Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 14:10   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_will View Post
Personally, I would not spend so much for a car with such a small boot.
I was reluctant to ask the question - why not fit a rooftop luggage carrier and enjoy with this superb car?

But the question sounds so insane to me when I hear myself thinking out aloud! Don't ask me why, but I wouldn't fit a rooftop carrier on the XUV 300 if I bought one. It seems so....wrong. I certainly have one on my TUV 300 and it fits the car's character very well. But on a XUV 300? Hmm...nope. I wouldn't do it. Again - don't ask me why, it's aesthetics and all that jazz.
locusjag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:12   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
The pricing is probably why most people were sceptical, but it seems like they have already clocked 4000 plus bookings, the Nexon & brezza might be affected, as the 300 is just fresh off the oven.
How many of those bookings convert into actual purchases is debatable. Post the price reveal, many people might not go ahead with the booking.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:34   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I was reluctant to ask the question - why not fit a rooftop luggage carrier and enjoy with this superb car?
Luggage carriers are not the most practical (than better boot space) and I do not like to put my stuff on open top carriers. Roof box is a better option but it would not fit in my mechanized stacked parking. And it spoils the car's looks as well.
Old 14th February 2019, 14:36   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How many of those bookings convert into actual purchases is debatable. Post the price reveal, many people might not go ahead with the booking.
Even I doubt. I was expecting around 11.5L on road price for the W8 petrol variant but this is too much even after considering features it has to offer. Below 12L on road should have been a better price. I think Mahindra messed up in the features distribution.
Old 14th February 2019, 14:38   #755
BHPian

Priced so close to EcoSport, is this pricing an effect of the JV with Ford? So that both partners can sell their respective CUVs without competing with each other on pricing? Mahindra has started selling Ford cars as well, so customers walking in would see both the XUV3OO and EcoSport in the same showroom, each car having its own set of pros and cons. So customers can choose between the two based on criteria other than price.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:53   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_will View Post
Luggage carriers are not the most practical (than better boot space) and I do not like to put my stuff on open top carriers. Roof box is a better option but it would not fit in my mechanized stacked parking. And it spoils the car's looks as well.
We are going slightly astray - but we've chanced upon a rooftop luggage bag sold by Amazon as a private label (or "white-labelled") product. Others have posted reviews too - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4418847 (Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car)

By using this, I find there's zero risk of water seepage onto luggage placed on one's roof/rooftop-carrier. The bag is a staple fixture on all our roadtrips and it gobbles up a lot of luggage up there.

But then again - all of this is inapplicable to the XUV 300 for reasons that you and I agree with. It spoils the look. And there's also aerodynamics to consider; my TUV 300 has the aerodynamic efficiency of a brick, so rooftop luggage makes minimal difference. But to have it on a XUV 300 which is bound to be driven fast and furious on the highway with all that power...it would compromise the handling of the car and ruin its fuel efficiency.

Speaking of the XUV 300's fuel efficiency - do note that Mahindra haven't uttered a single word about it till now Rooftop luggage is the last thing we should probably be talking about!
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:57   #757
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore On Road prices.

Courtesy Ananth Cars.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1550136433.117815.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 15:02   #758
Team-BHP Support

Suhaas307 and I drove this car couple of weeks back in Goa for an entire day. We covered every sort of driving conditions and both of us were extremely impressed with the XUV300 diesel.

Suhaas has a Polo GT TSI and I drive a remapped Ecosport TDCI. In short it was more fun to drive than both our cars. That is saying a LOT especially when it's a Mahindra and it's more fun to drive than a VW and a Ford.

Comparing with the Brezza is useless cause the Brezza is nowhere near the XUV in engineering, whether it is performance or driving dynamics.

The Ecosport and Nexon are close competitors for the XUV300.

But the XUV has better performance vs both, good dynamics and even more safety features (7 airbags, ESP, all round disc brakes etc). The ecosport performance is just above average and it's biggest drawback now is a 5 speed gearbox vs the NExon and XUV300's 6 speed unit.

The pricing is 20K more than the Ecosport S but for the 20K you get 1 extra airbag, all round disc brakes, better performance, 1 extra cog, front parking sensors and a more comfortable rear seat.

The only negatives we found in the XUV300 were:

1. Turbo lag
2. Long travel gear throws
3. Long travel clutch
4. Pathetic speakers. Audio is bad. Funny the volume was maxed out and still music was lower than what I wanted.
5. Boot is smaller than most hatchbacks. 251 litres. Baleno and jazz have more. Ecosport and wrv as well are better.

Other than the boot space none of them are deal breakers.

The nexon is great VFM but the XUV offers a lot more and if you can stretch to the Ford, the XUV makes a stronger case.
Vid6639 is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 15:10   #759
BHPian

Lower Variants are priced appropriately, but the higher versions look overpriced. Automobile manufacturers are aware that in passenger vehicles, the higher variants do sell more. So, If we take only the higher variants and particularly W8(O), there might be some cancellation of bookings.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 15:19   #760
BHPian

I feel that XUV 300 (W8) is overpriced by approx 1L.

Both Nexon and XUV 300 look like extended hatchbacks.

For me, Ecosport is still the perfect compact SUV!
daf23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 15:28   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
I feel that XUV 300 (W8) is overpriced by approx 1L.

Both Nexon and XUV 300 look like extended hatchbacks.

For me, Ecosport is still the perfect compact SUV!
Agree, it's overpriced.

No offense, but if you find Nexon/XUV300 and extended Hatchback, then wouldn't Ecosport qualify as vertically strethed hatchback. Thanks to the way it tapers down as we move up.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 16:16   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Building up the hype on the AMT variant - XUV3OO AMT seen at the launch event. Launching in March.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-1.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-2.jpg

Quote:
XUV300 AMT will be available with both petrol and diesel engine options.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th February 2019 at 16:22.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 16:21   #763
BHPian

I feel XUV 300 is overpriced by atleast INR 1 lakh to begin with. Maybe an introductory price would have made sense to justify the hype and prove market.

Nonetheless this would impact Nexon more if not Brezza
Old 14th February 2019, 16:22   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Thanks to the way it tapers down as we move up.
I don't disagree with your statement but of the three cars mentioned, I feel Ecosport to be better proportioned and this view is highly subjective
daf23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 16:32   #765
BHPian

Difference in price between the W6 and W8 is more than 2L. I am not even going to the W8(O). Either Mahindra is way too optimistic or just doesn't want to sell the W8.

Also if anyone has 14L to spend, why would he/she buy a new entrant and not the proven, tried and tested Ecosport. Agreed, this, maybe is a fun to drive car with solid performance, but buyers look out for VFM offerings.

Guess XUV300 will start with 1000-1200 units a month and then settle at 800-1000.
ayankm is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks