Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:20   #481
BHPian

Re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

Though I have been reading reviews, and going through opinions, I only got a chance to test drive this car a week back.

The car looks huge and unique from the front and the back. But should say that its time they stop the design work in India and take it to pininfarina. Design is clearly overdone.

And we took an accessorized version which looked uglier.

But to the contrary, inside the car - I really loved almost everything except for the huge blindspot in the rear. They should have retained the door handles on the normal spot below the windows.

Pretty responsive engine, easy gearshifts, neat turning radius, brilliant suspension (in comparison to my ecosport) and the second row is nice compared to other hatchbacks.

We went there to see whether KUV could be an alternative for the 5 year old Swift, but apparently did not make any sense. So dropped the plan.

But this should ideally make a good option for new buyers who need a more practical hatchback
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:04   #482

Re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

Mod Note: Our KUV100 Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Bad things
1. Lots of rattles and squeaks in an unopened(ICE yet to be installed) and 600kms driven car
2. LHS ORVM internal adjust lever wasn't functioning while the RHS mirror fell off when I crossed a speed breaker with some speed.
3. Yet to digest its looks.

Attachment 1482206

Regards
The Indian manufacturers tend to test the new vehicle with the customers instead of spending time in R&D before launch . Look at the speed at which Mahindra is launching new vehicles and it is a proof.

I own Tata nano and always find niggling issues (like rattling noise, durability of the parts etc) with the car. I was having a discussion with a Tata service person regarding the Zica vehicle and he asked me not to buy new vehicle from Tata till six months as it is bound to have critical issues which gets fixed after customers raise the concern.

I think this is the reason why Japanese cars are ruling our Indian market.

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2016 at 22:03. Reason: Link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks