Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 17:08   #256
BHPian

re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched

Had just dropped by close to the Mumbai dealership at Prabhadevi, hence inquired about the display car & test drive etc, whilst they had already set up the back drop for the BRV, (with road/tarmac laid out in front of the back drop), car will be displayed at 12.30 tomorrow i was informed. They also mentioned pricing of all possible variants will be live by 12 noon tomorrow on the honda india site..

Last edited by TRANSAM : 4th May 2016 at 17:09.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 17:21   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
CVT variant doesn't need Hill Start Assist. The car doesn't roll back even on an incline. It actually creeps forward a bit when you remove your foot from the brake (speaking from experience of driving the Honda City CVT)
Curious to know whether it does not roll back irrespective of the incline (a reasonable incline of course)?

The Honda CVT has a slim torque converter also which helps in the initial torque multiplication which in turn helps with preventing a roll back on inclines. I assume a pure CVT like the Micra/Baleno will be more prone to a roll back. A proper Hill Assist is independent of the car, its power/torque and incline. It always behaves the same. The natural creep or hill assist simulation that happens in CVT or TC equipped cars is dependent on the various parameters of the car and incline. Since the BR-V is a bigger, heavier car than the City (assumption- have not seen the numbers), I assume the behavior on an incline may be slightly different,

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 4th May 2016 at 17:23.
Old 4th May 2016, 17:52   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Curious to know whether it does not roll back irrespective of the incline (a reasonable incline of course)?

The Honda CVT has a slim torque converter also which helps in the initial torque multiplication which in turn helps with preventing a roll back on inclines. I assume a pure CVT like the Micra/Baleno will be more prone to a roll back. A proper Hill Assist is independent of the car, its power/torque and incline. It always behaves the same. The natural creep or hill assist simulation that happens in CVT or TC equipped cars is dependent on the various parameters of the car and incline. Since the BR-V is a bigger, heavier car than the City (assumption- have not seen the numbers), I assume the behavior on an incline may be slightly different,
As long as the incline is reasonable - like the ones you find in an urban environment. Of course, I only drove the Honda City CVT for about 20 minutes. What I can say though is that my A-Star AT (4-speed torque convertor) is twice as sprightly off the brake pedal (without accelerator input) as the Honda City CVT.

Honda City CVT has an ARAI fuel efficiency of 18 kmpl while BR-V has 16 kmpl. So I guess BR-V is roughly 12% heavier than the City. But I'm pretty sure the engine/gearbox combo has been tuned to handle the extra weight.

Last edited by SmartCat : 4th May 2016 at 17:54.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:58   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Personally, I don't mind the interiors (dashboard) of the Mobilio either. If it had an automatic option, Mobilio would have been in my garage by now.
Our purchase preferences match so well! I was told that Mobilio would be getting the CVT before its launch by the Prabhadevi dealers in Mumbai and I had closely followed its launch for booking it, but alas, the CVT never came!

And then the Ertiga AT came and I was all set to book it even though I was out of country, but then I sent my wife to do the booking and she disapproved of the plane-jane looks!

Now the BR-V promises these benefits that Karthik has rightly mentioned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
# Better legroom for 3rd row
# More luggage space, both with 3rd up and folded
# 2nd row leg room isn't compromised when 3rd row is folded unlike in Ertiga
# 2nd row seats tumble forward fully to allow better and easier access to 3rd row
# SUVish front face
# Bigger car feel while the Ertiga feels compact
So now it becomes a contest between price vs features and looks vs price b/w Ertiga AT and BR-V CVT for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thank you to Ganesh Raj Mohan for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Here is some more information on the features that are expected to available on each variant of the BR-V.

Attachment 1503410

Link to Team-BHP News Article
I was pretty sure that there will be some more differences between the V and VX than initially rumored, but with this leak now, they all are palatable to me if its only the V which gets the CVT.

Just one doubt though: they have not mentioned explicitly which variants get CVT, just that V will get paddle shifters on CVT. Does that rule out an S CVT? And then I hope Honda does not do any corner cutting on CVT V vs MT V to keep price low, which might make it a
Hvt77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:59   #260
BHPian

Hill Start Assist is a separate feature listed along with Vehicle Stability Control on the higher of the two CVT variants in the Indonesian BR-V. That's why the question...

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2016 at 19:37. Reason: Expanding the acronyms used so that their meaning is clear to all. Please do so in the future for the lesser known ones. :)
Old 4th May 2016, 19:07   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Strange. When I called up my sales person at Honda dealership today, he said something along the lines of "Sir, Delhi launch is tomorrow yes, but all India launch is only on 12th". This dealership is getting a BRV for customer test drive only on 12th apparently.
Wrong info.

I received an invitation from my nearest Honda dealer for the launch of the BR-V tomorrow at 4:30 PM. According to them, cars will be readily available for test drives immediately after the launch.

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-img_9237.jpg

Deliveries might start from the 12th onwards. Could be that that particular dealer is confusing dates, or their dealership's allotted cars would be arriving late.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 09:50   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Wrong info.
His info is correct.
P.S. Anyone coming to Arya Honda Prabhadevi? I am visiting around 11.30~12. We can catch up.
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-image.png  

Last edited by riteshritesh : 5th May 2016 at 09:54.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 11:57   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Webcast link from the Honda Website. Due to start soon. As everyone has been saying, pricing holds the key to the success/failure of the BR-V. Honda definitely need another big volume model.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/brv/
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:03   #264
BHPian

At the launch waiting for the unveiling.
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-image.jpeg  

riteshritesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:15   #265
Team-BHP Support

All that extra make-up has added 50 kilos to the kerb weight of BR-V (when compared to the Mobilio)
Old 5th May 2016, 12:26   #266
BHPian

Ex Delhi price

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-brv.jpg

BR-V variant wise feature list

E variant

# Dual front airbags
# ABS with EBD (Diesel only)
# Projector headlamps
# Roof rails
# 60/40 split seats for the second row
# 50/50 split seats for the third row
# Tilt steering
# Power windows

S Variant

In addition to E

# 2 DIN audio player with Bluetooth
# Steering-mounted audio controls
# Sliding second row seats|
# Automatic climate control
# Rear AC vents
# Driver’s seat height adjust
# Rear wiper, washer and defogger

V Variant

In addition to S

# Push-button start with keyless entry
# Power-folding wing mirrors
# Multi-info display
# Front fog lamps
# Speed-sensitive door locks
# Second row centre armrest

VX Variant

In addition to V

# LED daytime running lights
# Front and rear faux skid plates
# Leather seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel, gear knob and armrests
# Auto up/down driver’s window

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-401557.aspx

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th May 2016 at 12:53.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:49   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Introductory prices, ex-showroom Delhi:

Petrol:

E MT = 8,75,000

S MT = 9,90,000

V MT = 10,90,000

VX MT = 11,84,000

V CVT = 11,99,000

Diesel:

E MT = 9,90,000

S MT = 10,99,000

V MT = 11,85,000

VX MT = 12,90,000

I was bang on with my predicted prices!

A bit optimistic by Honda. They could have easily shaved off at least 40,000-50,000 rupees further across all variants and made the BR-V seem a little more VFM.

As things stand, it could be tough going for the BR-V, if it doesn't find much acceptance for the 7-seater advantage and the "H" badge.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th May 2016 at 13:02. Reason: Same image as the previous post removed. Helps mobile based users download pages faster.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:49   #268
BHPian

Ex Showroom Delhi prices:

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-screen-shot-20160505-1.27.33-pm.png
Old 5th May 2016, 12:56   #269
Team-BHP Support

I probably need to add 20% to that number to arrive at on-road Bangalore prices. So at about Rs. 14.4 Lacs on road for Honda BR-V CVT, the asking price is just about right. Not earth-shattering value, but not too overpriced either.

This means Honda BR-V CVT will be my next car!
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:57   #270
BHPian

Lotsa safety features missing from the international versions: ISOFIX, Side Impact Beams, Stability Control, Hill Launch etc..
Pricing is along expected lines.

Comparing the BRV CVT to the City CVT .. this will be similarly priced.. about 13.35L OTR in Delhi !!! Buying !!!!

Last edited by Zappo : 5th May 2016 at 13:00. Reason: Please use the Edit button to add to your previous post rather than making multiple posts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks