cheaper than even paying for folding OVRM or powered adjustment OVRM accidents. One more feature here will not really add costs to the car owner. My guess is Heating element may not be too expensive
I find this an extremely useful (& somewhat safety) feature and will be extra cautious to maintain it. Hopefully, its cost will not be high if ever a replacement is required.
CarStruck is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 21:01   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
As per ARAI rules all manufacturers quote ground clearance based on laden weight. It's not just the 300.
Really great input! It seems ARAI came out with this rule only quite recently and it's a new rule.

Our own official review of the Marazzo contains the usual comparison chart among Marazzo and its competitors; the Marazzo is listed as 200 mm in it. But the same review separately mentions laden GC as 165 mm. I would take the 200mm figure and roll with it, if I were looking to buy a car. The 165 number (which matters the most) wouldn't even catch my eye...so it's a really great move by the ARAI.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 10:47   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
As per ARAI rules all manufacturers quote ground clearance based on laden weight. It's not just the 300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Our own official review of the Marazzo contains the usual comparison chart among Marazzo and its competitors; the Marazzo is listed as 200 mm in it. But the same review separately mentions laden GC as 165 mm.
Any criteria on which the vehicles should be loaded before measuring the laden GC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirubhai View Post
The Price list of accessories are available in the Booking page
Looks great with the decals. Seems Mahindra is going the MSIL way, after all the XUV300 does look similar to the Vitara Brezza. These decals are a good way to make the car look trendy!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 02:12   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I believe the story of the Petrol will be different altogether and hence the curious silence. Remember that small capacity turbo petrols are known to return FE figures that can be quite a put off. The similar petrol Nexon has a decent ARAI FE of 17.33, but I'm sure these figures are for a drive in the ECO mode where as many have said is pretty lifeless. If they had tested with the Nexon with the complete 110 horses, the ARAI number would have been not more than 14-15 which is unacceptable for the segment. I assume the weight of the baby XUV, along with the inherently inefficient turbo petrol and the absence of any eco mode has returned ARAI figures that are not worth printing or advertising out loud
Makes sense totally! I have two friends who own petrol KUV100 ( old and new) , they haven’t seen anything above 10kmpl!! I am aware of the mileage issues in early batches of KUV100, but am also pretty sure this baby xuv will have similar (if not worse) figures. Mahindra is yet to figure out their petrol engines.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 07:54   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Who decides on the exact feature list? I am not sure if it has been discussed previously but I have been wondering about the usefulness of those heated ORVMs in a country like ours. Out of all companies, M&M always stood apart in the sense that Anand Mahindra himself appears to take interest in every detail, every launch and comes off as someone who is in sync with the pulse of the market. How does a feature like this make the cut then? Or is it part of some deal that Mahindra has with Ssangyong where they did not have to pay a premium for this? Otherwise either they could have cut cost and potential equipment failure later during the ownership period or could have substituted some other useful segment first feature. For instance along with the Auto-dimming IRVM, they could have provided Auto-dimming ORVMs too. Barring a handful of places, where anyways a small number of cars would sell, heated ORVMs would be useless. And I am sure when one requires a change due to some careless biker ramming yours on the road, it would cost a bomb because of this.
It's a simple lever to change day/night on a manual mirror. Why increase costs with an auto irvm? On the other hand a heated orvm is very much needed. Especially during fog, colder says and monsoon. The Tata Safari had these along with rear windshield heating from day one. Extremely useful feature.
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 08:37   #832
BHPian

XUV 3OO AMT spied undisguised!!
Report by Rushlane.
https://www.rushlane.com/amp/mahindr...-12297126.html

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindraxuv300amtspiedlaunchprice1.jpg
The AMT is just a stop gap arrangement. A conventional TC automatic will replace the AMT next year.

Last edited by powertrain : 18th February 2019 at 08:40.
powertrain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 08:56   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
The AMT is just a stop gap arrangement. A conventional TC automatic will replace the AMT next year.
It says AMT would be available in all variants and priced 20-30k above the manual versions. I don't understand this stop gap strategy! Why would anyone buy the AMT version instead of waiting for the better TC unit next year? Even if they provide the TC unit, its probably going to increase the prices by ~1lakh which would make this the most expensive offering in this segment. And not to forget the impending launch of the Hyundai Styx which would hit this segment hard and even bite a sizable chunk off Brezza's monthly sales!
Old 18th February 2019, 10:25   #834
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
I don't understand this stop gap strategy! Why would anyone buy the AMT version instead of waiting for the better TC unit next year? Even if they provide the TC unit, its probably going to increase the prices by ~1lakh which would make this the most expensive offering in this segment
How many of the buyers are going to be so informed to know that a TC automatic is going to be made available after a year! And I would appreciate if Mahindra provides the automatic in the topend version, unlike till now. Those who want all the safety features and automatic in most cars have very few choices. My Ford Aspire has no top end automatic, like wise most other manufacturers provide automatic in variants just below the topend one.

Likewise I would like automatic in base versions also. There are many who have financial constraints to buy topend versions and there are who have no such issues. Let the consumer decide what they need, rather than companies forcing buyers to compromise.
Old 18th February 2019, 11:13   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
It's a simple lever to change day/night on a manual mirror. Why increase costs with an auto irvm? On the other hand a heated orvm is very much needed. Especially during fog, colder says and monsoon. The Tata Safari had these along with rear windshield heating from day one. Extremely useful feature.
I guess it boils down to what one is using currently and what one is used to. I have lived for the better half of my life in Delhi where we get more than enough cold and rains. Never felt the need for ORVM defogger or heating function. For the windows the AC defogger is good enough.

Whereas the automatic ORVM is a blessing. I have one in my 3 series and have come to appreciate it a lot since a majority of drivers on our roads prefer using high beams. The manual ORVM is annoying to me and I have never managed to get accustomed to using it since i feel that the focus of the mirror goes off.
Old 19th February 2019, 12:01   #836
BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 accessories pricing revealed

Interior
Seat covers range (W4-W6) – Rs 7,580 – 15,920
Seat covers range (W8) – Rs 7,580 – 15,920
Door trim armrest Grey/ Tan – Rs 1,990
Nappa Leather steering cover – Rs 960
Rear luggage cover – Rs 1,463
Boot organiser – Rs 850
Laptop/snack tray – Rs 6,798
Anti-skid dash-mat set – Rs 556
Auto grip XL mobile holder – Rs 550
Child seat – Rs 9,588
Floor-mats range – Rs 615 – 3,811
Full-floor covering laminated mats – Rs 4,560
Magnetic sunshade set – Rs 1,423
Aluminium dual-tone door-sills protector – Rs 793
Illuminated door-sill protector – Rs 2,809
Audio unit from Pioneer – Rs 4,090 – 45,890
Grey headrest-mounted DVD touchscreens (2) – Rs 17,379
Universal parking sensors – Rs 2,568
Reverse camera with 3.5-inch rear-view display – Rs 7,032
Reverse camera with dash-mounted 4.3-inch display – Rs 7,365
Rear sensors with inner rear-view mirror display – Rs 4,795
Reverse camera – Rs 2,411

Exterior
Chrome tail-lamp garnish – Rs 1,576
Chrome tail-lamp extension garnish – Rs 704
Chrome back-door garnish – Rs 1,272
Chrome rear-bumper accents – Rs 1,280
Chrome door-handle set – Rs 901
Chrome fender garnish – Rs 433
Chrome ORVM garnish – Rs 999
Chrome-insert door visors set – Rs 1,844
Door visors set – Rs 1,463
Roof decals (white/ black) – Rs 7,698
Sporty side decals (red and grey) – Rs 3,000
Racing strips (red/black) – Rs 3,170
Premium design roof wrap – Rs 5,400
Sporty roof strip – Rs 1,560
Front bumper skid-plate extender – Rs 5,360
Front bumper protectors – Rs 3,141
Side skid-plate extender – Rs 6,600
Side chrome-insert body-side moulding – Rs 1,603
Rear bumper skid-plate extender – Rs 5,160
Rear bumper protector – Rs 3,091
OE Spoiler (unpainted) – Rs 3,520
Aluminium roof carrier with brackets – Rs 7,380
Chrome upper-grille garnish – Rs 1,004
Chrome middle-grille garnish – Rs 1,215
Chrome waistline set – Rs 1,339
Chrome waistline set with rear glass extension – Rs 1,679
Chrome door cladding – Rs 1,494
Chrome rear reflector – Rs 664
SS rear bumper protector – Rs 4,962
16-inch dual-tone wheel covers – Rs 361
16-inch OE wheel covers – Rs 752
17-inch OE painted alloy wheels – Rs 11,241
17-inch OE dual-tone alloy wheels – Rs 12,322
Body covers range – Rs 1,351 – 3,281

Accesory Kits
Sporty add-on kit (front, side and rear) – Rs 18,900
Front and rear add-on kit – Rs 12,635
Essential kit (4 parts included) – Rs 3,142
Intense Chrome kit with 11 parts (for W8 & W8 Option) – Rs 10,290
Intense Chrome kit with 10 parts (for W4 & W6) – Rs 9,790

Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 19th February 2019 at 12:02.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 09:47   #837
BHPian

This is regarding the 'Roof Wrap' option available as an accessory in the XUV3OO.

Is the Roof Wrap different from the Dual Tone colour option available from the manufacturer?
And can the Dual Tone treatment be done in the 'after market' sector?
Old 20th February 2019, 14:04   #838
BHPian

2019 Mahindra XUV300:
Which variant should you buy? - Autocar

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-screenshot_20190220143503_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Which is the variant to buy?
The base W4 variant is well-equipped and offers great value for money. If you’re restricted by budget, this is the one to go for.

Our pick in the range though, is the W8, which is priced at a premium over the Nexon and Brezza top models (manuals) but is much better equipped in comparison, and maintains a fine balance between segment-unique features and value.
Full Article

Last edited by JS Kwt : 20th February 2019 at 14:06.
Old 20th February 2019, 14:32   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Is the Roof Wrap different from the Dual Tone colour option available from the manufacturer?
And can the Dual Tone treatment be done in the 'after market' sector?
That depends on whether the dual tone from factory is done by paint or by vinyl wrap. The accessory seems to be similar to vinyl wrap which can be done after market.
Old 20th February 2019, 14:43   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
That depends on whether the dual tone from factory is done by paint or by vinyl wrap.
The one from factory will be paint in all probabilities. As you rightly said, Vinyl wrap can be done outside. IMO it should be done with a professional like 3M for best results.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd February 2019 at 19:46. Reason: typo fixed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks