Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 09:20   #106
Senior - BHPian

With Jeep, Hyundai and possibly Renault all hinting at new SUV's I wonder what's holding Maruti back. They just keep flogging the aneamic Brezza. Come on Maruti show your mettle and launch the Vitara. You shouldn't be resting on your laurels for too long.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 11:21   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India

With reports of Ertga Crossover is not a segment Maruti Suzuki would venture into, and its Chief claiming an SUV is in works(few months back), it is most likely the the Grand Vitara will be the next SUV from Maruti Suzuki or will they launch the Vitara too?

Link
Old 1st September 2018, 11:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With reports of Ertga Crossover is not a segment Maruti Suzuki would venture into, and its Chief claiming an SUV is in works(few months back), it is most likely the the Grand Vitara will be the next SUV from Maruti Suzuki or will they launch the Vitara too?

Link
Sure it seems that they will go ahead with a proper suv. What remains to been seen is if it will be the International Vitara or the Grand Vitara. Do they still have the Grand Vitara in their lineup?
Old 13th September 2018, 20:32   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

New Vitara ready for launch in Europe. Starts at € 20980.

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz7.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz5.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz3.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz2.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz6.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz8.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suz9.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2018 at 20:36.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 15:46   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Of interest to India launch - New Suzuki Vitara plug-in hybrid on the way.

S Cross Hybrid is in the pipeline too. Lower segments will not get the hybrids.

Quote:
The cost of electrification is around £10,000
Quote:
Mild hybrids and plug-in Vitara all in the pipeline at Suzuki.

The Suzuki Vitara will be the Japanese firm’s first plug-in hybrid model when it launches early next decade.

Will use 12-volt systems on smaller cars, and 48-volt on the larger models - this will happen up to 2020.

Source:
Old 25th September 2018, 21:08   #111
BHPian

Came across the yet to be launched Vitara in Haryana on 15th September. The car was of blue color and was sporting white number plates bearing a Gurgaon number. The Suzuki logo was hid using a black cloth on both front and the back. I couldn't take any pictures as I was driving myself. The car was on Bhiwani-Rohtak highway and took the turn onward to bypass of Rohtak. It was doing good speeds of around 120-130 Kmph when it overtook us.

As of my impression about the car, it was (at least it looked to me) almost the same size as the Creta. It looked a little less long though, maybe I am wrong? Don't know which engine spec it was running on, but it had no problem increasing its speeds from already high numbers mentioned above when overtaking. Overall I think Suzuki should launch it soon in India. Backed by the Maruti name it will give a tough competition to Hyundai (maybe even sell in higher numbers?).

By the way I was in our Ecosport Diesel, had no problem keeping up. (Reckless on my part, I know!!). This was my first spotting of a car yet to be launched, therefore got a little excited, will behave myself next time onward.

And yeah apologies for the delay, completely forgot about it.
Old 7th November 2018, 19:56   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Vitara at the Sao Paulo Motor show,

Quote:
Vitara, which changed bumper, headlights and flashlights (now on LEDs) and front grille, plus new 17 "Wheels, new colorful instrument panel and sunroof option. Engines are 1.4 T and 1.6 aspirated, both with six-speed automatic gearbox
Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-1.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-2.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-3.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-4.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-5.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-7.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th November 2018 at 19:58.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 21:51   #113
Senior - BHPian

Looks very dated. If India gets this, then its got some serious competition. My assumption is that it will command a good premium over the Brezza, so at the least this has to be between the 13-18 lakh on road price segment. And that is where the competition is heating up. For one you have the current leader, Creta. Then you have the Harrier in the same price segment, well almost. Then you would Kia coming up with the SP concept, although it too could be priced little higher than the Harrier and the Creta. And you also have other credible alternatives like the XUV, with 2 additional seats.

So the question is, apart from the regular sales, service and re-sale values associated with Suzuki, what else can the Vitara bring to the table?

Once people decide to spend 15 lakhs and above they are bound to look around and even take a few risks with other brands, as long as the car feels special, and that is precisely how the Creta rules today.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 22:09   #114
Senior - BHPian

I somehow like the clean and muscular look. No frivolous stuff and a meaningful stance. But then it only me probably. It does bring the AWD on the table and I would definitely consider picking it up. Wonder if they will ever launch this here.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 06:55   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I somehow like the clean and muscular look. No frivolous stuff and a meaningful stance. But then it only me probably. It does bring the AWD on the table and I would definitely consider picking it up. Wonder if they will ever launch this here.
This Vitara with the Suzuki AllGrip 4WD has been available for a while abroad. Same with the S Cross with AllGrip 4WD.
Now while this might be the new face lifted one, I’m not very sure that Maruti even wants to consider catering to the small niche of people who may wish for a 4WD vehicle.
And then, there’s the pricing. If they cant keep it competitive against the Creta, success is a problem for them. Hence in all likelihood even if they bring it in, it will come along in its 2WD Avatar only and remain as a filler in the gap that exists, below the Creta.
Old 8th November 2018, 09:06   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This Vitara with the Suzuki AllGrip 4WD has been available for a while abroad. Same with the S Cross with AllGrip 4WD.
Now while this might be the new face lifted one, I’m not very sure that Maruti even wants to consider catering to the small niche of people who may wish for a 4WD vehicle.
And then, there’s the pricing. If they cant keep it competitive against the Creta, success is a problem for them. Hence in all likelihood even if they bring it in, it will come along in its 2WD Avatar only and remain as a filler in the gap that exists, below the Creta.
Let's see if and what they finally unveil. There were some reports that the AllGrip option would be made available in India. It would be a dud if that's not the case.
Old 4th January 2019, 21:43   #117
Senior - BHPian

Very generic, very ordinary inside out, looks like a blown up Brezza. Interiors look like a Swift. Suzuki has no products to compete in the upper reaches of the market, it's better they realize that and bring in the Jimny with 5 doors and make it a hit.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 4th January 2019 at 21:54.
Old 11th July 2019, 12:03   #118
Senior - BHPian

2019 Suzuki Vitara spotted in India

The 2019 Suzuki Vitara was unveiled in August 2018. The SUV has now been spied testing in India.

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-marutisuzukivitara4x4spiedindia.jpg

The new Vitara features wraparound headlamps with projectors and a dual-tone front bumper with chrome inserts. It has circular fog lamps and vertical LED daytime running lights. At the rear, the SUV has chunky wraparound tail lights and a dual-tone bumper with a pair of reflectors. It has a silver insert with the reversing light in the centre. The test car, which sported black paint and no badges, had ORVMs with integrated turn-indicators, roof rails and dual-tone alloy wheels. On the inside, the new Vitara gets black interiors with grey trim and circular air-conditioner vents. The test car had a screen mounted on the centre console.

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-marutisuzukivitara4x4spiedindiarear.jpg

In the international market, the new Vitara is available with 1.0-litre and 1.4-litre BoosterJet turbo petrol engines. It also comes with all-wheel drive.

In India, the Vitara might compete the Hyundai Creta and Renault Duster.

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-marutisuzukivitara4x4spiedindiaside.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-marutisuzukivitara4x4spiedindia1.jpg

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-marutisuzukivitara4x4spiedindiainterior.jpg

Source: Gaadiwaadi
TusharK is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:17   #119
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Suzuki Vitara spotted in India

With the lack of big BS6 diesel from Suzuki, will this be a petrol only option? Suzuki knows its customer, but petrol only SUV have never seen success in our market thanks to fuel prices.

It would be a Hilarious anticlimax, if the hidden badges were Toyota instead of suzuki
giri1.8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:18   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2019 Suzuki Vitara spotted in India

Expected from the NEW SUZUKI Vitara:

- Likely to be the first HYBRID model from Suzuki

- Suzuki’s new hybrid models will be available in a range of options varying from mild hybrid to full hybrid.(both a 12 volt and 48 volt option,)

- Suzuki Vitara Hybrid, which is expected to be ready to go on sale in the next few years.( 2021 ?)

- Likely to be the 7 Seater - Grand Vitara?

Quote:
The new Suzuki Vitara Hybrid will take the brand’s current mild hybrid offering to a whole new level. As the first fully hybrid Suzuki vehicle, it will bring an even greater level of fuel efficiency to the Vitara and reduce CO2 emissions further, marking a future that combines the brand’s legacy with a more electrified direction.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th July 2019 at 12:41.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks