Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 15:06   #1
BHPian

2016 Range Rover Evoque facelift launched at 47.1L onwards

2016 Range Rover Evoque facelift launched at 47.1L onwards-cukawi2uyaanfuu.jpglarge.jpg
Pricing

Range Rover Evoque Pure: Rs 47.1 lakh

Range Rover Evoque SE: Rs 52.9 lakh

Range Rover Evoque HSE: 57.7 lakh

Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic: Rs 63.2 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, Mumbai)
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 17:37   #2
BHPian

Re: 2016 Range Rover Evoque facelift launched at 47.1L onwards

That is a price drop compared to the outgoing model . The Discovery Sport is priced nearly the same, it does offer practicality but I would definitely go for this one. By far the best looking car we have in India for me.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 19:44   #3
BHPian

I test drove the Discovery Sport last month. I will definitely go for the evoque over the Discovery. The rear seat space might be better but evoque looks like a million bucks and the interiors are also more premium than the Discovery. The price is Ok considering the Germans are also over pricing their cars these days. Only problem is the reliability and service network for which jlr is not exactly famous.
ToyotaFan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 13:14   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Only problem is the reliability and service network for which jlr is not exactly famous.
Actually, because of its Ford underpinnings, the reliability of the Evoque / Freelander is superb. Both SUVs are mechanically identical. My BIL drives one and has covered 60,000 kms. No breakdowns, no serious problems. It's simple old-school mechanicals under the hood.

2016 Range Rover Evoque facelift launched at 47.1L onwards-img_5677.jpg
Old 20th November 2015, 13:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Actually, because of its Ford underpinnings, the reliability of the Evoque / Freelander is superb. Both SUVs are mechanically identical. My BIL drives one and has covered 60,000 kms. No breakdowns, no serious problems. It's simple old-school mechanicals under the hood.

Attachment 1441569
Thanks a lot GTO. How would you rate the after sales support compared to the Germans? The presentation sales experience was nowhere near what I have got from Audi but its the after sales which matter.
I found the car reasonably good to drive except that the engine noise on revving the engine (to 3-4k) was unlike any luxury car I have driven (320d, E 250, Q3). Looks like the diesel engine is not refined enough. Any idea if the new diesel engine for the XE will make its way into the evoque in the mid term. I am looking to upgrade from the fortuner in second half of 2016 and can thus wait if something good is on the cards.
Old 20th November 2015, 13:45   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Thanks a lot GTO. How would you rate the after sales support compared to the Germans?
Horrible, terrible, nightmarish.

Quote:
I found the car reasonably good to drive except that the engine noise on revving the engine (to 3-4k) was unlike any luxury car I have driven (320d, E 250, Q3)
4 cylinder, yes it's loud at higher rpms. Doesn't have the refinement or finesse of the Germans.

Quote:
I am looking to upgrade from the fortuner in second half of 2016 and can thus wait if something good is on the cards.
You might want to wait for the next-gen Fortuner too.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks